Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2022, 11:38 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,031,771 times

Advertisements

People who abuse drugs have low willpower. They lack the mental fortitude and grit to deal with life so instead retreat into a fantasy world. This is especially true of the wake and bake crowd. They lose all motivation and instead stumble through life like zombies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2022, 03:07 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,402,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
What's the difference between popping a Tylenol or an ecstasy pill? Both are drugs.
What's that flying above your head?

Oh cant see it?

Must be the point I'm trying to make...

Old 09-28-2022, 06:28 PM

870 posts, read 414,679 times
People get wasted after work. Alcohol has many more negative consequences for others. Getting high doesn't make you aggressive and act stupid, getting drunk does, on top of making the consumer sick and comatose if they abuse the substance.

Also, getting arrested for smoking a joint is absolutely stupid, as stupid as an open container ticket.

Smoking cigarettes and hookahs is way way way more harmful to someone's health.

Also, as a non-smoker I find the smell of weed much more pleasant than the disgusting smell of cigarette.

And no, weed is not a gateway drug.

Old 09-28-2022, 09:56 PM

3,214 posts, read 1,673,950 times
Technically smoking pot isn't healthy either, it has as much carcinogenic effects as nicotine cigs. The difference is that people don't chainsmoke pot as much as cigs due to price. If you chainsmoke weed you'll get lung cancer eventually. The only added benefits are the THC oils that has a therapeutic property. That's why it's better to have the swallowable or edible pot that isn't carcinogenic.

Old 09-29-2022, 01:31 AM

789 posts, read 487,339 times
The impact on car wrecks and driving has been terrible. And the media and left wing hack politicians refuse to address it. Young thugs in every borough are lighting up and speeding on EVERY highway. I've never seen as many car crashes or cars flipping over on quiet side streets than I've seen since the BLM riots of 2020 when this all started. The cops are absolutely NO LONGER pulling people over and, as a result, all the felons and hip hop thugs are smoking their daylights out. Used to be a big deal to get pulled over with weed or weed smell in ya car. Not any more. There is no sobriety test for weed like there is for alcohol.

At least drunks usually keep it limited to 4am on a Friday or Sat night. You potheads are driving all day long every day high as a kyte with no regard for the road running cars over and driving into poles.

Old 09-29-2022, 06:02 AM

445 posts, read 321,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
The impact on car wrecks and driving has been terrible. And the media and left wing hack politicians refuse to address it. Young thugs in every borough are lighting up and speeding on EVERY highway. I've never seen as many car crashes or cars flipping over on quiet side streets than I've seen since the BLM riots of 2020 when this all started. The cops are absolutely NO LONGER pulling people over and, as a result, all the felons and hip hop thugs are smoking their daylights out. Used to be a big deal to get pulled over with weed or weed smell in ya car. Not any more. There is no sobriety test for weed like there is for alcohol.

At least drunks usually keep it limited to 4am on a Friday or Sat night. You potheads are driving all day long every day high as a kyte with no regard for the road running cars over and driving into poles.
The problem is the lack of enforcement of actual crimes. The weed itself is just one example. Just bc cops won't do their job (and a major part is those in power won't let them), doesn't mean we should outright ban it.

Old 09-29-2022, 10:41 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,031,771 times
The street drag racers and ATV bike riders are big users of weed. They're not exactly driving on the rules of the road.

Old 09-29-2022, 01:40 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,261,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Dinero View Post
People get wasted after work. Alcohol has many more negative consequences for others. Getting high doesn't make you aggressive and act stupid, getting drunk does, on top of making the consumer sick and comatose if they abuse the substance.

Also, getting arrested for smoking a joint is absolutely stupid, as stupid as an open container ticket.

Smoking cigarettes and hookahs is way way way more harmful to someone's health.

Also, as a non-smoker I find the smell of weed much more pleasant than the disgusting smell of cigarette.

And no, weed is not a gateway drug.
I've seen a lot of very successful legitimate alcoholics and cigarette addicts. Much less so with potheads. Just saying. There must be a reason.

Old 09-29-2022, 02:05 PM

870 posts, read 414,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
I've seen a lot of very successful legitimate alcoholics and cigarette addicts. Much less so with potheads. Just saying. There must be a reason.
Depends what they do... Artists thrive on weed.... I know successful artists, and not just musicians, designers who are functional potheads...

But then success is individual, and if someone decides to smoke weed and not be successful, so be it...

Old 09-29-2022, 02:07 PM

5,826 posts, read 2,948,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
People who abuse drugs have low willpower. They lack the mental fortitude and grit to deal with life so instead retreat into a fantasy world. This is especially true of the wake and bake crowd. They lose all motivation and instead stumble through life like zombies.
This !,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City