Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2022, 06:10 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,295,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city-confidant View Post
There is probably information omitted from the story. Notice how none of the cameras along East 125th Street were not turned on that night?
Like what? This is the gist of the storty:
Quote:
One person hit Cooke's passenger side mirror, and when he pulled over to check the damage to his car, an argument broke out between Cooke and the bikers.

Several members of the group surrounded and attacked Cooke, who was allegedly on a date with his significant other at the time, according to a GoFundMe page.
If you drive like I do and have suddenly seen 20-30 ATVs and motorcycles approaching, it can be quite unnerving. There is nowhere to go. Usually wait and let them go, but since many of them run red lights, accidents can and do happen, which happened here, hence the argument. They don't follow any law and order, so any little thing will set them off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2022, 06:11 AM

19,051 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksuit View Post
Yeah, so people like you can lock us up for 10+ years. Great advice.
Rather be dead? And I looked the other way numerous times on “gun only” offenses. Jump on me for picking and choosing, fine. But I refused to allow GOOD people to be caught up in NY’s unconstitutional laws.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 11-25-2022, 08:37 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,031,771 times
Black on black homicide so BLM ignores it.

Old 11-25-2022, 09:06 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,031,771 times
ATV gang riders look like wild west villains with bandanas around their faces. Instead of horses they ride mopeds and 4 wheel drive off-road vehicles.

Old 11-25-2022, 09:27 AM

93 posts, read 41,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Don’t blame Airborneguy’s advice, blame the liberal NY laws. In a normal, sane municipality, one should be able to defend oneself from these packs of rabid animals. What do you suggest, just get beat to death like this guy?
You should be able to defend yourself here, but you can't. We live in an anarcho-tyrannical system here in 2022 America, especially here in NYC, and wishing it away doesn't actually make it go away.

What do I suggest? I suggest not getting out of your car to confront a mob of people who mean you harm and who are free to act without consequence.

Old 11-25-2022, 01:52 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city-confidant View Post
Eric Adams allows the ATV gangs to terrorize. Eric Adams is the ultimate cause of this murder.
Soft on crime made life more dangerous for people to no ones surprise. People are walking around with 20+ priors including violent offenses. They get arrested and are out quickly. Its been going on so long now even if officials reversed it all we would have a long road back. Truly a clown world, with idiots in power. Subways are getting worse too now that colder weather drives criminals and mentally ill underground.

Old 11-25-2022, 08:18 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
In my neck of the woods if someone attempts to break into my car whilst I am in the car I can legally shoot them right through my window. If there are multiple skells trying to get into my car I’m shooting and driving and if someone winds up under my wheels so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: