Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 01:08 PM

690 posts, read 586,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
It looks like it was related to an affair and was a crime of passion. This turn seems to be a lot more plausible than the son committing the murder. Based on the footage of the person dragging her body, it seems like a person of shorter stature, if the footage is not distorted.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/19/nyc-co...-orsolya-gaal/

Cops want to question a man they believe had a past romantic relationship with slain Queens mom Orsolya Gaal and specific knowledge of the family’s home, The Post has learned.

The man, who has not been formally identified as a person of interest or suspect in the gruesome slaying yet, is believed to have been seeing the 51-year-old married mother of two before the relationship ended, law enforcement sources said.

It’s unclear exactly when the relationship soured, but according to sources familiar with the case, the man would have been familiar enough with the family’s well-kept home in Forest Hills to know how to get in without breaking and entering.
The video was the one thing, that made me possibly think it could be the 13 year old..... since the suspect was so short. I had a hard time believing that a 13 year old could overpower her, even though she appears to be very petite.

I wonder what she could have done to the lover....if she really sent him to jail? How could she have sent someone to jail, but was comfortable enough to let them into her home? This whole story is just so bizarre & sad, those poor kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 02:27 PM

2,641 posts, read 1,237,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
This whole story is just so bizarre & sad, those poor kids.
Yes very sad for the whole family, especially the kids.

Not sure what must be worse, being at home like the 13 year old or being away looking at colleges, thinking about the next stage of life, and then finding out about this tragedy.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:41 PM

5,852 posts, read 2,970,163 times
Cops investigating the brutal stabbing death of Queens mom Orsolya Gaal are focused on a man she had been seeing, police sources said Tuesday.

The NYPD has stopped short of identifying him as a suspect because they don’t yet have enough evidence against him — including whether he is the person seen on video dragging Gaal’s body away from her Forest Hills home in a duffel bag, the sources said.

And they are concerned if they label him a person of interest he might surrender with a lawyer and refuse to answer any questions.

It wasn’t clear how Gaal met the man or how and when the relationship ended. But he had been in the home before and may have done work around the house, the sources said

Old 04-19-2022, 03:49 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,303,533 times
I dont think the side dude did it. If he did she would have been screaming and fighting and the kid would have heard

Old 04-19-2022, 03:53 PM

2 posts, read 721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
I dont think the side dude did it. If he did she would have been screaming and fighting and the kid would have heard
maybe the kid was used to hearing his mom screaming with another dude in the house, while the dad and old son is away?

Old 04-19-2022, 03:58 PM

6,693 posts, read 6,048,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
Thanks for sharing that link. If we are to believe that she sent someone to jail, the obvious question is, who did she send to jail?

I seriously doubt that the killer would give themselves away by texting, this is payback for sending me to jail. Definitely sounds like something a juvenile would text, but I could be wrong, because we are not privy to all of the facts, only what certain news outlets have shared.
I was thinking … maybe it’s not a physical jail but an emotional one? The woman was supposedly cheating on her husband so maybe she had a lover who was in love with her and she may have simply discarded him like used toilet paper. Sometimes older women seek out some fun by dating a younger guy, but unlike older men, they get too attached. I don’t know just thinking out loud lol

Oh and the killer used the victims phone to send the husband the text so I doubt he gave himself away. The killer has somewhat of street smarts.

Old 04-19-2022, 04:30 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,280,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I was thinking … maybe it’s not a physical jail but an emotional one? The woman was supposedly cheating on her husband so maybe she had a lover who was in love with her and she may have simply discarded him like used toilet paper. Sometimes older women seek out some fun by dating a younger guy, but unlike older men, they get too attached. I don’t know just thinking out loud lol

Oh and the killer used the victims phone to send the husband the text so I doubt he gave himself away. The killer has somewhat of street smarts.
How can he be street smart if he walked down the street with her dead body? Someone with common sense would know that at least one home had a security camera, especially in that area.

Old 04-19-2022, 04:41 PM

2 posts, read 721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
How can he be street smart if he walked down the street with her dead body? Someone with common sense would know that at least one home had a security camera, especially in that area.
those security cameras really caught the guy!

Old 04-19-2022, 05:04 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,104,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Anyone know what local bar she was hanging out in before her murder?
This story says she used to go to the 5 Burro Cafe with her friends but not where she went on the night in question.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....olya-gaal/amp/

Old 04-19-2022, 05:22 PM

103 posts, read 57,088 times
Well they are saying in the NY Post that she was having an affair with the handyman but it went south.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/19/nyc-co...-orsolya-gaal/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City