Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2022, 09:26 AM

35,105 posts, read 17,051,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
It is a money grab. Pfizer is getting close to the TRILLION dollar mark in covid vaccine sales.

I am done with all vaccines sold by private companies. Moderna #3 gave me a case of crippling GBS.
If I got #4 I would fear for my life.

So soon it will be POLIO and MONKEY POX with Pfizer looking for more BILLIONS
And where would many of us be if not for smallpox, polio, diphtheria or tetanus vaccines? We need the pharmaceutical companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 09:53 AM

3,504 posts, read 1,415,131 times
Quote:
It is a money grab. Pfizer is getting close to the TRILLION dollar mark in covid vaccine sales.

I am done with all vaccines sold by private companies. Moderna #3 gave me a case of crippling GBS.

So we'll need Polio, Monkeypox and Covid mRNA vaccines and boosters for EACH of them every few months, with mandates for all of them!

Old 07-01-2022, 10:24 AM

2,627 posts, read 1,227,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
So we'll need Polio, Monkeypox and Covid mRNA vaccines and boosters for EACH of them every few months, with mandates for all of them!
Now you're getting it!

Old 07-01-2022, 10:36 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
Quote:

I'm with you on this!!

I had J&J then Pfizer booster, then another Pfizer booster,

I'm done, I feel I have enough, at which point does it ever stop.

Old 07-01-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Now you're getting it!
If Covid doesn't kill us, the vaccines will. All those shots after shots... my oh my!

Old 07-01-2022, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I'm done, I feel I have enough, at which point does it ever stop.
That's the thing. After I got my two shots last year, I expected to need annual shots like the flu shot. So if that was the case, then I would've been ok with that. But within a year of the vaccines being available, what are we, like on our 5th booster??!! And it's the same vaccine too, not upgraded ones like they do with the flu shot annually. Ridiculous! Something just doesn't seem right to me...

Old 07-01-2022, 04:43 PM

65 posts, read 56,420 times
Quote:

I got GBS in 2020 (not COVID or vaccine related) so if you need someone to talk to, I'm up for it.

Best of luck!

Old 07-03-2022, 05:52 AM

3,351 posts, read 1,240,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
And where would many of us be if not for smallpox, polio, diphtheria or tetanus vaccines? We need the pharmaceutical companies.
1)these vaccines work at preventing the illness they target

2)I don't know about the history of the others but Salk gave the polio vaccine away for free

Old 07-03-2022, 06:42 AM

35,105 posts, read 17,051,842 times
However bad mask madness is in New York, it's worse in Manchester, Vermont. Stores still "ask" people to wear them.

Old 07-03-2022, 09:28 AM

25,374 posts, read 37,097,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
1)these vaccines work at preventing the illness they target

2)I don't know about the history of the others but Salk gave the polio vaccine away for free
I remember Salk vaccine as a child. Schools administered ONE shot for free to every student, I got mine.
Then we were instructed to get two more of the vaccine series, NOT FREE, at our family doctors.

The same was done with Sabin years later (ONE free oral sugar cube with LIVE virus) with instructions for doctor's visits to complete the series.

My family was poor, no extra money for doctors, and hence I have only had one dose of each. I recently read that 95% of those born before 1958 can assume they were infected non-symptomatically and thus have acquired lifetime immunity.
Finger crossed; I hope that assumption is true.

<Most current cases of polio are CAUSED by the Sabin oral vaccine, so it is not given anymore.>

Last edited by Kefir King; 07-03-2022 at 09:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City