Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 11:41 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times

Advertisements

https://www.amny.com/news/mta-where-...pricing-stand/

A new administration in the White House means talks between the Metropolitan Transportation Authority and the federal government have found traction.

So what does that mean for New Yorkers wondering when congestion pricing will finally be implemented, providing more cash for mass transit, cleaner air and fewer cars in Manhattan?

According to MTA officials, there are no set dates for when the state can go to town tolling motorists commuting and traveling through New York City, but the money is there after Thursday’s board meeting and the federal government is working to provide the criteria needed for an environmental review.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2021, 12:02 AM

1,034 posts, read 446,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post

A new administration in the White House means talks between the Metropolitan Transportation Authority and the federal government have found traction.

So what does that mean for New Yorkers wondering when congestion pricing will finally be implemented, providing more cash for mass transit, cleaner air and fewer cars in Manhattan?

According to MTA officials, there are no set dates for when the state can go to town tolling motorists commuting and traveling through New York City, but the money is there after Thursday’s board meeting and the federal government is working to provide the criteria needed for an environmental review.
My dude. The city is broke and begging for money from the feds. This will be implemented at warp speed.

Old 02-20-2021, 12:26 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post

You can't possibly believe this is where most of the money ends up

Old 02-20-2021, 04:35 AM

5,826 posts, read 2,948,440 times
Some are becoming millionaires with these billions being given out.
We should figure out how to open up shop and get that sweet sweet money. Forget everything else .

Old 02-20-2021, 09:22 AM

5,683 posts, read 2,614,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Some are becoming millionaires with these billions being given out.
We should figure out how to open up shop and get that sweet sweet money. Forget everything else .
NYC city data shop. I'm in!

Old 02-20-2021, 11:07 AM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
This is great for me. My job reimburses driving expenses even if I take public trans to the city. So if this goes through, I can add another reimbursement onto my expenses!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-20-2021, 01:07 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This is great for me. My job reimburses driving expenses even if I take public trans to the city. So if this goes through, I can add another reimbursement onto my expenses!
why would you care either way? unless you think it will reduce traffic on your commute.

Old 02-20-2021, 03:50 PM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
why would you care either way? unless you think it will reduce traffic on your commute.
Because its another charge I can expense even if I don't actually pay. Company policy pays all driving charges from home to the site, regardless of how I get there.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-16-2021, 09:23 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,769,868 times
Mayor urges state to hurry on congestion pricing to aid subways

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...sts_po-organic

Mayor Bill de Blasio urged the state government and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to move quickly on implementing congestion pricing in Manhattan in an effort to raise billions of dollars needed to repair and modernize the subway system.

“The subways are what make the entire metropolitan area work,” he said at a Thursday news conference. “If we don't do it, something much worse will happen, which is the subways corrode, and the entire metropolitan area economy starts to corrode.”

The city has little official power over the MTA, but de Blasio said his news conference was meant to convey the needs of New Yorkers for a dependable subway as the city’s economy reopens fully.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:07 AM

978 posts, read 675,432 times
Hmmmm but ridership is still low and not expected to come back to the old numbers. The question is “Whois mismanaging the MTA?”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City