Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2023, 11:51 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times

Advertisements

Countless billions spent on the welfare class, homeless and now citizens of other countries (illegals) with hardly any results to show for but yet we don’t have enough left to spend the on the decaying infrastructure. Thanks Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2023, 05:28 PM

1,055 posts, read 546,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Countless billions spent on the welfare class, homeless and now citizens of other countries (illegals) with hardly any results to show for but yet we don’t have enough left to spend the on the decaying infrastructure. Thanks Democrats.
The garage is private property, not a government responsibility.

These collapses always seen to happen after rain, so I suspect badly maintained roofing letting water into the buildings probably for years, is what ultimately causes the collapse.

Old 04-19-2023, 06:18 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
RIP ........

My opinion:
New York City is an old city and a crime infested city as well.
What's crime got to do with this....?

Old 04-19-2023, 06:23 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post

These collapses always seen to happen after rain, so I suspect badly maintained roofing letting water into the buildings probably for years, is what ultimately causes the collapse.
All buildings have to be up to code. Government responsibility is to enforce that code.

I thought all roofs since 2012 had to be "Sandy-proof!" One wonders whether that enforcement became lax, over the years.

Old 04-19-2023, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
All buildings have to be up to code. Government responsibility is to enforce that code.

I thought all roofs since 2012 had to be "Sandy-proof!" One wonders whether that enforcement became lax, over the years.
Yes, but code violations have little to do with"

"Countless billions spent on the welfare class, homeless and now citizens of other countries (illegals) with hardly any results to show for but yet we don’t have enough left to spend the on the decaying infrastructure. Thanks Democrats."

Old 04-19-2023, 09:11 PM

Quote:

I knew someone was just waiting to see if they can sound smart by bringing that up. Of course I know the parking garage is private, duh.

The city government through the DOB is suppose to evaluate, inspect and enforce all structures so this is clearly a failure by the city and I am saying that it is all part of infrastructure, whether it is public or private.

Old 04-19-2023, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Yes, but code violations have little to do with"

"Countless billions spent on the welfare class, homeless and now citizens of other countries (illegals) with hardly any results to show for but yet we don’t have enough left to spend the on the decaying infrastructure. Thanks Democrats."
Actually it does. Many government agencies need funds to operate at an adequate level. If any agency fails, then it usually means that it is understaffed/not properly funded due to the city robbing Peter to give to Paul. That is a characteristic of a failing government, things breaking down and falling apart. It is all interconnected but you wouldn’t understand that.

Old 04-19-2023, 10:40 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,049,675 times
The problem is greedy slimeloards who collect big money off of properties and invest virtually nothing back into the property. They were charging $12.67 per half hour to park there. But forget that, they had a monthly rate of $500. I haven't seen the actual number, but it's obvious that there were at least 100 parking spaces there. $500 x 100 = $50,000. Over a half a million dollars a year for a hundred year old dilapidated building, but the slimelords wouldn't even re-invest enough money on repairs to keep the building from falling down.

They could have probably afforded to tear it down and build a brand new modern parking structure there. But why do that when you can wait for the building to fall down, and get insurance to build a brand new building for you?

Old 04-20-2023, 04:47 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Plus these buildings are so old, maybe not maintained properly (?)

It is a terrible thing to have of happened.
A lot of older buildings in this city which are properly not well maintained as owners don't want to spend the money.

RIP to the garage manager who died!

Old 04-20-2023, 06:38 AM

"The problem is greedy slimelords who collect big money off of properties and invest virtually nothing back into the property."

"A lot of older buildings in this city which are properly not well maintained as owners don't want to spend the money."

Hear! Hear!

If you own a house you don't wait for the city to come by and tell you that you need a new roof or your bricks need repointing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: