Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2023, 01:50 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times

Advertisements

I’ve been to the South and to the Midwest (my ex husband is midwestern) and I’ve been met with, “yes ma’am,” “let me get that for you” and, “God bless you.” I have been told that I have a thick NYC accent but other than that no one gives a crap.

Truth be told, I haven’t seen anything that depicts any more or less hatred than anything one would find in the northeast or any of the coastal States. To believe that southern or midwestern States are all composed of people who are unfriendly rednecks is the same as believing that everyone who comes from NYC is a criminal who doesn’t know anything about being self sustaining.

Old 04-12-2023, 04:30 PM

5,826 posts, read 2,948,440 times
NYC does have some of the most miserable and miserable looking people for sure. You don’t realize how unhappy people look until you go to other states.

Old 04-12-2023, 07:12 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
NYC does have some of the most miserable and miserable looking people for sure. You don’t realize how unhappy people look until you go to other states.
Who's fault is that?

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-12-2023, 09:17 PM

96 posts, read 35,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I’ve been to the South and to the Midwest (my ex husband is midwestern) and I’ve been met with, “yes ma’am,” “let me get that for you” and, “God bless you.” I have been told that I have a thick NYC accent but other than that no one gives a crap.

Truth be told, I haven’t seen anything that depicts any more or less hatred than anything one would find in the northeast or any of the coastal States. To believe that southern or midwestern States are all composed of people who are unfriendly rednecks is the same as believing that everyone who comes from NYC is a criminal who doesn’t know anything about being self sustaining.
The USA is a gigantic country. The most fantastic wonders of the world are here.

You make a terrible error to slam Ohio, which is the Bluegrass capital aside from Indiana maybe. You would make an error to slam bluegrass like too many people do.

There’s “rednecks” with huge chunks of ranch lands and they are not stupid just because they wear cowboy boots. There are affluent rednecks.

There are poor people across America and there always has been. There are dirty poor whites in Appalachia. There are hard working farmers across the midwest. Sure they have no knowledge about NYC but they do have their own culture that should not be under appreciated just because it is less sophisticated and less populated.

It is a mistake to diss rural Americans.

We have deserts and Everglades, grand canyons, temperate rain forests, and Alaska, Texas, Hawaii and Niagra Falls. This is the most incredible country there is. That includes Nebraska, Iowa, and any place most people consider blah.

But dont slam it. The woods are immensely valuable. Rural areas. City areas. Think of how big of a place we have, big enough to have so many dialects: the Boston voice, the NYC voice, the Tennesee twang, the mild Florida drawl, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan voice, up to Rocky Mountains and up to the coldest and darkest Alaskan winters. We are a bless country to have so much.

You people should learn to appreciate why everyone wants to come here. Don’t ever diss Ohio like Eric Adams did. I am positive of it. I have seen more than him.

Don’t ever be like Eric Adams. I can’t stand the guy.

Old 04-12-2023, 11:18 PM

96 posts, read 35,760 times
Most of our Interstates and major road networks originated by American Idians and whoever older than that that lived here.

There is ZERO of anything to poke fun about with Ohio. There is zero of anything to poke fun about with ANY of the US states no matter how unsophisticated dummies like Eric Adams claims.

That guy represents NYC as the dumbest big city people in the land. The guy is truly clueless about the United States and it would not matter if they toured him around for years on end: Eric Adams never would get it.

Eric Adams big NYC nose should stay right in Brooklyn and go nowhere else.

This is an immense country and Eric Adams is perhaps the least needed political power we need. Him and his destructive “black” friends like Lori Lightfoot (who has zero roots in Chicago) and Al Sharpton.

You are allowing the worst people imaginable take the helms over some of the richest lands possible.

Being born and raised in NYC basically makes you a very big city New Englander with an international airport and five Chinatowns. It’s a little minimization there but my point is never ever diss people in Montana. Never in Idaho. You know nothing about these places you just consider boring. Same with the Dakotas.

You and Eric Adams can eat ass with your diamond earrings hiding in white New Jersey while acting like a black mayor of this city.

He sucks you understand. He knows Jack about our country.

Old 04-13-2023, 01:11 AM

5,826 posts, read 2,948,440 times
Well said. I like it !
I wasn’t a fan of Bloomberg back then, but boy we did not know what garbage would follow after. He had more class and knowledge in his one finger than both Mayors put together after.

Old 04-13-2023, 06:08 AM

2,447 posts, read 1,220,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis69 View Post
The main problem with followers of the American Republican party is that most people believe that everything is rigged and corrupted. The most deranged Republicans believe to this day that 9/11 was an inside job.

Many posters who post here in favour of Trump have never been outside the Tri-State area, where the real heartland America lies. I know a few New Yorkers who moved to a red state and it was a complete culture shock for them.

During my visits to America I have always visited blue states. I don't want to have anything to do with that redneck culture.
Plenty of Dems still do also. The "truther" movement started on the left.

Old 04-14-2023, 06:29 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metamorphosis69 View Post
The main problem with followers of the American Republican party is that most people believe that everything is rigged and corrupted. The most deranged Republicans believe to this day that 9/11 was an inside job.

Many posters who post here in favour of Trump have never been outside the Tri-State area, where the real heartland America lies. I know a few New Yorkers who moved to a red state and it was a complete culture shock for them.

During my visits to America I have always visited blue states. I don't want to have anything to do with that redneck culture.
the righties of the republican party that are in here defending a twice impeached, publicly disgraced, criminally indicted former president, as if he's done nothing wrong. these people know better, they just wanna be "defiant".
had this been Obama, they would've stoned him to the cross, doused him with lighter fluid, and lit him on fire

Old 04-14-2023, 06:44 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,112,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
had this been Obama, they would've stoned him to the cross, doused him with lighter fluid, and lit him on fire
...had this been Obama nobody would have known about it because the media and the press would have hidden the story.

Old 04-14-2023, 07:28 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
...had this been Obama nobody would have known about it because the media and the press would have hidden the story.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City