Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2022, 04:10 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,440,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Everyone who says that is ALWAYS a Democrat.
Ok, fair enough. I support face masks. I also support the Supreme Courts decision about overturning RvW. And I don't support booster shots because that crap doesn't work! Guess I'm still a Democrat nonetheless...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2022, 04:28 PM

Quote:
I know tons of people who never wore a mask. Never had covid. I also know numerous with booster shots who caught covid, 2 ladies caught covid twice!!
I will admit, as much as I have advocated for face masks, I've stopped wearing it recently because at this point, they are useless. But not useless in the same sense as what you guys have been saying, but useless because no one is wearing them anymore. There has been a lot of flip flopping about masks these past two years, but one thing that has never changed was the fact that face masks protect OTHERS moreso than protect yourself. With a high quality KN95 or KF94 mask, you can increase the protection to yourself, but still, it's not the greatest. Ideally it should be the infected person wearing one to prevent him/her from spreading the disease to other people. Hence why we had mandates. So to sum up, my mask protects you and your mask protects me. That's what it has been all about.

So where does that leave me if no one else is wearing a mask? I'm protecting others (who evidently don't want my protection) and no one is protecting me?? Doesn't make sense. So at this point, I'm not going to suffer wearing a mask during the scorching summer if others aren't doing it. I give up. The anti-maskers win!

Old 06-26-2022, 04:43 PM

2,669 posts, read 1,264,600 times

This is my FAVORITE mask!

Old 06-26-2022, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post

This is my FAVORITE mask!

That's a cloth mask! No good!

Old 06-26-2022, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
That's a cloth mask! No good!
No worry!

I wear that OVER my KN95 which I wear OVER my N95 which I wear OVER my KF94.

4 MASKS ... and that's before I even walk out the door!

Old 06-26-2022, 11:42 PM

795 posts, read 499,978 times
Just spent 4 days in Tampa, FL. It's as if covid doesn't exist. Not one mask. Not one! It's bad enough covid wrecked New York while it was really a thing, but for the city to be entirely indoctrinated with this mask/vaccine garbage in the Summer of 2022 is truly sad.

NYC liberals are utter, utter morons.

Old 06-26-2022, 11:57 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,309,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
Just spent 4 days in Tampa, FL. It's as if covid doesn't exist. Not one mask. Not one! It's bad enough covid wrecked New York while it was really a thing, but for the city to be entirely indoctrinated with this mask/vaccine garbage in the Summer of 2022 is truly sad.

NYC liberals are utter, utter morons.

In the height of COVID I went to Georgia. Over 70% of the people I encountered did not wear a mask. They actually looked at me weird. We roaming around Europe for 3 weeks in June. COVID didn't exist! It wasn't being spoken about. Restaurants, bars, airports, EVERY WHERE was packed as hell. On the flight over as soon as we departed NYC everyone removed their mask. They only paranoid people I saw were young Americans. It was such a breath of fresh air.

No news about mass shootings. No angry commentators on the TV. Just people living their life and being kind. It was amazing!

Old 06-27-2022, 12:12 AM

Quote:
No news about mass shootings. No angry commentators on the TV. Just people living their life and being kind.
That sounds AWFUL!

What kind of horrid places don't drown people's senses with violent news and angry pundits shouting at the top of their lungs 24/7?

What kind of frightening places exist where people just LIVE their life and be KIND to each other?

That's NO PLACE for me! I love NYC because it is the greatest city in the world and has NONE of that stuff!

Old 06-27-2022, 12:16 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,309,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
That sounds AWFUL!

What kind of horrid places don't drown people's senses with violent news and angry pundits shouting at the top of their lungs 24/7?

What kind of frightening places exist where people just LIVE their life and be KIND to each other?

That's NO PLACE for me! I love NYC because it is the greatest city in the world and has NONE of that stuff!

I like your style lol. For a moment, A VERY LONG MOMENT, I thought about packing up and leaving to this magical place. It was glorious. And the food!!! Oh it was so fresh and delish!

Old 06-27-2022, 12:14 PM

35,319 posts, read 17,223,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Outside of some lunatics in NYC , people in the US don't cares about covid anymore.
San Fransisco as well. In the suburbs to the north of San Fran there was a much more relaxed attitude. In San Fran and San Mateo County they were, as of April 7, 2022 much into masking. I can't say whether it has changed much since but I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I will admit, as much as I have advocated for face masks, I've stopped wearing it recently because at this point, they are useless. But not useless in the same sense as what you guys have been saying, but useless because no one is wearing them anymore. There has been a lot of flip flopping about masks these past two years, but one thing that has never changed was the fact that face masks protect OTHERS moreso than protect yourself. With a high quality KN95 or KF94 mask, you can increase the protection to yourself, but still, it's not the greatest. Ideally it should be the infected person wearing one to prevent him/her from spreading the disease to other people. Hence why we had mandates. So to sum up, my mask protects you and your mask protects me. That's what it has been all about.

So where does that leave me if no one else is wearing a mask? I'm protecting others (who evidently don't want my protection) and no one is protecting me?? Doesn't make sense. So at this point, I'm not going to suffer wearing a mask during the scorching summer if others aren't doing it. I give up. The anti-maskers win!
Well, surgical masks do work on a one-way basis. I don't believe that the blue paper masks served much purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City