Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2022, 07:37 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
The attack started on the first floor. How did the son not hear her screams when he was on the second floor? I don’t know how someone could sleep through that without waking up.
Sorry, I missed this fact. How do they know the struggle started on the main floor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 07:56 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,278,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B Kind View Post
Cops found a blood soaked pair of boots in a trash can near the garage

https://nypost.com/2022/04/20/nyc-co...killer-source/
The killer took his boots off and threw them in the garbage and found another pair of his size boots in the basement to put on. How convenient.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:12 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
The killer took his boots off and threw them in the garbage and found another pair of his size boots in the basement to put on. How convenient.
He really wasn't worried about leaving a trail of evidence, was he? Very casual about it all.

And where did he go after dropping off the duffel bag in the park? How did he get to her house? Did he have to walk back to his car somewhere, or did he take transit? I ask, because if he had a car near her house, he could have put his boots in a plastic bag in the car, and disposed of them somewhere, buried them, whatever. It seems like he was so intensely focused on getting revenge, that attending to details of what to do with evidence didn't cross his mind. Of course, the duffel and her body would have his DNA on it anyway, probably.

Old 04-20-2022, 10:16 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,034,242 times
Hours passed between the murder, the body dumping, and the police entry. Yet, the son claims to have slept through the entire episode? This seems extremely suspicious. Even though the home was over 2k sq feet, the screams should've woken him up. It wasn't a quiet murder either but an extremely messy and violent death.

For context, the Asian woman who was also stabbed dozens of times in Chinatown earlier this spring screamed so loud that the neighbors and police were notified almost immediately. Yet, the son claims to have slept several hours through the whole thing?

Old 04-20-2022, 10:40 PM

7,649 posts, read 8,720,880 times
Here is the picture of the younger son being taken away in handcuffs.

Old 04-20-2022, 11:19 PM

23,876 posts, read 33,595,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
I still think the 13 year old is a suspect. Why? He could be angry at his mom for breaking up the family. The rage doesn't have to be based on jealousy of another lover. Instead, this is anger directed at a parental figure for putting the family into such straights. Especially if it was widely known that the husband was tolerant (e.g. a ****, or at the very least someone who pursued his own extramarital affairs on his many business trips) of the whole matter. If his friends and classmates teased him about it then that would only incentivize the issue. The police's release of him can be based on the suspect's age or other procedural issue like lack of counsel and/or strategy to see if he will incriminate himself in a subsequent statement or action.

My opinion too, it very well could be the son for those reasons. Having a young, pretty mother who openly flirts or cheats is a lot for a kid his age to take, especially if it was breaking his family up which we don't know yet.

They could be like my parents, living separate lives. As you mention, her husband could have been sleeping around too. We don't know that.

I'd read she was a housewife, I really can't see how she would put someone in jail unless she called the cops on someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilynghost View Post
Is this something that is more common or acceptable in Hungarian culture? For example, i.e the French are kind of known for being more accepting, unconcerned with extramarital affairs and flings.

It had more to do with him being an immigrant coming here with nothing, it was cheaper to keep her verses giving her half of the house, business and everything else.

He died from chemical caused cancer 16 years ago. Had he lived he was finally going to divorce her, she was checked out, not involved in his fight, actually didn't want him coming home to his own house the last time he was admitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I think the husband himself is a beta. He must've known or at least suspected that she was cheating. Most men of that caliber (rich, business man, investor, etc.) would've left a long time ago. But again, he probably thinks that he can never get another hot eastern European woman. You know how some men are... they like good looks so that they can show off their girlfriends or wives like prizes to their friends and family even when it is clear the soon to be ex doesn't love them.

I think he was most likely cheating too.

My money is on the son but someone in another thread said maybe it was the spouse of who she was cheating with or it could be the husbands girlfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
I don’t think mom is giving anyone her passcode if she’s on dating sites and texting four men in one night.

Maybe she didn't have a password/code? Maybe she leaves a game open like me so she doesn't have to keep entering that stupid code to use her phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
The attack started on the first floor. How did the son not hear her screams when he was on the second floor? I don’t know how someone could sleep through that without waking up.

Assuming it was not the son, my guess is he wasn't sleeping, he was playing Xbox with a headset on loud like kids do. My grandson doesn't hear anything when playing a game.

