Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2022, 04:16 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,437,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Wearing a mask constantly is unhealthy, for so many reasons.

Will I be banned for writing this?
It's been proven (on myself, at least) that not wearing a mask is unhealthy. I'm about 90% better today and finally able to go out and enjoy the nice weather after being stuck at home for the past five days recovering from this very very bad cold. Seriously, this was a whopper of a cold! Imagine if it was Covid. I probably would've been hospitalized or died. For most people, a cold is just little bitty sniffles, but for me, it's head congestion and migraine, constant runny nose where I'm blowing my nose every 5 seconds until my nose gets raw, and the on and off fever that goes with it. How crappy I felt the last 5 days and I NEVER EVER want to get sick like this again! I have a ZERO sickness policy and will wear a mask FOREVER!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2022, 05:14 PM

834 posts, read 790,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
It's been proven (on myself, at least) that not wearing a mask is unhealthy. I'm about 90% better today and finally able to go out and enjoy the nice weather after being stuck at home for the past five days recovering from this very very bad cold. Seriously, this was a whopper of a cold! Imagine if it was Covid. I probably would've been hospitalized or died. For most people, a cold is just little bitty sniffles, but for me, it's head congestion and migraine, constant runny nose where I'm blowing my nose every 5 seconds until my nose gets raw, and the on and off fever that goes with it. How crappy I felt the last 5 days and I NEVER EVER want to get sick like this again! I have a ZERO sickness policy and will wear a mask FOREVER!!!!
Let me know how your ZERO sickness policy works out. Good luck.

Old 06-06-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
It worked great for two years until I let my guard down during Memorial Day weekend.

Old 06-06-2022, 06:58 PM

35,315 posts, read 17,208,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
The COVID cultists have the Monkeypox to obsess over now. The CDC just raised its alert to level 2. That means that all the hypochondriacs who obsessed over COVID will now consider Monkeypox to be the new fad while COVID is so… well, so 2020!
How long till another iteration of Governor Cuomo's "New York Pause"?

Old 06-06-2022, 07:00 PM

35,315 posts, read 17,208,235 times
Quote:
It worked great for two years until I let my guard down during Memorial Day weekend.
Maybe, just maybe, you had way too little virus exposure and that's why the first one threw you for a loop. Think hard before undertaking your current planned course.

Old 06-07-2022, 04:55 AM

3,077 posts, read 5,512,241 times
Quote:
Exactly. This poster is bonkers.

Old 06-07-2022, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
I know many people personally who NEVER get sick from the cold or flu. Trust me, getting sick all the time is not good!

Old 06-07-2022, 05:49 AM

168 posts, read 42,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
This!!!

The mindset of the zombies - Oh no! If I get COVID I'll be hospitalized and possibly die!

Unless you have 4+ comorbidities, chances of "surviving" COVID are astronomical.

Do some research, geez.

Old 06-07-2022, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
This!!!

The mindset of the zombies - Oh no! If I get COVID I'll be hospitalized and possibly die!

Unless you have 4+ comorbidities, chances of "surviving" COVID are astronomical.

Do some research, geez.
Regardless, I was bedridden for 4 days with a bad cold. I’d prefer to enjoy the summer without getting bedridden again. Deadly or not, why would anyone want to get sick???

Old 06-07-2022, 06:13 AM

168 posts, read 42,311 times
Quote:
Regardless, I was bedridden for 4 days with a bad cold. I’d prefer to enjoy the summer without getting bedridden again. Deadly or not, why would anyone want to get sick???
Who wants to get sick? I don't even want to get a hangnail.

Equating not wearing a mask to wanting to get sick is bonkers.

Why not walk around in a bullet-proof vest just in case you get shot?

I'd rather suffer through a cold or two each year than mask up for the rest of my life. Masking up is not living.

I'm beginning to think this poster is a troll. If not, I feel sorry for this person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City