Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 04:32 AM

43,792 posts, read 44,564,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
That's too bad that switch caused you to lose the access to channel 7, there news seemed to be pretty "standard" back in the day.
Even before that I never watched channel 7 news except on evening weekends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2023, 09:04 PM

543 posts, read 1,744,229 times
Rosanna Scotto still does it for me after all these years.

Old 04-21-2023, 06:42 AM

5,541 posts, read 7,135,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmiguel View Post
Rosanna Scotto still does it for me after all these years.
I love her.
I also used to love Jane Hansen from NBC, back in the 80's

Old 04-21-2023, 07:23 AM

2,467 posts, read 1,236,889 times
I'm a big fan of Teresa Priolo on Fox5 for two reasons.

Old 04-21-2023, 08:00 AM

5,168 posts, read 5,004,233 times
Headlines on CNN.com is my go to site for global news peeking.

For local news, I hop on this forum to browse for top NYC events in the backdrop of all free news titles that Bugsy ports over (which is usually comprehensive and leaves nothing behind, lol).

I have 3 TV sets at home but they are mostly off, unless I use them as wide screens to mirror a movie from my phone once in a while.

Old 04-21-2023, 09:27 AM

25,401 posts, read 37,156,668 times
Pretty much CBS news to get wearther and local disasters.

With cable news I listen occasionally to the Fascist channels (Fox, Newsmax) to see what the neo-Nazis are up to.
For believable political news I usually chose CNN. Although, in truth I am gettin SICK of political "news."

I channel surf a lot.

Old 04-21-2023, 11:10 AM

5,168 posts, read 5,004,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Pretty much CBS news to get wearther and local disasters.

With cable news I listen occasionally to the Fascist channels (Fox, Newsmax) to see what the neo-Nazis are up to.
For believable political news I usually chose CNN. Although, in truth I am gettin SICK of political "news."

I channel surf a lot.

CNN is my favorite (fake) news channel as well, but it doesn’t take much effort to figure out the truth between their lines and I enjoy the challenge of the reading and interpretation process…

Old 04-22-2023, 04:47 AM

43,792 posts, read 44,564,587 times
CNN is a biased news channel. So besides reading their headlines occasionally that come up in my newsfeed, I wouldn't consider watching them even if I had cable TV.

Old 04-23-2023, 09:33 AM

881 posts, read 617,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
It sounds very anti-semitic to me. There are plenty of news sources with internet that one can pick and choose what they want to rely on for their news sources.
I mean God is "anti-Semitic" -- clearly! -- but that's neither here nor there.

The issue is whether Jews actually do control the media or have such influence as to appear to have control.

And we're talking about "the news" as per O.P., not "internet news sources" whatever that means (blogs? Social media? Conspiracy websites??).

I know every Jew is expecting another Holocaust any day now which is why it's hard to talk about such matters honestly but the truth is that "the media" actually is owned and operated by people and when you look into it, it turns out that Jews are hugely over-represented compared to, say, their presence in the military (and even there they tend to be in management and civilian management at that).

Cohen-cidence??

Or Jews are just genetically/racially smarter???

Questioning the media means asking CVI BONO and of course that means owners and operators -- I say let the chips fall where they may.

Old 04-23-2023, 09:39 AM

881 posts, read 617,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
I'm a big fan of Teresa Priolo on Fox5 for two reasons.

I mean why else would anyone watch corporate and government propaganda...you should check out the mamacitasses on TV espagnol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: