Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 11:58 PM

7,715 posts, read 8,801,413 times

Advertisements

According to this report:
Quote:
Sources close to the case said Gaal went to see a show at Lincoln Center with friends on Friday night and after sat alone in a bar near her home, seemingly waiting for someone for 40 minutes before going home alone, Bauman reported.

It appears the killer entered her home through the back door and there's no indication of forced entry.
Video footage of the perp at 0:37:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwsXbc8dHQY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 03:08 AM

4,422 posts, read 3,507,581 times
Where is the dog in all this? According to numerous photos, that dog was frequently with her. Surely that would be the case at home. Was the dog barking nonstop when someone came to the home? Or during the stabbing? Was the dog killed as well? Evidently it was someone the dog knew.

Old 04-19-2022, 03:46 AM

5,956 posts, read 3,061,497 times
Looks like both son and husband is cleared.
Police know who it is they are looking for. Killer had access to family home home.

Sounds like some old grudge.

Old 04-19-2022, 03:50 AM

102,368 posts, read 108,650,974 times
Quote:
Sources said they believe she told her youngest son she was going out to see a show Friday night. At some point, a man who police believe she was familiar with met up with her, sources said. That man is believed to have murdered Gaal in her basement, the sources said.
Quote:
It appears the killer entered her home through the back door and there's no indication of forced entry.
How could someone have murdered her in her basement without her son hearing anything? Why was her back door unlocked? Was she expecting someone?

Old 04-19-2022, 03:50 AM

5,956 posts, read 3,061,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
I use to work in Forest Hills when I still lived in Queens. I would of drove right past that duffle bag if I was still there.
That was strange. I’ve lived in KG for a few years.

I would never open a duffel bag if I was walking by. Especially if there is blood around it. I’d call the cops but that’s about it.

Old 04-19-2022, 04:04 AM

4,218 posts, read 4,140,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wydings View Post
it has to be someone that lives in the home. how many killers do you know that actually takes the time to remove the body from the home if they didn't live there themselves? if it was just some dude who was mad at her it'd make more sense to just have her killed and leave asap instead of taking the time to remove her from her own home.
Right, and the killer didn’t make much of an effort to hide the body if that was his intent. He could have hidden the body in places in Forest Park but he left it basically on the sidewalk. I read that the police had to force their way into the home once they followed the trail of blood. The son was home. If he was unaware of the murder why wouldn’t he just answer the door?

Old 04-19-2022, 05:01 AM

16,262 posts, read 7,007,991 times
From the videos it is clear that the duffel bag was tossed not into the deepest part of the park but on the perimeter's edge
along Metropolitan Ave and Union Turnpike where there is a non stop constant flow of traffic. This is why the duffel bag
with the body stuffed inside was found so quickly.

The most disturbing part of this murder is that is has happened in a very affluent diverse and sought after part of N.Y.C.
and not on New York City Housing Project Grounds or Low income and High Crime areas.

The cancer of violence will continue to spread from neighborhood to adjoining neighborhood if policing is not returned
to normal. Any one thinking of committing a crime should have anxiety of knowing they will be caught immediately instead of
having this care-free " no cop gives a crap " attitude.

Get to work Mr.Mayor.........................the voters are watching!

Old 04-19-2022, 05:15 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,592,723 times
stabbed 60 times is RAGE!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-19-2022, 08:58 AM

2,712 posts, read 1,300,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
stabbed 60 times is RAGE!!!!!!!!!
That's why I didn't believe the theories that the husband hired someone to do it. A professional killer (even a bad one) wouldn't overkill a target like that.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:59 AM

2,712 posts, read 1,300,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

Get to work Mr.Mayor.........................the voters are watching!
We've been watching......................so far, not so good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City