Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2022, 05:34 AM

23,936 posts, read 33,800,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
That article says multiple houses on that block had ring or nest cameras. So why do we only get one single view of a dark shadowy figure?

And the Klein/Gaal house also had a camera. So where's that footage?

I think the cops already know who did it and are just gathering more evidence so they don't screw up the case.

"a family electrician described her house as being outfitted with cameras and a separate entrance to the finished basement.

I also think LE know who it is, especially if they have that many cameras. Hopefully they don't keep us in suspense much longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 05:42 AM

103 posts, read 58,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's what I was thinking. Suddenly her dirty laundry is all over the newspapers. But we don't know anything about him, and what their relationship was like.
The husband is a partner in a firm that specializes in investing or trading in materials for batteries. He has a YouTube channel about the markets for Lithium, batteries, and electric cars and it looks like he hosts his show from the guest cottage in the backyard. Just seems like a regular business executive type, family man type very devoted to his career. You never know what is going on behind closed doors though.

His business profile says he worked in Budapest in finance where he must have met her and then they married and she moved to NY with him. He's an American and not from Hungary just worked over there. I get the impression that she was a housewife, stay at home mother for many years. You have to wonder if she was the stereotypical 'bored housewife,' maybe lonely living away from family in Hungary and this chasing men, secret affairs, if true, became her source of excitement, connection, or self worth in life.

Old 04-20-2022, 07:13 AM

2,481 posts, read 1,256,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Anyone know what local bar she was hanging out in before her murder?
Apparently the 5 Burros Cafe

Old 04-20-2022, 07:49 AM

5,956 posts, read 3,061,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Apparently the 5 Burros Cafe
Been there a bunch of times. Pretty good Mexican food. Not my type of dive and it gets too busy at times.

Old 04-20-2022, 07:49 AM

102,368 posts, read 108,650,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
That article says multiple houses on that block had ring or nest cameras. So why do we only get one single view of a dark shadowy figure?

And the Klein/Gaal house also had a camera. So where's that footage?

I think the cops already know who did it and are just gathering more evidence so they don't screw up the case.

"a family electrician described her house as being outfitted with cameras and a separate entrance to the finished basement.
Their camera may have been around the front door, but the perp entered through the back door. We don't know how he exited. Could have left through a basement door.

I thought the cops said they knew who did it already a few days ago. Someone linked an article a couple of days ago that said that.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 04-20-2022 at 08:14 AM..

Old 04-20-2022, 08:51 AM

23,936 posts, read 33,800,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynghost View Post
The husband is a partner in a firm that specializes in investing or trading in materials for batteries. He has a YouTube channel about the markets for Lithium, batteries, and electric cars and it looks like he hosts his show from the guest cottage in the backyard. Just seems like a regular business executive type, family man type very devoted to his career. You never know what is going on behind closed doors though.

His business profile says he worked in Budapest in finance where he must have met her and then they married and she moved to NY with him. He's an American and not from Hungary just worked over there. I get the impression that she was a housewife, stay at home mother for many years. You have to wonder if she was the stereotypical 'bored housewife,' maybe lonely living away from family in Hungary and this chasing men, secret affairs, if true, became her source of excitement, connection, or self worth in life.

She's been with him 17 years. I'm curious of their history too, if he brought her here on a fiance visa or what all those years ago.

My "mother" was similar except she came here in her late teens from Hungary, also cheated on my father, doing flirting in front of our faces.

Being a kid, I could see how the son could snap if she also did it like my "mother" did.

I can't see that she would miss home except her relatives which it sounds like she regularly saw. Things aren't that great over there, all of my family is still there.

I'm curious what her husband knew and how tolerant he was or wasn't.

My father said it's cheaper to keep her, maybe her husband felt the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Their camera may have been around the front door, but the perp entered through the back door. We don't know how he exited. Could have left through a basement door.

I thought the cops said they knew who did it already a few days ago. Someone linked an article a couple of days ago that said that.

From memory, some handyman was a suspect.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:40 AM

5,956 posts, read 3,061,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
She's been with him 17 years. I'm curious of their history too, if he brought her here on a fiance visa or what all those years ago.

My "mother" was similar except she came here in her late teens from Hungary, also cheated on my father, doing flirting in front of our faces.

Being a kid, I could see how the son could snap if she also did it like my "mother" did.

I can't see that she would miss home except her relatives which it sounds like she regularly saw. Things aren't that great over there, all of my family is still there.

I'm curious what her husband knew and how tolerant he was or wasn't.

My father said it's cheaper to keep her, maybe her husband felt the same.

From memory, some handyman was a suspect.
This was painful to read.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:43 AM

2,340 posts, read 1,058,066 times
I still think the 13 year old is a suspect. Why? He could be angry at his mom for breaking up the family. The rage doesn't have to be based on jealousy of another lover. Instead, this is anger directed at a parental figure for putting the family into such straights. Especially if it was widely known that the husband was tolerant (e.g. a ****, or at the very least someone who pursued his own extramarital affairs on his many business trips) of the whole matter. If his friends and classmates teased him about it then that would only incentivize the issue. The police's release of him can be based on the suspect's age or other procedural issue like lack of counsel and/or strategy to see if he will incriminate himself in a subsequent statement or action.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:14 AM

103 posts, read 58,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Is this something that is more common or acceptable in Hungarian culture? For example, i.e the French are kind of known for being more accepting, unconcerned with extramarital affairs and flings.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:52 AM

6,712 posts, read 6,117,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynghost View Post

I think the husband himself is a beta. He must've known or at least suspected that she was cheating. Most men of that caliber (rich, business man, investor, etc.) would've left a long time ago. But again, he probably thinks that he can never get another hot eastern European woman. You know how some men are... they like good looks so that they can show off their girlfriends or wives like prizes to their friends and family even when it is clear the soon to be ex doesn't love them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City