Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 09:05 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,130,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Right, and the killer didn’t make much of an effort to hide the body if that was his intent. He could have hidden the body in places in Forest Park but he left it basically on the sidewalk. I read that the police had to force their way into the home once they followed the trail of blood. The son was home. If he was unaware of the murder why wouldn’t he just answer the door?
What time did police arrive at the home? If he was already in bed, wouldn't have heard them knocking or ringing, or he may have heard something, but ignored it, because it was late. Or maybe he'd heard his mom come home, so he went to bed. I wouldn't answer the door late at night if I were home alone, unless I saw a police car from a window or they were shouting "POLICE!".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
From the videos it is clear that the duffel bag was tossed not into the deepest part of the park but on the perimeter's edge
along Metropolitan Ave and Union Turnpike where there is a non stop constant flow of traffic. This is why the duffel bag
with the body stuffed inside was found so quickly.

The most disturbing part of this murder is that is has happened in a very affluent diverse and sought after part of N.Y.C.
and not on New York City Housing Project Grounds or Low income and High Crime areas.

The cancer of violence will continue to spread from neighborhood to adjoining neighborhood if policing is not returned
to normal
. Any one thinking of committing a crime should have anxiety of knowing they will be caught immediately instead of
having this care-free " no cop gives a crap " attitude.

Get to work Mr.Mayor.........................the voters are watching!
You're making this sound like a random act. We don't know much about it, except that she was expecting to meet someone for dinner that night, who didn't show up at the bar where she dined. Maybe the intruder was the person she'd been waiting for, and unbeknownst to her, had a lot of resentment built up against her. Or maybe it was someone else she knew, who had major issues with her.

It's the fact that someone knew the back door was unlocked, that has me thinking it was someone she knew. Unless it's common in that neighborhood for people to feel safe enough, that they don't lock their doors at night. So in those circumstances, a stranger could have been going through the neighborhood, trying the doors, and found one that was unlocked.

I wonder how police already know who it was. DNA evidence already analyzed and matched up on a database?

Old 04-19-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
stabbed 60 times is RAGE!!!!!!!!!
Or severe mental illness, e.g. "voices" drove him to it.

Old 04-19-2022, 09:38 AM

25,382 posts, read 37,126,683 times
The news report I heard yesterday claimed she was 51. A very nice looking 51 IMHO. (Not that it matters much now.)

Old 04-19-2022, 11:00 AM

5,466 posts, read 5,722,868 times
Its probably the younger kid. The police are just leaking info while they collect evidence.
13 year old boy is roughly the age when they could overpower a relatively smaller size woman if they really wanted to.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:02 AM

1,075 posts, read 553,549 times
I guess they don't think the murdered is a danger to anyone else. It seems like they are not making much of an effort to get the "person of interest" off the streets.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:05 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,681,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
We've been watching......................so far, not so good!
One thing I've learned.....quickness without full puzzles put together = acquittal....!

Old 04-19-2022, 11:14 AM

690 posts, read 586,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
This is a very strange case. Besides everything that was mentioned, she had also "gone missing" back in 2020 while on a walk. I do wonder whether this woman had things going on that will be uncovered in the investigation. Still a terrible, terrible tragedy -- I read that she was stabbed 60+ times. That makes me so sad for her.
The radio report I heard, was that she disappeared overnight. Went out for walk at 10 and didn't return til 5am. Very bizarre behavior for a married woman. I'm wondering if she was having affairs, and it was a possible jilted X lover? I'm having a hard time believing that it was the 13 year old. Stabbed 60 times is pure rage, and not random.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
stabbed 60 times is RAGE!!!!!!!!!
I've been getting caught up on reading some of the links posted on this thread. The text to the husband sent by the killer said,
Quote:
'Your wife sent me to jail some years ago... I'm back.'
This explains it.

A guy got sent to prison because of her involvement in his case, whatever her involvement was. He stewed in prison for years, his resentment against her and the justice system--building. Somehow, he got her name, and with that, he was able to look up where she lived.

He finally gets to exact revenge, and goes nuts. Then he decides to show off to the justice system that put him away, to "society", to her family, that he "won" in the end. He takes the body (which was dismembered, not only stabbed 60 times), stuffs it in a duffle bag, and drags it to a public park, leaving it where it could be easily found. Clearly, he had no intent to hide the body. To the contrary, he wanted it to be found, to show that he got the upper hand after years in prison. So he also had no need to be careful about not leaving a blood trail. He thinks he's going to get away with this, and that he'll succeed in hiding from the eventual manhunt. He's probably gloating right now.

Horrible. I'm trying to think how he could have gotten her name. She may have made testimony to the police in whatever his original case was about. His lawyer would have had access to that record, in preparing his case for the court. He would have asked his client who this woman was, who (apparently) was a witness to the client's criminal act or had evidence.

This is exactly why it's so hard to solve some crimes. Witnesses or others with key information or evidence don't want the perp to have access to their name, so they don't get involved. They don't want to risk ending up like her.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:44 AM

371 posts, read 625,830 times
Most of the evidence they've released points to the son. The multiple stab wounds (usually means the killer knew the victim), the shadowy figure in the video that's carrying the duffel bag looks small in size, and the duffel bag came from inside the house. If the killer planned to kill and move her, he would have brought something to carry her in and not rummage around the house to look for something. Also, why remove the body from the home? Again, points to the killer living in the home otherwise they'd just leave her in the house; why risk dragging a duffel bag half a mile?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City