Quote:
And how was the killer so sure the son would not hear? How did he seem to know or assume that he could just keep attacking her and no one in the house would call the police from another room, part of the house? Sure he might have planned to kill the son if the son entered into the room. But how was the killer not worried about the son quietly calling 911 and the killer is caught right then surrounded by police while in the house?

I'm back to wondering if this was a hit job but staged to look like something else.

Right, a hit that was staged to look like a crime of passion which leads back to the husband.

Hard to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
And yeah- if you were the victim wouldn’t you yell out your sons name to help you knowing he’s in the house. Unless that was a huge mansion and the son was in a deep sleep I don’t know.

No way I'd call for my 13 year old son to come down, why so he could get stabbed to death too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
The image of the person pulling the bag seems to be a very-short male. Just wondering if her 13 year-old-son has something to do with it......and the 17 year-old was travelling with his father........

Agree, very short male with a backpack on his back.

Wonder where the wheel bag and back pack were kept in the house and if it was in the son's room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Here is the picture of the younger son being taken away in handcuffs.

He's tall for a 13 year old. Looks much taller than the person dragging the bag

I always see his hair long and down, I'm not seeing long hair in the video but he could have worn a knit cap.

Two articles below that I shared in another thread. I'll paste in my comments. I wonder if the husband cut his trip short.

It's said they found bloody boots. I think LE know way more than they are saying. I'll be surprised if they do not have an arrest within the next few days, especially after getting DNA from those bloody boots. Very easy to pin the son on it using DNA for genealogy, it would come back as a parent/child relationship.

One question I have is where is the wheeled bag usually kept in the house? The husband should know that.

Apparently there were seven cameras on her block plus additional cameras down 75th Ave which is supposedly the one that was leaked.

The person wheeling the bag may have a hoodie on, has some skinny legs. Does not look like a typical man to me. Her son has skinny legs too.

Orsolya Gaal case: Despite lack of updates, NYPD knows a lot about night of murder, experts say

Quote:
Officials have declined to confirm reports of a person of interest, the possibility of a vengeful ex-lover, evidence recovered at the scene and ominous threats against Gaal’s family sent through text messages, even as leaks in the case continue to flow.

Some of them could be true, experts told Fox News Digital. Some could be noise from sources who aren’t really close to the investigation. Some could be inconsequential, and some could really irk the homicide detectives working the case.

However, cellphone data, security cameras throughout the neighborhood and evidence at the scene of the crime could have provided investigators with a wealth of details.

The ferocity of the murder, experts have said, likely indicates a crime of passion, inflicted by someone who knew Gaal well, or was staged to look that way.

Cops hope boots will help ID NYC mom Orsolya Gaal’s killer: police source

Quote:
The fugitive killer who viciously stabbed Queens mom Orsolya Gaal to death inside her Forest Hills home left behind a vital clue: a pair of blood-soaked boots, a police source told The Post Wednesday.

Cops are running DNA tests on the boots, which officers found in a trash can outside the garage of the Tudor-style house where Gaal was stabbed nearly 60 times early on Saturday, a high-ranking NYPD official said.

The electrician also told Fox News that there was a separate door leading into the basement of the house, which he said was outfitted with security cameras.

Last edited by Roselvr; 04-20-2022 at 11:36 PM..

Old 04-21-2022, 06:53 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,102,568 times
A 44 year old man named David Bonola is now in police custody for this murder. So it's not the son. The story doesn't say if he was the boyfriend, the bartender or the handyman. Not much info yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ny....park/11773145/

Old 04-21-2022, 07:04 AM

103 posts, read 56,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
A 44 year old man named David Bonola is now in police custody for this murder. So it's not the son. The story doesn't say if he was the boyfriend, the bartender or the handyman. Not much info yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ny....park/11773145/
Well I do see a Facebook profile for a David Bonola from Queens. Not sure if it is this David so I don't want to post the link. How horrible. What a horrible situation for this family. I am relieved that the son did not do this to his mother.

Old 04-21-2022, 07:09 AM

989 posts, read 1,019,261 times
Quote:
Well I do see a Facebook profile for a David Bonola from Queens. Not sure if it is this David so I don't want to post the link. How horrible. What a horrible situation for this family. I am relieved that the son did not do this to his mother.
Same here. I firmly believed the son had done this and/or that the husband was involved. Seems like I was certainly wrong.

Old 04-21-2022, 07:17 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,102,568 times
This link says Bonola is the handyman and that he lives near her.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc.../amp/rcna25345
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City