Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 11:54 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,963,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
The radio report I heard, was that she disappeared overnight. Went out for walk at 10 and didn't return til 5am. Very bizarre behavior for a married woman. I'm wondering if she was having affairs, and it was a possible jilted X lover? I'm having a hard time believing that it was the 13 year old. Stabbed 60 times is pure rage, and not random.
Exactly, it's very odd behavior for a married woman (or man, for that matter). They also mentioned that they found phone numbers of three men -- it could be nothing (after all, we all have numbers of men and women) or it could indicate that she was having affairs/engaging in a "second life" (whatever that entails).

Yes the stabbing 60 times is excessive and does indicate rage - I also don't know if the son could overpower her in that way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 11:54 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,536,750 times
I wonder if the police have talked to his school mates if he has even made any remarks on his mother's social life?

Old 04-19-2022, 11:56 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,051,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've been getting caught up on reading some of the links posted on this thread. The text to the husband sent by the killer said,
This explains it.

A guy got sent to prison because of her involvement in his case, whatever her involvement was. He stewed in prison for years, his resentment against her and the justice system--building. Somehow, he got her name, and with that, he was able to look up where she lived.

He finally gets to exact revenge, and goes nuts. Then he decides to show off to the justice system that put him away, to "society", to her family, that he "won" in the end. He takes the body (which was dismembered, not only stabbed 60 times), stuffs it in a duffle bag, and drags it to a public park, leaving it where it could be easily found. Clearly, he had no intent to hide the body. To the contrary, he wanted it to be found, to show that he got the upper hand after years in prison. So he also had no need to be careful about not leaving a blood trail. He thinks he's going to get away with this, and that he'll succeed in hiding from the eventual manhunt. He's probably gloating right now.

Horrible. I'm trying to think how he could have gotten her name. She may have made testimony to the police in whatever his original case was about. His lawyer would have had access to that record, in preparing his case for the court. He would have asked his client who this woman was, who (apparently) was a witness to the client's criminal act or had evidence.

This is exactly why it's so hard to solve some crimes. Witnesses or others with key information or evidence don't want the perp to have access to their name, so they don't get involved. They don't want to risk ending up like her.

I'd say that Convict is heading back to the Joint (not too smart texting the Hubby and saying 'i'm gonna kill your wife for testifying in a case that put me away').

OR,...this could be a ruse to shift the attention away from the real killer and the Cops. She had a Lover... or seems like it.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:00 PM

2,658 posts, read 1,253,679 times
Last Week the Subway shooting.

Now this.

Mayor Adams is really cleaning up the City!

Old 04-19-2022, 12:16 PM

690 posts, read 587,809 times
Quote:
I've been getting caught up on reading some of the links posted on this thread. The text to the husband sent by the killer said,
This explains it.

A guy got sent to prison because of her involvement in his case, whatever her involvement was. He stewed in prison for years, his resentment against her and the justice system--building. Somehow, he got her name, and with that, he was able to look up where she lived.

He finally gets to exact revenge, and goes nuts. Then he decides to show off to the justice system that put him away, to "society", to her family, that he "won" in the end. He takes the body (which was dismembered, not only stabbed 60 times), stuffs it in a duffle bag, and drags it to a public park, leaving it where it could be easily found. Clearly, he had no intent to hide the body. To the contrary, he wanted it to be found, to show that he got the upper hand after years in prison. So he also had no need to be careful about not leaving a blood trail. He thinks he's going to get away with this, and that he'll succeed in hiding from the eventual manhunt. He's probably gloating right now.

Horrible. I'm trying to think how he could have gotten her name. She may have made testimony to the police in whatever his original case was about. His lawyer would have had access to that record, in preparing his case for the court. He would have asked his client who this woman was, who (apparently) was a witness to the client's criminal act or had evidence.

