Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2022, 08:33 AM

2,667 posts, read 1,260,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
You're wasting your time. This person is either a troll and playing with you (and everyone else) or they are beyond help from any of us.
A TROLL posting on City-Data forums?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2022, 02:20 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,437,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
I would put that number at about 10% and dropping fast. People are too embarrassed to admit that they wore filthy, bacteria-ridden, paper/cloth face coverings for 2+ years that never worked in the first place.

But enjoy wearing your mask FOREVER.
Each person's immune system works differently. If you guys can go about maskless and not get sick, then more power to you. I know many people personally that never get sick even if you cough on their face. They have a rock solid immune system. I don't, unfortunately. If I'm not careful, I can literally get sick again and again and again within a short time frame.. Don't forget, what I recently got was a just a cold. There's also the flu and Covid roaming around. So what I got may give me some immunity to the cold virus (if any), but I still have zero immunity to the flu and Covid. And I don't want to get sick two more times during this summer.

Old 06-07-2022, 02:44 PM

35,309 posts, read 17,208,235 times
If you lived near me and I know who you were I would have helped. I'll edit out the comment. Can you do likewise?

Old 06-08-2022, 05:53 AM

168 posts, read 42,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Each person's immune system works differently. If you guys can go about maskless and not get sick, then more power to you. I know many people personally that never get sick even if you cough on their face. They have a rock solid immune system. I don't, unfortunately. If I'm not careful, I can literally get sick again and again and again within a short time frame.. Don't forget, what I recently got was a just a cold. There's also the flu and Covid roaming around. So what I got may give me some immunity to the cold virus (if any), but I still have zero immunity to the flu and Covid. And I don't want to get sick two more times during this summer.
If you're that fragile, you should be living in a plastic bubble. Geez. Otherwise, enjoy your life for Pete's sake.

This one'll be wearing a mask into the grave.

Wow!

Old 06-08-2022, 06:55 AM

2,988 posts, read 1,176,931 times
Yeah wise demand everyone wears a mask with him for him to feel safe!! Lol

Old 06-08-2022, 08:39 AM

No one else has to wear a mask. I’m in agreement where you can do you and I can do me. Like I said, everyone’s immune system works differently. So everyone can choose what is right for themselves.

Anyways, I finally got my PCR test results. Took two days to get the results, lol. But this one turned out negative as well, so it definitely wasn’t Covid for sure.

Old 06-08-2022, 08:42 AM

168 posts, read 42,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
No one else has to wear a mask. I’m in agreement where you can do you and I can do me.

Anyways, I finally got my PCR test results. Took two days to get the results, lol. But this one turned out negative as well, so it definitely wasn’t Covid for sure.
I don't understand the point of testing. If you feel that bad, go to the hospital. If you don't feel that bad, don't go to a hospital.

Testing for the point of testing makes no sense. Same as wearing a mask that does nothing whatsoever except to virtue-signal.

New Yorkers are, literally, the most robotic people on the planet. Truly fascinating.

Old 06-08-2022, 08:44 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,010,097 times
Wife has it this week. And I felt like maybe I have it, but I wasn’t sure and went to work anyhow. No biggie.

Old 06-08-2022, 09:33 AM

834 posts, read 790,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
I don't understand the point of testing. If you feel that bad, go to the hospital. If you don't feel that bad, don't go to a hospital.

Testing for the point of testing makes no sense. Same as wearing a mask that does nothing whatsoever except to virtue-signal.

New Yorkers are, literally, the most robotic people on the planet. Truly fascinating.
Testing is pushed because there are about 100 million+ tests out there that need to be sold (and probably 100 million more in the works). Same with the vaccines. By the way, honest question, I thought the vaccines needed to be stored at -250 degree F to preserve them. Did this quietly go away?

Old 06-08-2022, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post

I want to make sure that what I have isn’t Covid so I know if I need to quarantine at home and not spread my disease to other people. Ideally, everyone should make it a practice to get tested a couple of times per month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City