Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 05:24 PM

1,466 posts, read 759,691 times

Advertisements

https://nypost.com/2022/10/05/nyc-po...reats-sources/

“ Cabán’s spokesperson stressed that her office never called 911.

“We did not call 911, and any suggestion to the contrary is a lie,” the spokesperson said, without elaborating on how they notified cops.

“We will not be offering any comment on the nature of the threats we’ve received.””

Did she follow her own advice given out to local business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2022, 05:55 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Worse than calling 911… she used inside pull to call a precinct commander direct. Far more hypocritical. I left because I was done pandering to (or working for) scum like her.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-05-2022, 06:05 PM

1,466 posts, read 759,691 times
Must be nice calling 311 like she said and getting the precinct commander

Old 10-05-2022, 06:17 PM

621 posts, read 240,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
1. The 1st Amendment. Nothing else needs to be said but…

2. Taxes, property ownership, family who live there, work, heck even leisure pursuits (why I can’t fathom, but some do enjoy NYC for leisure).

These are valid reasons whether Mr. I’m Ok with Crime Brownpine agrees or not. End of story.

Especially for natives who only left BECAUSE of all that crap. Though I’ve said it before and will say it again. The minute I no longer have the above connections to NYC, it will never cross my mind again.

I just knew you were going to respond with, "It's my 1st Amendment right". Typical right-wing response. But you're still not getting my point - you spend your time voicing disdain about a place that you don't live and can't vote in is not rationale. Didn't you say you once lived in Idaho? Tell me, are you on the Idaho forum exercising your 1st amendment rights?

I have property, friends, and work in Austin. But do I care what Adler or Abbot is doing? Not so much now that I don't live and cannot vote there anymore. So long as my property rental check clears each month, Abbott can haul migrants up north on the back of his wheelchair for all I care.

I'm not even bothering with your label that I'm ok with crime. I have my own label for someone who runs to NJ - a state with the same progressive policies as NY. You pretend to be better off over there, have things really changed for you?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...-will-tell-you

Old 10-05-2022, 07:08 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Idaho? Lol

I’ve unfortunately never even been there.

You literally told us last week you’re ok with being a victim of crime. Because you were. And you’re ok with it.

Once my kids are out of NYC I won’t so much as sigh if it was nuked. Until then, I have a deep and lasting hatred for voters like you who’ve driven it into a state where I have to fear for them every day.

Until the left went all pro-perp, I had no problem living amongst you. Thankfully, NJ is not pro-perp. Go slap a Nj cop, you’ll see what I mean.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-05-2022, 07:13 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I live in NJ but I pay taxes into New York State/ City, so I do have input where the money I'm earning and sending is going.
No. You do not get a vote.
Unless you are fraudulently voting.

Old 10-05-2022, 10:14 PM

621 posts, read 240,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Idaho? Lol

I’ve unfortunately never even been there.

You literally told us last week you’re ok with being a victim of crime. Because you were. And you’re ok with it.

Once my kids are out of NYC I won’t so much as sigh if it was nuked. Until then, I have a deep and lasting hatred for voters like you who’ve driven it into a state where I have to fear for them every day.

Until the left went all pro-perp, I had no problem living amongst you. Thankfully, NJ is not pro-perp. Go slap a Nj cop, you’ll see what I mean.

You hate voters like me? I should say I hate voters like you. While NYC became the city you love to hate on your watch, I was voting in Texas. Haven't cast a ballot here in years. But I will be voting in November. As for you, do you even know who or what to vote for in your own state? Probably not b/c it's easier to obsess about a place you no longer live in.

"I hate NY leftist nut jobs so I'm leaving ... for NJ leftist nut jobs" - psychologists call this kind of love-hate reasoning....ambivalence.

Old 10-05-2022, 10:24 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,400,814 times
Deep hatred for someone you have never met just based on who they vote for….wow

Not sure how or why this is turning into a hateful conversation

Old 10-05-2022, 10:25 PM

Why do people who hate this city so much spend so much time on this side of the forum talking about it? It’s very fascinating to me actually.

I stay away from even discussing things I don’t like let alone hate..

Old 10-05-2022, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
No. You do not get a vote.
Unless you are fraudulently voting.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: