Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 09:28 AM

3,748 posts, read 3,483,286 times

Advertisements

What is the phrase? Reap what you sow?

https://www.audacy.com/1010wins/news...lZM9emtjuk4o_Q

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- A woman broke into the Upper East Side townhouse of Robert De Niro early Monday and tried to steal presents from under his Christmas tree while the Oscar-winning actor was home, sources told 1010 WINS on Monday.

Aviles—who was arrested on Dec. 8 for a half-dozen burglaries and then released—was taken to the 19th Precinct stationhouse. She has a history of burglary arrests.

No one at the home was injured, sources said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2022, 03:28 AM

16,150 posts, read 6,892,845 times
I was hoping he would pull a Jimmy from Goodfellas on her

"What did I say , don't buy errr, umm I mean........ Don't touch anything , don't touch anything! " hahahahaha.............. ( sarcasm )

Glad no one was hurt.

Old 12-20-2022, 06:21 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,135,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
I was hoping he would pull a Jimmy from Goodfellas on her

"What did I say , don't buy errr, umm I mean........ Don't touch anything , don't touch anything! " hahahahaha.............. ( sarcasm )

Glad no one was hurt.

Lol. Who wants to get on the bad side of a Don Corleone, Travis Bickle, Frank Sheeran and Jake Lamotta all wrapped into one.

Old 12-20-2022, 07:14 AM

18,481 posts, read 31,681,632 times
this is really something, and they say the woman, of color, of course, lets not forget that, because that's what most of the criminals are, (sadly) that has done this has been arrested like 30 times, something like that. 30 times!!!!

I guess the last 29 times didn't make her a better person.....or scare her a bit.
that's the problem, these repeat offenders are not afraid of being arrested and dont seem to care.

and people, wake up everyone.
something is wrong here with our system.
why do we hear the all these criminals have dozens of arrests and yet are back out on the streets doing the same thing.

how does anyone NOT freaking see this???????
do we really have a bunch of imbeciles here or what??? and our administration???? hello Hocul, you moron, Addams, idiot.

are you all going to let this woman out again, back on the streets???

what the hell is wrong with all of our administration, cant they fix this god dam it already.

Rudy fixed it, why can't the present administration just implement the same rules already.

What has Hocul done for us????, absolutely nothing, she is a moron.
Addams, do you something already.

Old 12-20-2022, 07:59 AM

4,199 posts, read 4,099,377 times
How did a not-very strong looking woman get into Deniro’s home? He should keep his doors locked.

Old 12-20-2022, 01:01 PM

5,852 posts, read 2,975,368 times
Now this is funny.
Glad it happened . Many more please.

Old 12-20-2022, 01:06 PM

2,987 posts, read 1,171,668 times
Robert De Niro is like 80 years old right!

Old 12-20-2022, 02:24 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,960,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Robert De Niro is like 80 years old right!
He's almost there (79). Great actor, wish he had stayed away from politics.

Old 12-20-2022, 02:37 PM

31,959 posts, read 27,083,716 times
How is this person still on the streets?

"It was unclear whether Ms. Aviles, who police officials said had been arrested on burglary charges many times, had targeted one of the planet’s best-known actors on purpose. Court records indicate that Ms. Aviles, who lives near Union Square in Manhattan, has been charged in at least six incidents this year alone.

Mod cut - copyright

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/19/n...-break-in.html

In Rudy G's day or even Bloomberg this piece of work would have been kept locked up where she belongs. But noooo, she's let out again and again to keep on doing what she has been doing.

Last edited by SeventhFloor; 12-20-2022 at 05:04 PM..

Old 12-20-2022, 02:45 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,960,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
How is this person still on the streets?

"It was unclear whether Ms. Aviles, who police officials said had been arrested on burglary charges many times, had targeted one of the planet’s best-known actors on purpose. Court records indicate that Ms. Aviles, who lives near Union Square in Manhattan, has been charged in at least six incidents this year alone.

Mod cut - copyright

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/19/n...-break-in.html

In Rudy G's day or even Bloomberg this piece of work would have been kept locked up where she belongs. But noooo, she's let out again and again to keep on doing what she has been doing.
Agreed. This is what happens when soft on crime liberals run the show. Even though Bloomberg was a Liberal Republican (at best) at least he had the good sense of keeping crime tamped down across the City.

Eric Adams ran on a centrist Democrat platform and I'm still willing to give him the benefit of doubt, however when it comes to prosecutors, there is little that he can do. I'm not sure what the way forward might be. I mean this woman has repeatedly broken into people's homes with little consequences.

At least she's breaking stereotypes of burglars being exclusively male

Last edited by SeventhFloor; 12-20-2022 at 05:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: