Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2022, 04:35 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,816,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slunk View Post
How come the "mentally ill" in other countries aren't this violent and homicidal?

When I lived in another country the homeless would sing and beg for money but I don't recall any stabbing people to death or ambushing them off subway platforms to kill them.

Maybe we should stop making excuses for these rat parasites

genetics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2022, 05:19 PM

15 posts, read 9,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Guy looks mentally disturbed. He wasn't just taken to Bellevue just because. It's sad that we're not having a discussion about the mental ill crisis in our City, which is definitely impacting men (men of color, but also White men). I see so many men in the City that are clearly unstable.
I always view things in this way that all the killers are mentally ill because if they were not mentally ill then they wont kill people. Its sad that they always can get rid of the charges because they are mentally ill or pretend to be mentally ill.

Old 02-13-2022, 05:46 PM

162 posts, read 70,562 times
This has been happening to Black women at rates Asian victims can't compare to. It wasn't cared about then and it won't be cared about now just because the victim is Asian. It has to affect a certain demographic in order for a real solution to be sought (those who are higher in the social hierarchy).

Mentally ill doesn't mean violent, most mentally ill individuals aren't violent. There are contributing factors that are often ignored and/or excused.

As a Black woman, it's infuriating how these savages are allowed to roam freely to prey on the innocent OVER and OVER again and more upsetting that I don't hear more people within minority communities who express the same injustices especially when their communities are riddled with them.

Old 02-13-2022, 05:57 PM

6,682 posts, read 6,027,847 times
Poor woman is identified in an updated article. She had a solid career and was full of potential.

On another note, these kinds of attacks have been happening a lot where people get killed in their buildings. Please be aware of your surroundings! One woman in the Bronx was able to evade her attacker!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...apartment.html

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-door/3310894/

Old 02-13-2022, 06:03 PM

6,652 posts, read 2,964,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoppressedracist View Post

As a Black woman, it's infuriating how these savages are allowed to roam freely to prey on the innocent OVER and OVER again and more upsetting that I don't hear more people within minority communities who express the same injustices especially when their communities are riddled with them.
To take even the slightest stance of being tough on crime and anti-thug will just brand you a racist or uncle tom. The words Law and order are now viewed as dogwhistles for white supremacy by design.

Old 02-13-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Poor woman is identified in an updated article. She had a solid career and was full of potential.

On another note, these kinds of attacks have been happening a lot where people get killed in their buildings. Please be aware of your surroundings! One woman in the Bronx was able to evade her attacker!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...apartment.html

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-door/3310894/
Absolutely! When I see women walking late at night with headphones in and/or glued to their phones. I can only wish they've made it home safely. It's unfortunate how unaware some tend to be - not expecting anything to happen to them.

Old 02-13-2022, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
To take even the slightest stance of being tough on crime and anti-thug will just brand you a racist or uncle tom. The words Law and order are now viewed as dogwhistles for white supremacy by design.
Hence the username - I've been called that quite a few times, lol.

Such absurdity.

Old 02-13-2022, 06:11 PM

6,682 posts, read 6,027,847 times
Quote:
Absolutely! When I see women walking late at night with headphones in and/or glued to their phones. I can only wish they've made it home safely. It's unfortunate how unaware some tend to be - not expecting anything to happen to them.
It happened to me on a bus when I had headphones and someone sat next to me and literally put their hands in my pocket to remove my cellphone. It was my moment of unawareness because of my listening to music, but thankfully other riders in the bus slapped the crap out of them and I got my phone back lol

Old 02-13-2022, 06:53 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,029,172 times
Quote:
This has been happening to Black women at rates Asian victims can't compare to. It wasn't cared about then and it won't be cared about now just because the victim is Asian. It has to affect a certain demographic in order for a real solution to be sought (those who are higher in the social hierarchy).

Mentally ill doesn't mean violent, most mentally ill individuals aren't violent. There are contributing factors that are often ignored and/or excused.

Eh, comparison is not quite accurate. Asian men aren't following Black women into buildings and murdering them in the Bronx or Harlem (or really anywhere). This happened in Chinatown which means the perp picked his target on purpose.

If you are referring to Black on Black violence that is a different issue and one that needs to be addressed by the Black community. You know why the media doesn't care to mention it? B/c anytime someone of a different race tries to talk about it they are labeled a racist. And if a Black person tries to talk about it they are called an Oreo or an Uncle Tom. The only solution is for Black activists to push through this negativity and ignore the inbuilt pressure.

Old 02-13-2022, 07:25 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,286,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Eh, comparison is not quite accurate. Asian men aren't following Black women into buildings and murdering them in the Bronx or Harlem (or really anywhere). This happened in Chinatown which means the perp picked his target on purpose.

If you are referring to Black on Black violence that is a different issue and one that needs to be addressed by the Black community. You know why the media doesn't care to mention it? B/c anytime someone of a different race tries to talk about it they are labeled a racist. And if a Black person tries to talk about it they are called an Oreo or an Uncle Tom. The only solution is for Black activists to push through this negativity and ignore the inbuilt pressure.
Leave my Oreos out of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City