Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2022, 09:17 AM

50,347 posts, read 47,099,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I never got the logic behind people getting quadruple vaccinated but fearing someone in the same room who is not. That means they don't believe their vaccines work, so two questions:
  • why.. if you don't believe your vaccine works, do you want others to take it?
  • why would you get quadruple boosted if they obviously don't work? If you took your dog to the vet to give him a rabies shot, but he got rabies the following week, wouldn't you complain to the vet?
Most logical answer. ^

If your mask and vaccine does work, why worry what others do. It's like a virtue signaling cult now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2022, 09:34 AM

35,105 posts, read 17,063,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Most logical answer. ^

If your mask and vaccine does work, why worry what others do. It's like a virtue signaling cult now.
I couldn't agree more, but could not rep you again.

Old 05-19-2022, 10:45 AM

822 posts, read 777,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
Reading comprehension. Read my last post. They are forced to wear masks or else they can’t work.

If Johnny jumped off a cliff, would you?
How can you equate wearing a mask with jumping off a cliff?

Old 05-19-2022, 10:51 AM

5,692 posts, read 2,620,990 times
Now they say Covid causes diabetes

More like people with poor health and eating habits had diabetes and now they have been going to doctors because of covid and its confirmed.

Old 05-19-2022, 11:25 AM

35,105 posts, read 17,063,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Now they say Covid causes diabetes

More like people with poor health and eating habits had diabetes and now they have been going to doctors because of covid and its confirmed.
I agree totally. Anything to keep the mantra of fear going.

Old 05-19-2022, 11:26 AM

168 posts, read 41,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaomb View Post
How can you equate wearing a mask with jumping off a cliff?
The person basically said, “Well their doing it, so why aren’t you doing it?” I guess your mother never used the old adage of, “If Johnny jumped off a cliff, would you?”

Wow!

Old 05-19-2022, 11:55 AM

822 posts, read 777,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
The person basically said, “Well their doing it, so why aren’t you doing it?” I guess your mother never used the old adage of, “If Johnny jumped off a cliff, would you?”

Wow!
I didn’t read through the whole thread just saw your comment.

People can do whatever they want but wearing a mask likely won’t kill you. Jumping off a cliff probably will.

Your other recent analogy was wearing a pineapple on your head. That won’t kill your either but is there any scientific evidence to helping prevent the spread of COVID with that?

Old 05-19-2022, 11:58 AM

2,448 posts, read 1,224,277 times
Covid is over, Monkey Pox is all the rage now.

Try and keep up.

Old 05-19-2022, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaomb View Post
I didn’t read through the whole thread just saw your comment.

People can do whatever they want but wearing a mask likely won’t kill you. Jumping off a cliff probably will.

Your other recent analogy was wearing a pineapple on your head. That won’t kill your either but is there any scientific evidence to helping prevent the spread of COVID with that?
There’s scientific evidence that masks do not help stop the spread of COVID. And neither does wearing a pineapple on your head. That’s the point!

The prior poster stated that I should mask up just because everyone else is doing it. I guess you really never heard of the old saying, “So if Johnny jumped off a cliff, would you?”

Wow!

Old 05-19-2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Covid is over, Monkey Pox is all the rage now.

Try and keep up.
Yep! The sheeple always need something to worry about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City