Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2023, 06:05 PM

12,790 posts, read 8,298,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I went to Marshall’s today to buy some summer t-shirts and 95% of shoppers weren’t wearing masks. So many people acting like life is normal. So many crazy people out there really think this is over. It gets me very upset.
Enough of this nonsense already. If you want to live your life acting like the world is coming to an end, go right on ahead. COVID is not over, but the treatments are good enough now that you can get it and not be killed. That's the major difference. You can walk outside tomorrow and be killed by a falling brick. All you can do is live your life, but I'm not living in fear. You must be one of the sheep out there ALONE in their car or walking outside double masked. It's just stupid at this point. If you're INSIDE with tons of people, I could perhaps understand, but at this point, the people outside doing this crap are just virtue signaling and it's nauseating.

You're not more righteous or better than anyone else because you wear a mask outside. Give me a break.

Old 05-29-2023, 06:27 PM

3,502 posts, read 1,413,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Enough of this nonsense already. If you want to live your life acting like the world is coming to an end, go right on ahead. COVID is not over, but the treatments are good enough now that you can get it and not be killed. That's the major difference. You can walk outside tomorrow and be killed by a falling brick. All you can do is live your life, but I'm not living in fear. You must be one of the sheep out there ALONE in their car or walking outside double masked. It's just stupid at this point. If you're INSIDE with tons of people, I could perhaps understand, but at this point, the people outside doing this crap are just virtue signaling and it's nauseating.

You're not more righteous or better than anyone else because you wear a mask outside. Give me a break.
What treatments?? Paxlovid that gives people Covid rebound?? Vaccines and boosters where people are still getting Covid anyway?? Face it, we have NOTHING to treat Covid and that’s the bad part!

Old 05-29-2023, 06:55 PM

12,790 posts, read 8,298,640 times
Quote:
What treatments?? Paxlovid that gives people Covid rebound?? Vaccines and boosters where people are still getting Covid anyway?? Face it, we have NOTHING to treat Covid and that’s the bad part!
Yeah. That's like expecting a treatment for the common cold or flu. Give me a break.

Old 05-29-2023, 08:26 PM

3,526 posts, read 5,707,021 times
Quote:
Its called your immune system.... we cant cure the common cold....... aka covid, the new common cold.

Old 05-29-2023, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
Its called your immune system.... we cant cure the common cold....... aka covid, the new common cold.
If our immune system is so great, why do we still get sick anyway??

Old 05-30-2023, 05:57 AM

Quote:
If our immune system is so great, why do we still get sick anyway??
you getting sick is your body reacting to the germ and killing it.......

if you didnt get sick, the germ would just kill you.

SMH

Old 05-30-2023, 06:05 AM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I really wonder at times what would have happened if the government said, we're not doing anything about it, just put on a mask if you want to, and go about your day

no doubt somebody would be complaining that nothing was done
In hindsight that's what should have been done. Certainly after the initial "only two weeks."

Old 05-30-2023, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
In hindsight that's what should have been done. Certainly after the initial "only two weeks."
This is exactly what should have been done... its not the governments place to tell us what to do.

Old 05-30-2023, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
you getting sick is your body reacting to the germ and killing it.......

if you didnt get sick, the germ would just kill you.

SMH
Ok, but the purpose of wearing a mask and taking precautions is to NOT get sick. Too much sickness is bad for your body and can cause long term, if not permanent, health problems.

Old 05-30-2023, 07:28 AM

106,703 posts, read 108,880,922 times
at this point we don’t take anymore precautions against this strain then we would the flu or a cold , despite us both spending weeks hospitalized with delta.

we dont even think about it much ..it’s on par with everything else out there we can get
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City