Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2022, 05:26 PM

168 posts, read 42,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
But cdc says wear a mask and social distance and have a vaccination today to help prevent Covid spread. Most elevators you can’t social distance so please don’t get on the elevator I’m occupying even if we are both masked. Please have courtesy.

What is someone asks for your vaccination card to get on the elevator ? Where does one draw the line ?
This!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2022, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
So if they start sneezing and coughing while you're on there already, then what
I’d deal with it or press the button to get off at the next floor.

You’re trying to compare someone who is purposefully coughing/sneezing in my face, which is an assault, to someone who doesn’t want to wear a mask and isn’t purposefully assaulting anyone.

I know that you believe it’s an assault, since “the experts” tell you the masks stop COVID (they don’t). How often have you had someone sneezing in your face in an elevator compared to someone not wearing a mask in an elevator? Almost never compared to quite often.

Again. Your hypothetical falls flat.

I’m never going to wear a mask. If I’m ever in an elevator with you, I won’t have a mask on so you’re going to have to exit the elevator or suck it up and ride with me. Wait! You could call the police and maybe they’ll charge me with riding maskless in an elevator.

I should mask up so you can feel comfortable? I think not. The sense of entitlement is astounding.

Old 06-12-2022, 06:37 PM

Quote:
You're just being difficult for Internet's sake

I'm not saying the person is walking up to you and purposely sneezing on you, I'm just saying what if they're in an elevator standing next to you and they simply don't bother to cover their mouth cause they simply just don't feel like it.

Is it their right to do so, or should they have some manners out of respect for you? You saying that you'll just deal with it shows me that you don't have much respect for yourself, forget about others.
What did you do before 2020 when all these people were sneezing and coughing all over you in an elevator?

Exactly. You kept your mouth shut and didn’t say a word. Since 2020, these experts have provided you with power, power that you don’t actually possess.

This could be the most-ridiculous argument I’ve ever heard. And insulting me by saying I have no respect for myself or others just displays the low level you are stooping to. The typical way the mask police act when they don’t get what they want - personal attacks.

I’ve never personally attacked anyone on here. I keep saying, and I’ll say it yet again, wear your masks for the rest of your life. I don’t care. I think it’s completely ridiculous but everyone has the right to do what they think is right for themselves. I will not be wearing a mask.

Just leave me alone and wear your mask and I’ll not be wearing a mask. It can’t get any simpler. If you feel uncomfortable with a person near you that is maskless, extricate yourself from the situation. Maskless people have no obligation to make you feel better and put on a mask for you. It ain’t happening and it never will happen.

Old 06-12-2022, 06:39 PM

35,316 posts, read 17,217,680 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
Common courtesy? You mean I should wear a mask so that others can feel safe? Bizarre.

I guess I should open my umbrella over my body so that you don’t get wet across the street when it rains.

Again, if they want to wear a mask then they should. I don’t want to. They should mind their own business. If they feel uncomfortable around me while I’m maskless, then they should do whatever it is they have to do to feel better about it (cross the street, don’t get in the elevator with me, etc.). I’m not going to restructure my life due to their feelings. Sorry. That’s just the way life works my friend.
Thats the way society is supposed to work

We are supposed to be mindful of others
If someone feels unsafe it is their option to wear a snug-fitting N-95 or similar mask. Unless someone has Covid and knows it there is no reason they should have to constrict their lifestyles, become less audible and have their facial expressions hidden.

Old 06-12-2022, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
If someone feels unsafe it is their option to wear a snug-fitting N-95 or similar mask. Unless someone has Covid and knows it there is no reason they should have to constrict their lifestyles, become less audible and have their facial expressions hidden.
This!!!

Old 06-13-2022, 07:25 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,439,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
4+ years of mask-wearing. Wow. Like wow.

Good luck to you.
Dude, I hate this pandemic more than you can ever imagine. But unfortunately, I don't have the power to wish this whole thing away. And I'm certainly not going to pretend this virus is gone, because it's not. Believe me, this whole thing sucks and I've been very angry since day 1 that we let this virus get out of control. It didn't have to be this way. In fact, this virus could've stayed in China, yet somehow, we let it spread all around the world. So ridiculous!

If we manage to get this virus down to an endemic stage, I think the human race better rethink and make sure something like this never happens again. Because what happened these past two years was absolutely despicable and has sadly put a lot of emotional permanent scars on people.

Old 06-13-2022, 07:44 PM

6,699 posts, read 6,078,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Dude, I hate this pandemic more than you can ever imagine. But unfortunately, I don't have the power to wish this whole thing away. And I'm certainly not going to pretend this virus is gone, because it's not. Believe me, this whole thing sucks and I've been very angry since day 1 that we let this virus get out of control. It didn't have to be this way. In fact, this virus could've stayed in China, yet somehow, we let it spread all around the world. So ridiculous!

If we manage to get this virus down to an endemic stage, I think the human race better rethink and make sure something like this never happens again. Because what happened these past two years was absolutely despicable and has sadly put a lot of emotional permanent scars on people.
COVID doesn’t kill people unless they have metabolic disease which is basically gotten through lifestyle choices. The people who die from it are usually those with high blood glucose or on some steroid. This isn’t Ebola - it’s basically a common cold if one is healthy.

If you’re really that concerned about getting sick from COVID, make changes yourself instead of asking or wanting for others to change: get your sunlight or vitamin D3, stop eating refined grains and processed foods, and get your exercise by either joining a gym or doing cardio and strength training. Fasting is excellent for the immune system. No food for 72 hours will reboot the entire immune system. Plus you will see very positive changes in your body.

Old 06-13-2022, 08:24 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,439,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
COVID doesn’t kill people unless they have metabolic disease which is basically gotten through lifestyle choices. The people who die from it are usually those with high blood glucose or on some steroid. This isn’t Ebola - it’s basically a common cold if one is healthy.

If you’re really that concerned about getting sick from COVID, make changes yourself instead of asking or wanting for others to change: get your sunlight or vitamin D3, stop eating refined grains and processed foods, and get your exercise by either joining a gym or doing cardio and strength training. Fasting is excellent for the immune system. No food for 72 hours will reboot the entire immune system. Plus you will see very positive changes in your body.
I do admit, I have been eating a lot of processed food lately and that could have been one big contributing factor to why I recently got sick. It's kind of hard to cut out processed food entirely, especially for lunch when you just want a small quick bite. Take out food.... processed! Deli sandwich....processed! Pasta...processed! Not many options other than maybe a salad, which doesn't fill me up and I end up starving within a couple of hours.

Old 06-14-2022, 08:06 AM

2,669 posts, read 1,262,968 times
Quote:
I do admit, I have been eating a lot of processed food lately and that could have been one big contributing factor to why I recently got sick. It's kind of hard to cut out processed food entirely, especially for lunch when you just want a small quick bite. Take out food.... processed! Deli sandwich....processed! Pasta...processed! Not many options other than maybe a salad, which doesn't fill me up and I end up starving within a couple of hours.
I wear a MASK or TWO whenever I eat processed food!

Old 06-14-2022, 08:23 AM

6,699 posts, read 6,078,519 times
Quote:
Yes, I admit it's very difficult. But that's why people have to go shopping and make their own meals. I like to go to Whole Foods and buy grass finished meats and cheeses, nuts and organic vegetables. Then cook it all on Sundays to have meals for the entire week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City