Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2022, 08:41 AM

3,504 posts, read 1,416,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
That is my typical cold progression as well. When I am at the "scratchy throat" stage I gargle with salt water, and then in the "head congestion/runny nose" stage I switch to Nyquil/Dayquil. This last cold I switched more to cough syrup as those symptoms freaked people out at work.
I think one good thing that has come about all of this is, like what people said, my immune system needs the recharge. I haven't gotten sick in over two years and I guess it's good that my immune system gets used to fighting off infection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 09:21 PM

5,692 posts, read 2,618,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I ALWAYS got very sick from colds; so sick that I wish I could call out sick from work just so I can rest it off. But I don't because calling out sick from an "itty bitty cold" does not fly at my job. So I drag myself to work and the cold ends up dragging on for days upon days because I don't get the rest my body needs.

People long for normalcy to come back, but I don't want normalcy. It sucks because I remember those days when I always got sick. I hated it then and I hate it even more now. I might wear a mask for the rest of my life....
So you have issues with people not wearing masks but pre pandemic you would go to work sick and spread it around to everyone else.

Old 06-03-2022, 05:54 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,302,271 times
Having vacationed in Europe for the past few weeks, it is even more apparent how dysfunctional America is. We are obsessed with trauma and drama. The only ones that I see obsessing about masks were Americans. No masks were being worn. No one was asking about vaccines. Everyone was out and about enjoying their lives. Bars, restaurants, vacation spots, trains, planes airport were jam packed.

We took the COVID test to return home. We were wondering if we caught COVID due to the share number of people that we were in close proximity to (thousands!) Nope. We were COVID free. PS COVID testing is also a huge money making scam in the US. To take a test to travel overseas is $200 if your insurance doesn't cover it. In Europe the test ranged from $10 to $30.

Let me not get started on how much cheaper medication and quality food is.

Also not constantly hearing and reading about violence and murder in the news was refereshing!

Old 06-03-2022, 06:47 AM

3,504 posts, read 1,416,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
So you have issues with people not wearing masks but pre pandemic you would go to work sick and spread it around to everyone else.
Yes, I never said our behavior during the pre-pandemic days was the right thing. In fact, our sloppy behavior back then was the reason we let viruses like this spread like wildfire.

Anyways, whatever sickness I have right now has really hit me good. I have a 100 degree fever at the moment. Once I recover from this, I will wear a mask FOREVER! The discomfort from wearing a mask is nothing compared to how crappy I feel at the moment!

Old 06-04-2022, 06:21 PM

2,627 posts, read 1,227,220 times
Quote:
Yes, I never said our behavior during the pre-pandemic days was the right thing. In fact, our sloppy behavior back then was the reason we let viruses like this spread like wildfire.

Anyways, whatever sickness I have right now has really hit me good. I have a 100 degree fever at the moment. Once I recover from this, I will wear a mask FOREVER! The discomfort from wearing a mask is nothing compared to how crappy I feel at the moment!
Get well soon!

Old 06-04-2022, 10:17 PM

35,105 posts, read 17,051,842 times
I was one of the few unmasked at synagogue (Shavouth) tonight. The Covid fetish is still definitely going strong in this area.

Old 06-06-2022, 11:48 AM

828 posts, read 773,991 times
Quote:

...Once I recover from this, I will wear a mask FOREVER!...

Wearing a mask constantly is unhealthy, for so many reasons.

Will I be banned for writing this?

Old 06-06-2022, 12:05 PM

35,105 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Wearing a mask constantly is unhealthy, for so many reasons.
It's politically healthy and makes you feel virtuous.

Old 06-06-2022, 01:10 PM

828 posts, read 773,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
It's politically healthy and makes you feel virtuous.
Hopefully future masks will be soundproof.

Old 06-06-2022, 03:16 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,041,803 times
The COVID cultists have the Monkeypox to obsess over now. The CDC just raised its alert to level 2. That means that all the hypochondriacs who obsessed over COVID will now consider Monkeypox to be the new fad while COVID is so… well, so 2020!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City