Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 10:49 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
Wait...what??? This is why I can't spend time on this site. You're flat out lying. I relayed information directly from the NYC government website. And you still believe what you want to believe. Wow!
LOL you need to read again, Adams said private sector mandate cannot return to offices in Manhattan unless vaccinated. Why would I lie? I would have been called back to the office if that was the case, I'm still fully remote.

that's why Kylie Irving still cannot play in NYC, haven't you heard?

"Friday’s announcement does not affect a private sector vaccine mandate, nor does it affect any of the city workers who were fired for refusing to get the vaccine. Masks are also still required at health care facilities, correction centers and public transit."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 10:56 AM

621 posts, read 240,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
LOL you need to read again, Adams said private sector mandate cannot return to offices in Manhattan unless vaccinated. Why would I lie? I would have been called back to the office if that was the case, I'm still fully remote.

that's why Kylie Irving still cannot play in NYC, haven't you heard?

"Friday’s announcement does not affect a private sector vaccine mandate, nor does it affect any of the city workers who were fired for refusing to get the vaccine. Masks are also still required at health care facilities, correction centers and public transit."

That is not correct. Key to NYC was suspended. I'm supposed to believe YOU over the Mayor of NYC who made the decree and posted it on the NYC.gov website?

Businesses previously covered by Key to NYC rules will still have the flexibility to require proof of vaccination or masking indoors if they choose.

If you're not being called back to the office, that's YOUR EMPLOYER'S decision.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:13 AM

5,804 posts, read 2,930,663 times
can one go to a museum without a vaccination? Asking for all the kids in NYC. Or must they be Jabbed jabbed and some more jabbing.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
That is not correct. Key to NYC was suspended. I'm supposed to believe YOU over the Mayor of NYC who made the decree and posted it on the NYC.gov website?

Businesses previously covered by Key to NYC rules will still have the flexibility to require proof of vaccination or masking indoors if they choose.

If you're not being called back to the office, that's YOUR EMPLOYER'S decision.
This ONLY applies to restaurants, and indoor venues....not offices.

Late in February, Adams announced a plan to lift the city's public sector mask and vaccine mandates on March 7. While many believed that was the news the Nets and Irving were waiting for, he is still not eligible to play until he gets vaccinated. New York City has private sector mandates which remain in place and prevent Irving from suiting up for "work" inside Barclays Center.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...ate-situation/

Old 03-07-2022, 11:21 AM

Also from the link YOU POSTED: READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH

Beginning Monday, March 7th:

Key to NYC rules will be suspended. Indoor venues, including restaurants, fitness facilities, and entertainment spaces will no longer be required to check for proof of vaccination before customers enter. Businesses previously covered by Key to NYC rules will still have the flexibility to require proof of vaccination or masking indoors if they choose.
Masks will no longer be required on public school grounds for kindergarten to 12th grade students. While these public school children will be able to remove their masks, if they so choose, schools will continue to maintain strict COVID-19 protocols, including increased ventilation, a daily screener to ensure those with symptoms do not come to school, and test kit distribution. Masks will continue to be required for all settings with children under 5 years of age (where none of the population is yet eligible for the vaccine), including programs contracted by the New York City Department of Education with 3- and 4-year-old children as well as 3k and 4K classrooms in district schools.
Mayor Adams today also announced that all other COVID-19 mandates will remain in effect. Under the rules, employees will still be required to be vaccinated unless they have received a reasonable accommodation from their employer.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:43 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
With gas heading toward $5 and even $6 here on the east coast, the pressure for WFH will be even greater.
irrelevant in nyc

Old 03-07-2022, 11:45 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
irrelevant in nyc
Not irrelevant for the people that drive. Lots of people moaning about the price of gas now.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:46 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
On the one hand, the city says the vaccine is highly effective but even with most of the city already vaccinated, the city still doesn’t trust the vaccine enough to remove the mandates in the workplace.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:49 AM

5,804 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Not irrelevant for the people that drive. Lots of people moaning about the price of gas now.
Depends how much you drive. between $4-5 gallon prices, 20 gallon tank, its an extra $20. On a 4 cyl-6 cyl car its no biggie. If you got a pickup or a Tahoe, or any of those useless ballooned SUVS that are used to haul ballooned humans along with their ballooned egos, enjoy your 11.2 MPG mofos I say to them

Let me remind the Democratic NY, that stiff you voted for, killed the Keystone Pipeline his first week in, gas prices have been going up for a while.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:52 AM

2,602 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
can one go to a museum without a vaccination? Asking for all the kids in NYC. Or must they be Jabbed jabbed and some more jabbing.
NYC should be renamed JYC- "Jab Your Children"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City