Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2022, 12:14 PM

204 posts, read 138,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Why worry about COVID when heart disease is still the number one cause of death in America?

If the media emphasized every person who was admitted to the hospital for heart disease, the dummies who are paranoid about COVID would immediately stop consuming anything made with white flour, processed foods, fruit juices, omega 9 vegetable oils and all GMOs. But why isn’t this happening? Because the dummies only listen to the media and the media controls their fear, logic and overall sense of being!
Yeah. Like the Bible says, people are like sheep without a shepherd.

And like Lewis and Shepherd discussed in "The American President," people are desperate for someone to lead them and tell them what to do.

If the media are all that's speaking, some people are gonna listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 01:21 PM

834 posts, read 790,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Now that my cold is 99% gone (these last few percentages drag on for days), I'm still wondering if I should try again without a mask. Not sure what I'm thinking and why I am even thinking about trying again, but I am thinking about it. And I'm also wondering how I even got sick in the first place. I really didn't think walking by people in a store would be enough exposure to catch a virus. The only thing I can think of was when I got my haircut. I decided to go to the barber that weekend without a mask, and my barber also stopped wearing a mask for quite some time. So 15 minutes of sitting down in close proximity with him without either of us wearing a mask could've been enough time to catch something. Though my barber didn't sound sick at all, but possible he was asymptomatic. But that's the only thing I can think of that I did over Memorial Day weekend that could have triggered the sickness. Everything else I did without a mask was just quick 2 seconds of passing by people in stores. So really strange!
Were you close to any monkeys?

Old 06-15-2022, 01:37 PM

168 posts, read 42,311 times
Quote:
Now that my cold is 99% gone (these last few percentages drag on for days), I'm still wondering if I should try again without a mask. Not sure what I'm thinking and why I am even thinking about trying again, but I am thinking about it. And I'm also wondering how I even got sick in the first place. I really didn't think walking by people in a store would be enough exposure to catch a virus. The only thing I can think of was when I got my haircut. I decided to go to the barber that weekend without a mask, and my barber also stopped wearing a mask for quite some time. So 15 minutes of sitting down in close proximity with him without either of us wearing a mask could've been enough time to catch something. Though my barber didn't sound sick at all, but possible he was asymptomatic. But that's the only thing I can think of that I did over Memorial Day weekend that could have triggered the sickness. Everything else I did without a mask was just quick 2 seconds of passing by people in stores. So really strange!
This has to be a troll. I cannot believe TheWiseShopper is not playing around.

If this person is serious, I apologize and advise him to stop drinking the Kool Aid and seek professional help.

Imagine going through life fearing getting a haircut from the barber.

I can’t. I just can’t. This has to be a troll!

Old 06-15-2022, 02:00 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,437,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormalNewYorker View Post
This has to be a troll. I cannot believe TheWiseShopper is not playing around.

If this person is serious, I apologize and advise him to stop drinking the Kool Aid and seek professional help.

Imagine going through life fearing getting a haircut from the barber.

I can’t. I just can’t. This has to be a troll!
Wow, just wow. So much for trying to have a constructive discussion with you.

Never mind. I’m done trying to reason with you if you’re going to continue to act like a 5 year old child.

And as an FYI, calling posters a troll is actually against forum rules, if you even bothered to read the rules…

Old 06-15-2022, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Wow, just wow. So much for trying to have a constructive discussion with you.

Never mind. I’m done trying to reason with you if you’re going to continue to act like a 5 year old child.

And as an FYI, calling posters a troll is actually against forum rules, if you even bothered to read the rules…
I’m not buying what you’re selling. This has to be a put-on. No way!

Old 06-15-2022, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I’m not buying what you’re selling. This has to be a put-on. No way!
What's wrong with not wanting to get sick? Some of us can't keep calling out sick all the time at work.

You said you were sick for two weeks with Covid. I cannot, absolutely cannot, be out sick for two weeks at work! Pre-Covid, I used to call out sick for a whole week whenever I caught the flu and my boss was never happy about it.

Last edited by TheWiseShopper; 06-15-2022 at 02:44 PM..

Old 06-15-2022, 05:01 PM

Quote:
What's wrong with not wanting to get sick? Some of us can't keep calling out sick all the time at work.

You said you were sick for two weeks with Covid. I cannot, absolutely cannot, be out sick for two weeks at work! Pre-Covid, I used to call out sick for a whole week whenever I caught the flu and my boss was never happy about it.
Were you this worried prior to 2020? Did you take as many precautions prior to 2020?

Exactly.

Live your life and stop worrying about whether or not you wore a mask to a barbershop. This is bordering on obsession. Or don’t stop worrying. I don’t care. Do whatever you want. I’m always going to think it’s ridiculous but you do you.

Old 06-15-2022, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Were you this worried prior to 2020? Did you take as many precautions prior to 2020?

Exactly.

Live your life and stop worrying about whether or not you wore a mask to a barbershop. This is bordering on obsession. Or don’t stop worrying. I don’t care. Do whatever you want. I’m always going to think it’s ridiculous but you do you.
As I just mentioned, pre-Covid, I would be out of work for a week just from the flu. Covid is WORSE than the flu. Yes, not as deadly as it was when this pandemic started, but although fewer people are getting hospitalized and dying from it, people are still getting VERY sick from it; more sick than the flu. And not to mention that Covid is more transmissible than the cold and flu; and getting even more transmissible with each new variant.

And yes, I do me and you do you. I don't care if you think it's ridiculous. You're not the one that's going to cover me while I'm out from work, pay for any medication I may have to take when I get sick, or pay my medical bills if I have to see a doctor. In fact, I don't think you even care about me at all. So your opinion of me doesn't matter one bit to me.

Last edited by TheWiseShopper; 06-15-2022 at 06:51 PM..

Old 06-15-2022, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Apple View Post
Yeah. Like the Bible says, people are like sheep without a shepherd.

And like Lewis and Shepherd discussed in "The American President," people are desperate for someone to lead them and tell them what to do.

If the media are all that's speaking, some people are gonna listen.

I don't have to listen to the media. I have many friends, family members and co-workers who caught the virus and all of them can attest that their sickness was not a fun experience. In fact, my cousin and his wife actually landed in the hospital when they caught it and they were vaccinated and don't have any underlying conditions.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:34 PM

Quote:
I don't have to listen to the media. I have many friends, family members and co-workers who caught the virus and all of them can attest that their sickness was not a fun experience. In fact, my cousin and his wife actually landed in the hospital when they caught it and they were vaccinated and don't have any underlying conditions.
Oh. I forgot. Flu is fun.

Flu is way more deadly than this plandemic. The numbers you cite are blown way, way, way out of proportion. They’ve been counting those that died with COVID as people who died from COVID. True stats show that flu is way more deadlier.

Why would I care about you? I don’t know you.

You just keep wearing your mask and contact-trace yourself back to the barber shop. Sounds like a fun way to live.

I’ll be living my life while you are masking up for the rest of your life and avoiding the barber and all other human interaction.

I honestly don’t know if you are having a good time with everyone on this board or if you’re serious. If you’re serious, I feel bad for you. You’re not living your life.

In either case, I see no reason to interact with you anymore.

Have a nice mask-filled, contact-tracing, loony life buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City