This is exactly why it's so hard to solve some crimes. Witnesses or others with key information or evidence don't want the perp to have access to their name, so they don't get involved. They don't want to risk ending up like her.
Not a bad hypothesis, BUT why not leave body in home? Why bother packing it up and dragging to park?

Most peoples addresses are easily found with a google search. Sooner or later, technology catches up with most of us...if not her, maybe her husband or sons information was accessible with a google search.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:18 PM

2,470 posts, read 1,237,767 times
Anyone know what local bar she was hanging out in before her murder?

Old 04-19-2022, 12:20 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
I'd say that Convict is heading back to the Joint (not too smart texting the Hubby and saying 'i'm gonna kill your wife for testifying in a case that put me away').

OR,...this could be a ruse to shift the attention away from the real killer and the Cops. She had a Lover... or seems like it.

Well, we know criminals tend to be "not too smart". Their ego tends to trip them up. You know, like police used to say, that they nearly always revisit the location of their crime, afterwards, which is one way police are able to catch them? That's why the vengeful-Convict story resonates with me, now that I have more info. By sending that text, he was saying, "Haha, she thought she'd put me away, but I showed her!"

But you're right; it's still just a theory at this point. And it does seem like she had a lover. That may or may not be immaterial to this case, though. We'll have to wait and see. I'm curious to see if any info is eventually provided regarding her supposed involvement in an earlier criminal case.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:28 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
Not a bad hypothesis, BUT why not leave body in home? Why bother packing it up and dragging to park?

Most peoples addresses are easily found with a google search. Sooner or later, technology catches up with most of us...if not her, maybe her husband or sons information was accessible with a google search.
Well, if her role in his case that sent him to prison was that of a juror, he wouldn't have had any way of getting her name, would he? Jurors' names aren't made public, nor made available to the defense lawyer, I don't think. This leads me to posit, that her role must have involved providing some kind of info or evidence to the police. The perp's lawyer has the right to get the names of people who provide key evidence or testimony, except in anonymous tips. I can't think of any other way that the defense would have gotten her name.

BTW, does anyone know if the initial report that her body was dismembered are true? Someone on another thread said, that info had been recanted.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:33 PM

690 posts, read 587,809 times
Quote:
Well, if her role in his case that sent him to prison was that of a juror, he wouldn't have had any way of getting her name, would he? Jurors' names aren't made public, nor made available to the defense lawyer, I don't think. This leads me to posit, that her role must have involved providing some kind of info or evidence to the police. The perp's lawyer has the right to get the names of people who provide key evidence or testimony, except in anonymous tips. I can't think of any other way that the defense would have gotten her name.

BTW, does anyone know if the initial report that her body was dismembered are true? Someone on another thread said, that info had been recanted.
I believe that witnesses information, are indeed made available to the defense. I believe this was a law signed into effect, with bail reform. I do not have a reference, but I am sure others on here will correct me if I am wrong. I recall this fact being reported on repeatedly years ago. I am not sure on juror information, I believe that is private, but all one has to do is refer to the Derek Chauvin trial, the jurors homes were basically tarred and feathered. Point being, somehow that information was found and spread.

Sadly, in this day and age, you can usually find whatever private information you need, if you dig deep enough.

Old 04-19-2022, 12:56 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,963,657 times
It looks like it was related to an affair and was a crime of passion. This turn seems to be a lot more plausible than the son committing the murder. Based on the footage of the person dragging her body, it seems like a person of shorter stature, if the footage is not distorted.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/19/nyc-co...-orsolya-gaal/

Cops want to question a man they believe had a past romantic relationship with slain Queens mom Orsolya Gaal and specific knowledge of the family’s home, The Post has learned.

The man, who has not been formally identified as a person of interest or suspect in the gruesome slaying yet, is believed to have been seeing the 51-year-old married mother of two before the relationship ended, law enforcement sources said.

It’s unclear exactly when the relationship soured, but according to sources familiar with the case, the man would have been familiar enough with the family’s well-kept home in Forest Hills to know how to get in without breaking and entering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City