Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 03:41 PM

1,466 posts, read 759,691 times

Advertisements

Safer to isolate in a house for covid than walk the streets of nyc and risk being randomly shot or stabbed. So it’s a smart move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2022, 04:25 PM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Two weeks ago, I went out with four other people to a restaurant/ bar where there was dancing as well. Long story short, three of them caught COVID. “So what,” I said to myself when they told me about how I should be careful. And I was right! All three are alive and well. So well in fact, that they’re doing the five borough bike ride.

Old 04-10-2022, 04:43 PM

231 posts, read 113,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Two weeks ago, I went out with four other people to a restaurant/ bar where there was dancing as well. Long story short, three of them caught COVID. “So what,” I said to myself when they told me about how I should be careful. And I was right! All three are alive and well. So well in fact, that they’re doing the five borough bike ride.
By the 3rd borough the death virus will assert its menace. They wont make it. This bike trip ends on a ventilator. What these cases prove is that the following is needed with immediate effect:

1. Tens of billions to subsidize critical vaccine boosters to keep people protected
2. Immediate lockdown of non-essential small businesses - services will continue to be provided by national and international big box essential businesses

3. Restoration of total mask mandates in public

Untill these science supported steps are taken the spread will not be stopped and the unfortunate and unnecessary deaths will continue as this virus continues its death menace.

Old 04-10-2022, 07:30 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,469,033 times
It's amazing to me that most people have NO IDEA that Omicron BA1 and BA2 and now XE (A combination of both) are MILD compared to the first covid Alpha - Delta.

They won't change the name to keep people in fear

Alpha - Delta affected lower airway / alveoli (more dangerous and sent more people to hospital/death)

Omicron BA1, BA2, XE only affects UPPER AIRWAY (AKA A common cold/Flu)

Different diseases.

It is so mild that some scientists have dubbed it the "Airbore Vaccine" because it gives you similar side effects to the Covid vaccine while also giving you immunity from Covid longer.

Old 04-10-2022, 09:20 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Nothing sudafed can't handle

Old 04-10-2022, 09:44 PM

https://joinzoe.com/learn/omicron-symptoms

What are the symptoms of Omicron?
For our analysis, we took the health reports from contributors reporting positive cases in the ZOE COVID Study app in December 2021 as Omicron became dominant and compared them with data from early October when Delta was the dominant variant.

We also confirmed these findings by analyzing data from a small group of contributors who had been told by the government that their positive PCR results were suspected or confirmed Omicron infections.

The top 5 symptoms in both periods were:

runny nose

headache

fatigue (mild or severe)

sneezing

sore throat

Old 04-10-2022, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
https://joinzoe.com/learn/omicron-symptoms

What are the symptoms of Omicron?
For our analysis, we took the health reports from contributors reporting positive cases in the ZOE COVID Study app in December 2021 as Omicron became dominant and compared them with data from early October when Delta was the dominant variant.

We also confirmed these findings by analyzing data from a small group of contributors who had been told by the government that their positive PCR results were suspected or confirmed Omicron infections.

The top 5 symptoms in both periods were:

runny nose

headache

fatigue (mild or severe)

sneezing

sore throat
Nothing sudafed cant handle

Old 04-10-2022, 09:56 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
It's amazing to me that most people have NO IDEA that Omicron BA1 and BA2 and now XE (A combination of both) are MILD compared to the first covid Alpha - Delta.

They won't change the name to keep people in fear

Alpha - Delta affected lower airway / alveoli (more dangerous and sent more people to hospital/death)

Omicron BA1, BA2, XE only affects UPPER AIRWAY (AKA A common cold/Flu)

Different diseases.

It is so mild that some scientists have dubbed it the "Airbore Vaccine" because it gives you similar side effects to the Covid vaccine while also giving you immunity from Covid longer.

Right and it's even less of a risk because of the vaccines and the large proportion of people with prior exposure. People overall are certainly a lot more lax than they were during the worst of it, so it is filtering through for the most part. I think part of the hesitancy partially has something to do with the sheer amount of idiocy and certainty early on that this was mild, just the cold, or a cure-all was immediately forthcoming or already in place from the early days. As you might remember as well, there were even several posters here who said some incredibly stupid things early on. Just really goddamn stupid and so it's reasonable to have a little bit of hesitancy when you hear those same voices say anything.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 04-10-2022 at 10:05 PM..

Old 04-10-2022, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Nothing sudafed cant handle
Queen Elizabeth, 95 YEARS OLD, Just got over Omicron.

Can we all please move on?

Old 04-10-2022, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Queen Elizabeth, 95 YEARS OLD, Just got over Omicron.

Can we all please move on?
I moved on in 2021
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: