Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2022, 12:28 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
If only I can convince my parents that. They are still living like it’s 2020 and worse part about it is that I’m pressured to play along every time I’m with them. And that’s painful to do because now that I’ve tasted freedom and am living normally now, I don’t want to go back to living in paranoia again.
I have an aunt i despise who almost never leaves the house. And by house I mean my grandmothers house even though she has her own apartment.

In the summer of 2020 my grandmother fell and was in the hospital. I would go over to her house a couple of times a week to bring her stuff. My aunt was ALWAYS there. I'd wear a mask not that I so much cared if I had covid and gave it to my aunt , but I didn't want her to give it to my grandmother when she got out. She told me not to worried she doesn't have covid- no kidding you never leave !

Now here in 2022 when I go to visit my grandmother my aunt will run for a mask with the mild variant floating around, vaxxed and boosted 34 times etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2022, 04:47 PM

3,477 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Damn, woke up today with a sore throat. Hope I’m not coming down with something. I just got sick last June too. Very unusual for me to get sick twice during the summer. There definitely has to be more viruses than ever lingering around out there! I don’t really go out much for me to keep contracting sickness like this!

Old 08-15-2022, 05:11 PM

2,602 posts, read 1,205,579 times
I was in a Lakota Sweat Lodge with 30 people packed on top of each other and NO ONE was wearing a MASK — except for me....People passing the same water bottle around taking sips without their MASK on.... SCARY!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2022, 07:18 PM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Damn, woke up today with a sore throat. Hope I’m not coming down with something. I just got sick last June too. Very unusual for me to get sick twice during the summer. There definitely has to be more viruses than ever lingering around out there! I don’t really go out much for me to keep contracting sickness like this!
Do you get allergies?

Old 08-15-2022, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Do you get allergies?
Yes, quite a lot this year!

Old 08-15-2022, 08:35 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Do you get allergies?
Yes, quite a lot this year!
Could be dust. It's been dry.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Could be dust. It's been dry.
Doubtful. My throat feels really raw at the moment.

I'm at a loss of words right now. And now the question is, what can I do going forward to address this? Is going back to mask wearing really the best solution? Not sure if wearing masks forever is the best way for me to live my life....

Old 08-16-2022, 08:52 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
New York City is NOT obsessed with Covid. I think that the current scene is laissez faire, aka if you get it you get it...or you don't.

Old 08-17-2022, 08:39 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
Quote:
Doubtful. My throat feels really raw at the moment.

I'm at a loss of words right now. And now the question is, what can I do going forward to address this? Is going back to mask wearing really the best solution? Not sure if wearing masks forever is the best way for me to live my life....
have you gotten bloodwork recently and a physical to see if anything is amiss? maybe vitamin deficiency etc? Vitamin D deficiency is very common esp if you don't go out a lot and can cause you to get sick a lot.

A good multivitamin is a very important thing IMO...also try taking echinacea and extra vitamin C.

Old 08-17-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
have you gotten bloodwork recently and a physical to see if anything is amiss? maybe vitamin deficiency etc? Vitamin D deficiency is very common esp if you don't go out a lot and can cause you to get sick a lot.

A good multivitamin is a very important thing IMO...also try taking echinacea and extra vitamin C.

No, I haven't. I'm waiting for this pandemic to end before I go back for an annual physical. If we all wear masks, we can make it happen.

The interesting thing is that I had a sore throat for the past two days and it was a little worse yesterday. Today, I woke up with just a hint of a scratchy throat left as if it's strained and so far, no cold-like symptoms are appearing. So it almost seems like the sore throat is starting to go away on its own. That's unusual because sickness always follows a sore throat, based on past experiences. So maybe either this is just some real bad allergy or my immune system is fighting off real hard whatever bug that I caught over the weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City