Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 06:33 PM

30,638 posts, read 18,227,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
I'll take, none of the above.

Petty larceny is an “A” misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail. It is the stealing of property regardless of how insignificant the value is. It's rather unfortunate that Giuliani's daughter didn't get any jail time for her crime(s).
She was a first time offender, no? You expected her to get jail time for a non violent misdemeanor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 06:48 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
I'm fine with tossing the likes of her in jail as long as we apply the same standard across the board again. The streets will clean up right quick if we start filling Rikers again.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-11-2022, 07:11 PM

30,638 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I'm fine with tossing the likes of her in jail as long as we apply the same standard across the board again. The streets will clean up right quick if we start filling Rikers again.
Of course you know we won’t as leftists will start decrying the “racism” of disproportionate impact

Old 04-11-2022, 08:01 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
He did clean up NYC. Now it is a cesspool again.
No. Rudy was in office when things cleaned up nationally. He took the credit, but it's not necessarily due to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Mayor Rudolph Giuliani was one of the greatest Mayors that ever ran
New York City regardless what any paper and their employees print.
You realize that invalidates your whole opinion, right? You're basically saying, "I'm not interested in facts."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
[/b]

I wonder if people blame the respective political party in power for any high-crime city in the world, or is this ideology just restricted to this country
I would love to know that! I wish City Data had more international posters.

Old 04-11-2022, 08:04 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Giuliani was never well-liked as NYC mayor; his post-9/11 approval ratings were outliers compared to much of his two terms. If you search on YouTube, you can find clips of him insulting school bus drivers (it got personal) who were questioning him about his stance on their contract negotiations. In many ways, Giuliani was a bully. But enough people voted for him because he got results. Simply put, people were tired of the days where NYC was having 2,600+ homicides a year and thousands of more rapes, assaults, etc. People wanted their city back and Giuliani was the best candidate to do that.
Who cares about well liked. There are plenty of people I like who would make terrible mayors.
Guliani did a great job as mayor, Bloomberg kept it going and deblasio ruined everything.

Old 04-11-2022, 08:07 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
No. Rudy was in office when things cleaned up nationally. He took the credit, but it's not necessarily due to him.

You realize that invalidates your whole opinion, right? You're basically saying, "I'm not interested in facts."

I would love to know that! I wish City Data had more international posters.
You really think if Debalsio was mayor and Bragg was DA back then things in NYC would have been cleaned up as well as they were? That's a good one!

Old 04-11-2022, 10:31 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
He was the beginning of the end of NYC. When Bloomberg purchased a 3rd term it lead to the election of someone like DeBlasio. ANYBODY just not another rich politician running the city like a Fortunte 500 company. The bubble was doomed to burst eventually and Covid finally popped it.

Old 04-12-2022, 04:40 AM

5,826 posts, read 2,945,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
He was the beginning of the end of NYC. When Bloomberg purchased a 3rd term it lead to the election of someone like DeBlasio. ANYBODY just not another rich politician running the city like a Fortunte 500 company. The bubble was doomed to burst eventually and Covid finally popped it.
Interesting take. So the NYC is on the move, changing its ways back for the regular folk?

Old 04-12-2022, 07:03 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Giuliani cleaned up Brownsville, East NY, South Bronx

LoL

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-12-2022, 10:13 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Giuliani cleaned up Brownsville, East NY, South Bronx

LoL
The Stuy too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City