Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2022, 08:00 PM

2,667 posts, read 1,260,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Even when you're asleep?
OF COURSE!

In fact, I actually wear TWO MASKS when I sleep at night.

You never know if a burglar might break in at night who is unvaccinated and goes around the city without wearing a MASK!

I don't want to get infected by some random burglar, that could be really dangerous, especially if he has a CELL PHONE CAMERA!

That would be a stupid burglar, because he should be wearing a MASK when robbing apartments...

But based on the voting habits of NYC RESIDENTS, there are a lot of stupid people HERE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 11:14 AM

6,698 posts, read 6,075,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Mod cut.

God gave us the vaccines at record speed. These vaccines are a gift from God and people are refusing them. And then we wonder why the pandemic is still here...
The universe also gave us cockroaches, mice, viruses and cancer. Doesn't mean we want them.

Old 05-26-2022, 04:29 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,437,528 times
One very funny thing I notice about some people is that they will walk around and always have their mask on their chin, both indoors and outdoors. I have a couple of neighbors and every time I see them, their mask is always on their chin. And I'm not talking about those that pull it down on their chin when they are outdoors and taking a break from their mask. I'm talking about ALWAYS being on their chin! Doesn't make sense. If you don't want to wear a mask, why even wear one at all, let alone on your chin?

Old 05-26-2022, 04:54 PM

35,309 posts, read 17,208,235 times
Quote:
One very funny thing I notice about some people is that they will walk around and always have their mask on their chin, both indoors and outdoors. I have a couple of neighbors and every time I see them, their mask is always on their chin. And I'm not talking about those that pull it down on their chin when they are outdoors and taking a break from their mask. I'm talking about ALWAYS being on their chin! Doesn't make sense. If you don't want to wear a mask, why even wear one at all, let alone on your chin?
Virtue signalling.

Old 05-26-2022, 05:20 PM

11,326 posts, read 18,954,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
We are traveling through Europe. Life is back to normal. The only people we see wearing masks are Americans and a few asians (who wore masks pre-covid). It is so liberating and refreshing to enjoy "normal" life again.

Some countries arent even checking vaccination status or requesting testing for entry.

We actually discussed moving here. (Not just because of COVID). The quality of life is so much better

Which is interesting because "once upon a time" not too long ago it was Europe all in on masks and checking vax status and looking down on us for "not doing enough".

Old 05-26-2022, 08:06 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,613,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Which is interesting because "once upon a time" not too long ago it was Europe all in on masks and checking vax status and looking down on us for "not doing enough".
It’s because in Europe, masks and vaccination checks never had the political undertones that you see here in the US. Masks and vax cards were viewed more as tools to mitigate a temporary situation, rather than a gauge of how liberal or conservative an individual is, as is the case here.

Old 05-26-2022, 08:29 PM

6,698 posts, read 6,075,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
It’s because in Europe, masks and vaccination checks never had the political undertones that you see here in the US. Masks and vax cards were viewed more as tools to mitigate a temporary situation, rather than a gauge of how liberal or conservative an individual is, as is the case here.
#Facts!

Old 05-30-2022, 03:58 PM

It does seem like Covid cases have plateaued and decreased here in NYC. This “wave” wasn’t all that bad, I have to say. I think the media might’ve overhyped this one a tad. I do feel tht we have reached an endemic stage now as seems like new variants are now just causing a very minor uptick and nothing severe like it did in the past. So really good news! Though I’m really surprised that many people are still acting like they are still so scared of the virus. I think we can officially start gradually going back to normal now and letting go of the fear!

Old 05-30-2022, 04:38 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,249,652 times
Quote:
It does seem like Covid cases have plateaued and decreased here in NYC. This “wave” wasn’t all that bad, I have to say. I think the media might’ve overhyped this one a tad. I do feel tht we have reached an endemic stage now as seems like new variants are now just causing a very minor uptick and nothing severe like it did in the past. So really good news! Though I’m really surprised that many people are still acting like they are still so scared of the virus. I think we can officially start gradually going back to normal now and letting go of the fear!
A tad?

We should be looking at hospitalizations not case numbers.
All variants aren't the same and it's extremely likely that was time goes on newer variants will be less dangerous and more contagious. A May 2022 case isn't remotely equal to a May 2020 covid case.

Old 05-30-2022, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
A tad?

We should be looking at hospitalizations not case numbers.
All variants aren't the same and it's extremely likely that was time goes on newer variants will be less dangerous and more contagious. A May 2022 case isn't remotely equal to a May 2020 covid case.
The ironic thing is that although this subvariant is more contagious, it’s not spreading nearly as rapidly as the original Omicron variant. One can say that it’s due to herd immunity but the media says that a lot of people are still getting reinfected, which signifies that herd immunity is impossible to achieve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City