Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2022, 12:37 PM

822 posts, read 784,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
There’s scientific evidence that masks do not help stop the spread of COVID. And neither does wearing a pineapple on your head. That’s the point!

The prior poster stated that I should mask up just because everyone else is doing it. I guess you really never heard of the old saying, “So if Johnny jumped off a cliff, would you?”

Wow!
Except there is scientific evidence that it does help.

The far right will lead you to believe that it’s useless while the far left will tell you that it’s the only way to stop COVID. Don’t listen to either. Anyone who references politics for everything is completely brainwashed, that goes for a lot of posters in this forum.

Wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2022, 12:45 PM

168 posts, read 42,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaomb View Post

The far right will lead you to believe that it’s useless while the far left will tell you that it’s the only way to stop COVID. Don’t listen to either. Anyone who references politics for everything is completely brainwashed, that goes for a lot of posters in this forum.

Wow!
I’m not going to do your homework for you, but there have been two separate studies done that prove, conclusively, that masks basically do nothing.

Agreed. Anyone who references politics for everything is completely brainwashed, that goes for a lot of posters in this forum.

I didn’t mention politics. You did.

You just pwned yourself.

Old 05-19-2022, 12:51 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,046,773 times
Quote:

Wow!
If people wear proper masks (talking KN95/KF94 and of course N95, those other flimsy surgical type masks not so much) properly (meaning well fitting and not pulled down from the nose at any point), then it does help - have been to at least 30 concerts since things opened back up, with a KF94 not budging from my face despite that maybe 90% of the audience isn't wearing one at all, and have yet to catch anything despite being in packed halls - and several of these concerts have been superspreaders. It hasn't hindered my enjoyment at all. I will continue to wear masks in public spaces indoors (stopped wearing one outdoors a long time ago) until infection rates get back down to a level I'm comfortable with (what that is I am not sure but will feel it when it happens, and it's not now).

Old 05-19-2022, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I’m not going to do your homework for you, but there have been two separate studies done that prove, conclusively, that masks basically do nothing.

Agreed. Anyone who references politics for everything is completely brainwashed, that goes for a lot of posters in this forum.

I didn’t mention politics. You did.

You just pwned yourself.
PwNeD, yes I’m brainwashed

Wow!

PS: you just joined, which banned user are you?

Old 05-19-2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:

Wow!

I’m not a banned user.

You just pwned yourself again!

Last edited by NormalNewYorker; 05-19-2022 at 01:52 PM..

Old 05-19-2022, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
If people wear proper masks (talking KN95/KF94 and of course N95, those other flimsy surgical type masks not so much) properly (meaning well fitting and not pulled down from the nose at any point), then it does help - have been to at least 30 concerts since things opened back up, with a KF94 not budging from my face despite that maybe 90% of the audience isn't wearing one at all, and have yet to catch anything despite being in packed halls - and several of these concerts have been superspreaders. It hasn't hindered my enjoyment at all. I will continue to wear masks in public spaces indoors (stopped wearing one outdoors a long time ago) until infection rates get back down to a level I'm comfortable with (what that is I am not sure but will feel it when it happens, and it's not now).
N95. NBC. CBS. WKRP in Cincinnati. Who’s even keeping track of this nonsense. I sure ain’t.

Wear as many masks as you like. I won’t wear anything.

You do you, and I’ll do me.

Old 05-19-2022, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I’m not a banner user.

You just pwned yourself again!
Go back to playing World of Warcraft.

WoW!

Old 05-19-2022, 01:48 PM

5,761 posts, read 2,666,329 times
Quote:

Wow!

I wish banned users would give us clues who they used to be.

Old 05-19-2022, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Go back to playing World of Warcraft.

WoW!
I’m 56 years old and retiring imminently to move to Florida.

For the hat trick. You pwned yourself again!

Old 05-19-2022, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I’m 56 years old and retiring imminently to move to Florida.

For the hat trick. You pwned yourself again!
Glad you are leaving.

Who uses “Pwned” except for dorks on the Internet who usually play video games?

WoW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City