Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 12:52 PM

5,805 posts, read 2,934,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
The main issue why the deaths are going up is that drivers in NYC simply cannot drive, and they drive more dangerously and risky compared to other areas. It seems like some of them just legitimately do not know the rules of the road either. If you ever drive into NYC you will see all kinds of crazy sh*t happening literally every time you drive. You can probably see a dangerous driving moron roughly every 10-15 blocks, and that includes outer boroughs as well. NYC is literally the only place in the US where people honk at you if you come to a complete stop on a stop sign lol. With the way these people are driving, even 10 mph is too much to handle, they should just remove gas pedals from their cars.
Ok. We have immigrants who are used to be driving donkeys coming across and given licenses, because now anyone can get one coming here illegally, no matter if they were a killer, rapists, molester, drug dealer and now those are driving amongst us, the rest of the good driving folk have to endure the pain of the new regulations.
Then you have morons who who cant cross the street normally because their entitled face is planted inside the phone and they think the planet belongs to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2023, 01:36 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,704,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Ok. We have immigrants who are used to be driving donkeys coming across and given licenses, because now anyone can get one coming here illegally, no matter if they were a killer, rapists, molester, drug dealer and now those are driving amongst us, the rest of the good driving folk have to endure the pain of the new regulations.
Then you have morons who who cant cross the street normally because their entitled face is planted inside the phone and they think the planet belongs to them.
Technically the pedestrians do not have to follow the rules of the road, simply because they are not expected to even know them. Pedestrians include people without a license and kids. However, drivers are expected to know the rules of the road, since they have a license and passed a test for it. Just like a doctor carries a liability for treating a patient, not the patient themselves (they do not have a license to be a doctor), so is the driver carries the liability, since they are the ones licensed to drive. If you're driving such that you kill pedestrians on impact on residential NYC streets, perhaps it is indeed you who are at fault, since you are not following the rules.
What I am saying is, the drivers here in NYC simply do not follow the rules themselves, its not just pedestrians. If you can't handle driving at 25mph (and statistics show that indeed NYC drivers cannot), then do not be surprised if society will make it more strict. They will continue regulating it even more until people stop driving like wild animals.

Last edited by Gantz; 01-19-2023 at 01:47 PM..

Old 01-19-2023, 01:38 PM

50,246 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
DONT forget pedestrian stupidity and entitlement. They think they got a chance against a Tahoe, but the laws of physics don’t bend.
It's now legal in CA to jaywalk. A whole new brand of lawyer has been born to fleece "normal". We give out DL's to illegals. May as well put them in boxes of cracker Jax.

Old 01-19-2023, 08:13 PM

1,052 posts, read 452,022 times
Quote:
Wokeness really is a mind virus.

Meanwhile hordes of fresh illegal aliens rule the streets driving without licenses, without license plates and without literacy. Hey woke persons, how about statistics on people killed by illegal aliens in NYC? Don't wanna go there? I thought not.

Old 01-19-2023, 08:16 PM

Quote:
All comrades must walk or bike. Cars bad. Walking good. For the good of all comrades.
However, some comrades like comrade Hochul and comrade Adams are more equal than comrade peasants. They will be allowed to use cars.

Old 01-19-2023, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Just stop. All your posts are about this. Don't be mad at the people who come here wanting a better life. Be mad at the government. AND hating on people from other countries that come here does nothing. Put your energy into something else and actual make a difference in this world.
Pardon me, but every legal immigrant and citizen has every right to be mad, no, livid, at the fact that millions of people are coming in, cutting the line illegally and thinking they are owed something. And we also have a right to be furious at people like you who defend the indefensible and promote this blatant violation of our laws.

I want a better life too. I want to be a billionaire. Am I allowed to go walk into to a Manhattan penthouse and say I live here because I want a better life? Where does the absurdity end?

Old 01-19-2023, 08:40 PM

33,327 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
So what? I don’t live in the city and I have gotten tickets. Until they stop giving tickets to non residents, I have a right to not calm down.

At least you could probably go to traffic school if you wanted to......The last ticket I got was in NJ in the 2000s and I couldn't go to traffic school because I wasn't a resident of NJ, NY, nor CT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: