Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2022, 01:46 PM

2,643 posts, read 1,240,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
In other news, NYC is "recommending" indoor masking again.

I've NEVER stopped wearing multiple MASKS both indoors and outdoors!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2022, 06:18 PM

3,522 posts, read 1,424,959 times
Quote:
In other news, NYC is "recommending" indoor masking again. I wonder how long it will take to turn into a mandate, or do they back off when even compliant, deep Blue New Yorkers have had enough? It hasn't solved any problems 2 1/4 years into masking.
Is there a particular reason why the “experts” and media are so reluctant to declare this endemic at this point? Positivity rates have only ticked up a couple of percentage points and hospitalizations are still at a very low level. So I don’t think we really need to panic about this anymore. So why are we still being asked to mask up again??

Old 07-09-2022, 07:30 PM

35,192 posts, read 17,114,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Is there a particular reason why the “experts” and media are so reluctant to declare this endemic at this point? Positivity rates have only ticked up a couple of percentage points and hospitalizations are still at a very low level. So I don’t think we really need to panic about this anymore. So why are we still being asked to mask up again??
One reason; power.

Old 07-09-2022, 09:59 PM

6,969 posts, read 3,793,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post

I've NEVER stopped wearing multiple MASKS both indoors and outdoors!
Do you caulk them around the edges?

They sent out email missives at my NY office the other day with dire warnings of new surges and impending doom and disaster.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:16 AM

35,192 posts, read 17,114,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Do you caulk them around the edges?

They sent out email missives at my NY office the other day with dire warnings of new surges and impending doom and disaster.
I wish when they breathlessly report a new variant they'd discuss the severity of the resulting illness.

Old 07-10-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I wish when they breathlessly report a new variant they'd discuss the severity of the resulting illness.
So far, they are saying that symptoms are a little less severe. So seems like the virus is still weakening.

Seems like as time goes on, this will probably be a very very contagious disease, but will end up being less severe than the common cold.

Old 07-10-2022, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I must say, I'm starting to see the light now. This whole "6th wave" that I'm hearing about is really starting to shed a lot of light on everything. It's really beyond crazy that just when things are getting better, the economy is getting back on track and then people are starting to get back to normal, the media suddenly panics about a new variant that they know little to nothing about. I'm seeing headlines about this new wave being the "worst yet", but then they can't explain how sick people are getting and if hospitalizations are going up. It's like... new variant, wear a mask and get boosted!! Really? Again??

So let me try to predict the future here....

Sept/Oct 2022 - a new wave comes in the Fall... Ok, wear a mask and get another booster!
Jan/Feb 2023 - a new wave comes in the Winter... Ok, wear a mask and get another booster!
July/August 2023 - a new wave comes in the Summer... Ok, wear a mask and get another booster!

I really think our government needs to come up with a better solution then asking us to do the same thing over and over. This just sounds like a whole big game to me.

So with that said, I do want to apologize for all the trouble I caused in the thread a couple of months back. I still do think masks have some protection in them, but the keyword is "some" and that means it should just be a temporary measure until we find a way to permanently put an end to it. And since we were unable to put an end to the common cold or the flu, then it just seems unlikely at this point that we will have a permanent solution. So I'm afraid we just need to live with this virus. It's either that, or we wear masks forever! But thankfully, the virus does seem to be getting weaker and hopefully, keeps getting weaker....

Old 07-11-2022, 08:00 AM

6,969 posts, read 3,793,544 times
Quote:

So let me try to predict the future here....

Sept/Oct 2022 - a new wave comes in the Fall... Ok, wear a mask and get another booster!
Jan/Feb 2023 - a new wave comes in the Winter... Ok, wear a mask and get another booster!
July/August 2023 - a new wave comes in the Summer... Ok, wear a mask and get another booster!
Money grab. It's recurring revenue at this point.
Mandates are over though. As much as they would love to enact them again they know they can't after the nation watched the Super Bowl and Oscars in equally Covid obsessed LA where pols and celebrities went mask free while The Help and umbrella and gown train holders were required to wear masks.

Old 07-11-2022, 12:50 PM

2,643 posts, read 1,240,670 times
Quote:
] So I'm afraid we just need to live with this virus. It's either that, or we wear masks forever!
That's MY plan!

MY plan is to keep wearing masks FOREVER!

In fact, EVERY morning, when I wake up, I go in front of the mirror, with MY MASK on, and sing this song to MY MASK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORCA9wxnghM

♫ ♫ It may not mean nothin' to y'all
But understand, nothin' was done for me
So I don't plan on stoppin' at all
I want to wear this MASK forever, mane, ever, mane, ever, mane
♫ ♫

Old 07-11-2022, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Money grab. It's recurring revenue at this point.
Mandates are over though. As much as they would love to enact them again they know they can't after the nation watched the Super Bowl and Oscars in equally Covid obsessed LA where pols and celebrities went mask free while The Help and umbrella and gown train holders were required to wear masks.
Unfortunately, there are talks that mandates might come back. I know California is considering it. I'm really curious to see how that's going to go. I'm pretty sure most Americans are tired of this and will fight back and not comply anymore...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City