Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 06:52 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,259,183 times

Advertisements

This clown is giving up already.

Quote:
Mayor Eric Adams used a new TV interview to downplay the increase in violent subway crime — and blamed the news media for creating a false “perception” that the situation underground is out of control.

Adams took his dismissive tone about mayhem in the subways — where violent crime this year through August was up 39% compared to 2019 — during a talk with CNN’s Chris Wallace that was recorded just a day after the city’s ninth train-system homicide of the year occurred in Queens
Quote:
Schulz, who was the first female captain in the Metro-North Commuter Railroad Police Department, said that the current crime wave in the subway is different than crime in the past.

“What people are really frightened of is this randomness,” she said. “The accumulation of these incidents is that people are petrified. “People I know who rode the city for years, I’ve never heard so many people say they are frightened — and overwhelmingly women.”
https://nypost.com/2022/10/20/eric-a...n-nyc-subways/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2022, 08:15 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,466,157 times
Democrats are the worst gas lighters. They will lie to your face and tell you what you see is not real.

Old 10-20-2022, 08:36 PM

Send him this

https://twitter.com/DaytonaDesign/st...77116778430464

Old 10-20-2022, 08:37 PM

And This
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1582975144703979520

Old 10-20-2022, 08:54 PM

1,465 posts, read 757,844 times
He wants to blame the media. But he said this. And I’ll never forget adams for this. And it’s my own post on here in December 2020. Ny daily news. Accepted source in nyc.

““ “I’m not here for political reasons. This is personal,” Adams went on. “My son is 24. Every time I hear a young man is shot I’ve got to look through the article and say ‘Tell me it’s not my baby.’”

Now he blames the media for the reports. I guess he stopped reading the articles to see if it was his son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...aqy-story.html

“ “Map the shootings, the stabbings and the killings, and map the lack of resources,” Brooklyn Borough President and mayoral candidate Eric Adams told dozens of Bronx residents outside the King Deli on Boston Road in Morrisania, where James Solano was shot in the neck at point-blank range by an ice-cold gunman.”

“ “I’m not here for political reasons. This is personal,” Adams went on. “My son is 24. Every time I hear a young man is shot I’ve got to look through the article and say ‘Tell me it’s not my baby.’”

Based on this statement with the increase in shootings this year he had to check 914 more times to make sure it’s not his son. Haven’t heard him care until possibility he’s running for mayor.

“ Adams said that communities of color should get more resources for Beacon Programs, as well as programs that will help curb violence.
“We need to now give you the resources to really get our heads around this gun violence,” Adams said.”

How does money for programs prevent the gun violence? Last I check adams is based in Brooklyn. Wandering to the Bronx seems political even though he flat out denies that. He supported many reforms that have caused this spike in crime.

Last edited by 94nasupra; 10-20-2022 at 09:04 PM..

Old 10-20-2022, 09:36 PM

978 posts, read 674,167 times
You can’t expect him to fight crime? I mean he is planning to run for higher office no?

Old 10-21-2022, 05:54 AM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
We’ve talked about perception here before. Long before this guy.

Perception is everything, because on a wide range of topics - pretty much everything- perception is how people make their decisions.

Further, unlike political decisions made using statistics, citizens have to decide “will/can that be me?” When the likelihood of that answer becoming “yes” rises, people will react in ways to benefit their situation. Politicians are too used to seeing the populace as numbers that represent stupid people. It’s great when they’re confronted with the fact that THEIR perception is not reality.

Every politician knows this. He can throw blame wherever he wants, but nothing will change. The Democrats love using their exaggerative media to influence the public when it suits them. When it doesn’t, they complain. This is squarely a leftist issue since the media is mostly theirs.

Deal with it Mr. Mayor. Your city sucks, whether real or perceived.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-21-2022, 06:00 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,539,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Democrats are the worst gas lighters. They will lie to your face and tell you what you see is not real.

The economy is strong as hell.

Old 10-21-2022, 06:31 AM

3,198 posts, read 1,662,548 times
The media helped got him elected. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited by MKTwet; 10-21-2022 at 07:29 AM..

Old 10-21-2022, 08:05 AM

978 posts, read 674,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
The economy is strong as hell.
Hahahaha

Now is that statement in a “whisper” tone ? Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City