Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 09:39 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,244,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoppressedracist View Post
And that EXACTLY is the problem, lol.
And blacks like yourself believing that is the problem instead of the real problems within your community is what keeps anything from being fixed.

Old 02-18-2022, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Damn. These are some strong feelings.

So Blacks were only useful as entertainment? What changed your perspective? Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Martians all have their hands out these days. A nation of entitle people.
What a bogus claim on your part. That poster never said that. He just said he had respect for blacks in those industries because those industries are where many blacks are very prominent in.

Old 02-18-2022, 09:53 PM

162 posts, read 70,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
And blacks like yourself believing that is the problem instead of the real problems within your community is what keeps anything from being fixed.
What exactly is "my community" do you know my background, where I was raised, what my beliefs are? It's apparent you're ignorant and aren't familiar - as I've expressed countless issues within the Black communities.

However, people like YOU are also the problem. Therefore I don't feel bad for the degenerates within the Black community who make poor choices and have to face consequences nor' do I feel bad for people like you who often fall victim.

Old 02-19-2022, 02:33 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,304,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
And you still didn’t address what I said. These immigrants did not have barriers to economic mobility that Americans blacks had.

Plenty of poor people in other countries also live above their means, drink, do drugs, and have children they can afford, don’t want to work and so forth.

These type of people usually don’t immigrate to the United States. I’m sure there are exceptions.

That still has nothing to do with blacks.
Please explain to me how an American with vast social safety nets, numerous opportunities for education and entrepreneurship and 1000% more robust and diversified economy (which translates to more job opportunities) has more barriers to economic mobility than an immigrant who lived in a shack with no running water, electricity etc?

Many of these poor immigrants move to the US with the disadvantage of being an immigrant (trying to figure out how the system works) and also don't speak the language. Somehow, they are able to find opportunities that everyone claims are non-existent.

I can readily name 6 of those immigrants who you claim that don't move to the US. I was one of them. 3 of them currently have PHDs. All of them have rewarding and well paying careers. Most of them only obtained higher education in the USA.

Stop with the pity party and excuses. No one is coming to save you. You have to save yourself.

My cousin has a PHD. Her mother worked as a school cleaner until the day she retired. The school cleaner mom educated her children and bought two houses in America. If you have ambition and drive it can be done.

Old 02-19-2022, 06:13 AM

147 posts, read 60,763 times
Quote:
Except the whole black community rides the coattails of that smaller demographic whenever it’s convenient.
The funny part is, there is really no "black community." What exists, are individuals who happen to have brown skin, living together in various neighborhoods.

It is fairly common however, for some white people to believe that black people are a monolithic group. I don't speak about individual people as a community, just because they share the same skin color. It's actually quite laughable.

Old 02-19-2022, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoppressedracist View Post
What exactly is "my community" do you know my background, where I was raised, what my beliefs are? It's apparent you're ignorant and aren't familiar - as I've expressed countless issues within the Black communities.

However, people like YOU are also the problem. Therefore I don't feel bad for the degenerates within the Black community who make poor choices and have to face consequences nor' do I feel bad for people like you who often fall victim.
It figures you wouldn’t care and actually support violence. Also, typical rant expected from black apologists. Always blame someone else for YOUR problems. Notice no other groups are such whiners.

Others are regular victims from black attacks (Jews, Asians, and to a lesser degree, Latino immigrants) but you don’t see them blaming blacks. You can bet however that if it was the other way around, blacks would be screaming their head off about racism.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:27 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,704,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Please explain to me how an American with vast social safety nets, numerous opportunities for education and entrepreneurship and 1000% more robust and diversified economy (which translates to more job opportunities) has more barriers to economic mobility than an immigrant who lived in a shack with no running water, electricity etc?

Many of these poor immigrants move to the US with the disadvantage of being an immigrant (trying to figure out how the system works) and also don't speak the language. Somehow, they are able to find opportunities that everyone claims are non-existent.

I can readily name 6 of those immigrants who you claim that don't move to the US. I was one of them. 3 of them currently have PHDs. All of them have rewarding and well paying careers. Most of them only obtained higher education in the USA.

Stop with the pity party and excuses. No one is coming to save you. You have to save yourself.

My cousin has a PHD. Her mother worked as a school cleaner until the day she retired. The school cleaner mom educated her children and bought two houses in America. If you have ambition and drive it can be done.
Perhaps you misread my post. I wasn’t referring to people like you or your comprehension skills aren’t that stellar.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
The Civil War was mainly fought between white people and all the rights that blacks gained are given to them by whites. If whites were united in not allowing blacks those rights, blacks would not have those rights, no matter how hard you fight for it.

Anyway, this is just a lot of deflection on your part. You still haven’t shown us what legal barriers there are today that blacks face and what racist epithet Trump made.
No they weren’t just given to blacks, they were demanded and fought for by black Americans.

And I said there were none because they fought for them.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_inNova View Post
The funny part is, there is really no "black community." What exists, are individuals who happen to have brown skin, living together in various neighborhoods.

It is fairly common however, for some white people to believe that black people are a monolithic group. I don't speak about individual people as a community, just because they share the same skin color. It's actually quite laughable.
Yes there are cultural, ethnic and religious differences in the “black community.” This however can be said of just about every other group too. Whites, Asians, Latinos, etc. are not monolithic either.

Old 02-19-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
The Civil War was mainly fought between white people and all the rights that blacks gained are given to them by whites. If whites were united in not allowing blacks those rights, blacks would not have those rights, no matter how hard you fight for it.

Anyway, this is just a lot of deflection on your part. You still haven’t shown us what legal barriers there are today that blacks face and what racist epithet Trump made.
No they weren’t just given to blacks, they were demanded and fought for by black Americans.

And I said there were none because they fought for them.

And the Civil War was fought between white people because a group of them, collectively, disagreed and wanted to continue owning slaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City