Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 08:29 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,270,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoppressedracist View Post
You've generalized a whole community of people - NOT knowing the WHOLE community of people. How could that ever make sense?

You think collectively the whole Black community thinks and feels the same - regardless of educational background, career and upbringing?

How ludicrous.
You serious? How can anybody not know anything about the black community today? You literally have to live in a cave to not be exposed to American black culture today. It’s forced onto everyone through the media, entertainment, sports, schools, businesses, government, etc. You can’t escape it even if you want to.

Old 02-18-2022, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Yes, it took a Civil War to end slavery and of course blacks don’t have legal barriers to mobility because they had to fight for it.

And no, it wasn’t given to them by white people.

And you still didn’t directly address what I said.
The Civil War was mainly fought between white people and all the rights that blacks gained are given to them by whites. If whites were united in not allowing blacks those rights, blacks would not have those rights, no matter how hard you fight for it.

Anyway, this is just a lot of deflection on your part. You still haven’t shown us what legal barriers there are today that blacks face and what racist epithet Trump made.

Old 02-18-2022, 08:37 PM

162 posts, read 71,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You serious? How can anybody not know anything about the black community today? You literally have to live in a cave to not be exposed to American black culture today. It’s forced onto everyone through the media, entertainment, sports, schools, businesses, government, etc. You can’t escape it even if you want to.
You still didn't answer the question. You know every member of the Black community?

Your response alone is questionable.

Old 02-18-2022, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Wait, I read this again. Now I'm confused.

How DOES the whole Black community benefit from actions of the degenerates within?
Look at how the government, media, organizations are all going woke and virtue signaling their love for blacks ever since George Floyd. Of course it started way way before him but it seemed to have blown up exponentially since him.

Old 02-18-2022, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Look at how the government, media, organizations are all going woke and virtue signaling their love for blacks ever since George Floyd. Of course it started way way before him but it seemed to have blown up exponentially since him.
Still that does not explain how EVERY Black person benefits? You just generalized a WHOLE community, which can also negatively be done towards Whites, Asians etc.

I'm still not understanding how the demographic of educated Black people who've attained their careers through hard work and dedication benefit?

If that's the explanation it seems to me that Whites are benefiting more from going "woke and virtue signaling" rather than the Black people they're attempting to "help".

Old 02-18-2022, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Still that does not explain how EVERY Black person benefits? You just generalized a WHOLE community, which can also negatively be done towards Whites, Asians etc.

I'm still not understanding how the demographic of educated Black people who've attained their careers through hard work and dedication benefit?

If that's the explanation it seems to me that Whites are benefiting more from going "woke and virtue signaling" rather than the Black people they're attempting to "help".
You need to stop with the “every black person” thing. Nothing in life is ever absolute. For example, even at the height of racist America, not every white person was doing well. Plenty of whites were destitute and led miserable lives, worse than even some blacks.

As a whole, the black community is getting way more opportunities and preferential treatment with each degenerate like George Floyd getting killed or mistreated by a white cop.

Last edited by antinimby; 02-18-2022 at 09:21 PM..

Old 02-18-2022, 09:13 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,311,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LES-Adrian View Post
I grew up respecting all kinds of talented black actors and comedians and athletes. Not anymore. I do not respect any of them anymore and never will. Have fun kissing the butt of Mr. Africa mayor Adams and Lightfoot.

Blacks are just pure evil now. Gimme gimme gimme poor me I’m black bla bla bla. People need to change their minds about them. I already have.
Damn. These are some strong feelings.

So Blacks were only useful as entertainment? What changed your perspective? Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Martians all have their hands out these days. A nation of entitle people.

Old 02-18-2022, 09:22 PM

Quote:
You need to stop with the “every black person.” Nothing in life is ever absolute.

As a whole, the black community is getting way more opportunities and preferential treatment with each degenerate like George Floyd getting killed or mistreated by a white cop.
Yet YOU are the one that stated.

"Black people are making it very hard for anyone to like them." AND "Except the whole black community rides the coattails of that smaller demographic whenever it’s convenient".

Still does that mean "the whole community" will benefit or would want to benefit from degenerates?

Also, I'm Black - but I did not follow the George Floyd incident much (I'm not joking either). What opportunities/preferential treatment were provided due to George Floyd's death? Because I'm still hearing people express their grievances.

Old 02-18-2022, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Yet YOU are the one that stated.

"Black people are making it very hard for anyone to like them." AND "Except the whole black community rides the coattails of that smaller demographic whenever it’s convenient".

Still does that mean "the whole community" will benefit or would want to benefit from degenerates?

Also, I'm Black - but I did not follow the George Floyd incident much (I'm not joking either). What opportunities/preferential treatment were provided due to George Floyd's death? Because I'm still hearing people express their grievances.
My statements throughout are consistent. When I say black people, I am referring to the black community but it does not say anything about individuals. You are the one trying to then expand my quotes to include individuals when I am talking in generality.

Old 02-18-2022, 09:32 PM

Quote:
My statements throughout are consistent. When I say black people, I am referring to the black community but it does not say anything about individuals. You are the one trying to then expand my quotes to include individuals when I am talking in generality.
And that EXACTLY is the problem, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City