Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 08:50 AM

5,466 posts, read 5,735,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I deposited a few hundred bucks into my TB the other day, no envelope, no slip nothing, just into the ATM it goes, it even counts it for you so you dont have to write in the amount. It was awesome.
It doesn't work that smooth for large amounts. ATMs have both withdrawal limits and deposit limits on cash.
Chase has one of the most "liberal" policies, and even they limit ATM deposits to 60 bills (so only $6K if all bills are $100). ATM withdrawals are usually pretty small in all banks, usually about $1K daily withdrawal limit. If you start dealing with larger non-trivial amounts you have to go to a teller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2022, 03:26 PM

32,018 posts, read 27,204,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
It doesn't work that smooth for large amounts. ATMs have both withdrawal limits and deposit limits on cash.
Chase has one of the most "liberal" policies, and even they limit ATM deposits to 60 bills (so only $6K if all bills are $100). ATM withdrawals are usually pretty small in all banks, usually about $1K daily withdrawal limit. If you start dealing with larger non-trivial amounts you have to go to a teller.
Some limits have to be put in place, otherwise eejits would do all sorts of things like scams and money laundering, counterfeit bills, etc.... Things like Jorge Aponte-Guzman Figaro Sanchez rolling up and depositing thousands from day's or week's take.

Withdrawal limits are in place for two main reasons. Machines can only hold but so much money, so you don't want one or two persons emptying things out. Also vice-versa; if someone is using a stolen or fraudulent card there is a limit to how much damage can be done to bank and or individual account holder.

Old 04-04-2022, 03:37 PM

5,466 posts, read 5,735,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Some limits have to be put in place, otherwise eejits would do all sorts of things like scams and money laundering, counterfeit bills, etc.... Things like Jorge Aponte-Guzman Figaro Sanchez rolling up and depositing thousands from day's or week's take.

Withdrawal limits are in place for two main reasons. Machines can only hold but so much money, so you don't want one or two persons emptying things out. Also vice-versa; if someone is using a stolen or fraudulent card there is a limit to how much damage can be done to bank and or individual account holder.
I understand why the limits are there. I was just explaining why tellers are needed as well.

Old 04-04-2022, 05:09 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,250,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Citibank is one of the worst banks around. I had a duplicate charge from them that it took WEEKS to resolve to get my money back. Had bought some Italian shirts from a boutique store on 57th St and was hit twice with the same charge. Well they would not give me my money back. I want to a few Citibank branches, called Customer Service numerous times and was given the runaround. Finally they gave me my money back and then some. Eventually closed my accounts with them and went elsewhere. The bank I use, you don't need to swipe your card to get into the ATM, nor out it in the card reader. You can use the contactless option to get in and to access your account, this way your card won't get stuck in the machine.
I'd be angry with Citi Bank but even angrier at the store for not correcting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City