Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 05:57 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,436,634 times

Advertisements

Funny how Adams care so much about the economy that he's urging people to go back to the office. How about we also end the vaccine mandate for NYC workers?? I think that's part of the reason why my company is not urging people to go back. A vaccine card is required to enter into our office building due to the mandate. So since we've been working from home for two years, our company did not keep track nor care who is vaccinated and who is not. By pushing people to come back, it will cause extra work and havoc to police everyone's vaccination status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 06:13 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,273,386 times
With gas heading toward $5 and even $6 here on the east coast, the pressure for WFH will be even greater.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:38 PM

621 posts, read 242,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Funny how Adams care so much about the economy that he's urging people to go back to the office. How about we also end the vaccine mandate for NYC workers?? I think that's part of the reason why my company is not urging people to go back. A vaccine card is required to enter into our office building due to the mandate. So since we've been working from home for two years, our company did not keep track nor care who is vaccinated and who is not. By pushing people to come back, it will cause extra work and havoc to police everyone's vaccination status.

No more vaccination mandates starting tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
With gas heading toward $5 and even $6 here on the east coast, the pressure for WFH will be even greater.

Not in NYC. Most people take public transportation so the price of gas is irrelevant to commuters.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:20 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,436,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
No more vaccination mandates starting tomorrow.
That only applies to indoor dining, movie theaters, etc. But to keep your job, the mandate still applies. And because of that, it makes return to office THAT much harder.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
That only applies to indoor dining, movie theaters, etc. But to keep your job, the mandate still applies. And because of that, it makes return to office THAT much harder.

Beginning Monday, March 7th:
  • Key to NYC rules will be suspended. Indoor venues, including restaurants, fitness facilities, and entertainment spaces will no longer be required to check for proof of vaccination before customers enter. Businesses previously covered by Key to NYC rules will still have the flexibility to require proof of vaccination or masking indoors if they choose.
https://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-m...xt-phase-of#/0

Essentially, your employer is no longer required to follow the mandate because it's not suspended. Now if your employer is forcing vaccination proof and/or shots, that has nothing to do with the city of NY starting tomorrow. Unless I'm reading this wrong, this is great news!!!

Old 03-07-2022, 04:54 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,511,901 times
Quote:
Beginning Monday, March 7th:
  • Key to NYC rules will be suspended. Indoor venues, including restaurants, fitness facilities, and entertainment spaces will no longer be required to check for proof of vaccination before customers enter. Businesses previously covered by Key to NYC rules will still have the flexibility to require proof of vaccination or masking indoors if they choose.
https://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-m...xt-phase-of#/0

Essentially, your employer is no longer required to follow the mandate because it's not suspended. Now if your employer is forcing vaccination proof and/or shots, that has nothing to do with the city of NY starting tomorrow. Unless I'm reading this wrong, this is great news!!!
No. Private sector mandate still in place. I still can’t go to the office.

Mayor Adams today also announced that all other COVID-19 mandates will remain in effect. Under the rules, employees will still be required to be vaccinated unless they have received a reasonable accommodation from their employer.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:34 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,337,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post

Mayor Adams today also announced that all other COVID-19 mandates will remain in effect. Under the rules, employees will still be required to be vaccinated unless they have received a reasonable accommodation from their employer.
What private sector mandate doesn't allow you go to your office?

Old 03-07-2022, 07:41 AM

5,892 posts, read 3,001,400 times
Adams called me directly and asked me to come back to work.
I told him I would if he paid for my lunches from here on. Like a free lunch Debit card, $25 day limit.

He said he would get back to me.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post

Wait...what??? This is why I can't spend time on this site. You're flat out lying. I relayed information directly from the NYC government website. And you still believe what you want to believe. Wow!

Old 03-07-2022, 07:43 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,337,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Adams called me directly and asked me to come back to work.
I told him I would if he paid for my lunches from here on.
LOL!! $25-30 a pop... I would...

Quote:
Wait...what??? This is why I can't spend time on this site. You're flat out lying. I relayed information directly from the NYC government website. And you still believe what you want to believe. Wow!
I work in the private sector and heard no such thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City