Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2023, 03:57 PM

2,314 posts, read 1,148,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
He was in DC yesterday to petition for migrants to get working visas so I doubt it.

So the Adams Plan is to have the migrants take jobs from current New Yorkers. Lovely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2023, 08:12 PM

150 posts, read 87,385 times
I must say it’s already destroyed. The city doesn’t have the same energy and it’s just not okay for the children to walk around after dark. Ever since covid the city has gone downhill and i don’t see it ever changing back to the great vibrant city it was . Debalsio put the final dagger into the city’s beating heart .

“Last one out of NYC turn off the lights”

Old 04-23-2023, 09:20 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
I believe the working class has had enough.
They are leaving and taking their wealth with them
before anybody else has a chance to take it from them.

Old 04-23-2023, 09:23 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
I must say it’s already destroyed. The city doesn’t have the same energy and it’s just not okay for the children to walk around after dark. Ever since covid the city has gone downhill and i don’t see it ever changing back to the great vibrant city it was . Debalsio put the final dagger into the city’s beating heart .

That says it all. I Blame the voters

Old 04-23-2023, 10:11 PM

1,034 posts, read 671,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebb View Post

The city seems very much alive to me. I was in Manhattan on Saturday between 11am to 6pm in different neighborhoods - I’ve seen crowds in the parks, strolling, running, biking etc. crowds at bars/restaurants, out and about. Times Square was crowded enough. In fact it was so ‘busy’ that I was happy to come back to the relative calm of my neighborhood. Have you visited the city lately on a warm day? Have you been to Williamsburg or Astoria on a warm day? What would make it more vibrant for you ?

Old 04-24-2023, 04:11 AM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Growing up in forest hills in 90s I knew 110% that I would not be staying there once I started working.
I knew for sure I did not want to live in a building and I knew that even if I could afford the homes there the land was too small and I’d be to close to another house.
I didn’t move far enough unfortunately because of family ties, but iIm
Happy.

Old 04-24-2023, 06:38 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,257,375 times
Quote:
I don’t know how you define working class but they’re definitely not leaving NYC. The only people consistently leaving NYC now are retirees and those who make too much to qualify for welfare programs but not enough to live comfortably (for a family of 4 that’s probably in the $80 - $120K range).

Old 04-24-2023, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
The city seems very much alive to me. I was in Manhattan on Saturday between 11am to 6pm in different neighborhoods - I’ve seen crowds in the parks, strolling, running, biking etc. crowds at bars/restaurants, out and about. Times Square was crowded enough. In fact it was so ‘busy’ that I was happy to come back to the relative calm of my neighborhood. Have you visited the city lately on a warm day? Have you been to Williamsburg or Astoria on a warm day? What would make it more vibrant for you ?
It’s the same clowns who constantly yell that “NYC is dying”. These peope have a hard time comprehending that saying a city is “dying” that has a $100bn budget is laughable. Those tax receipts are coming from somewhere. If it was “dying”, the scumbag politicians would definitely not be able to spend $100bn.

Old 04-24-2023, 07:10 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
I don’t know how you define working class but they’re definitely not leaving NYC. The only people consistently leaving NYC now are retirees and those who make too much to qualify for welfare programs but not enough to live comfortably (for a family of 4 that’s probably in the $80 - $120K range).

Correct and In bold .

Contributing members of society are an important revenue stream that is dwindling for
the reasons you mentioned only to be replaced by Dependent Democratic Voters.
Just what the Democratic Politicians ordered. It is only a matter of time before I
separate myself from this abuse.

Old 04-24-2023, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Correct and In bold .

Contributing members of society are an important revenue stream that is dwindling for
the reasons you mentioned only to be replaced by Dependent Democratic Voters.
Just what the Democratic Politicians ordered. It is only a matter of time before I
separate myself from this abuse.
It’s not an important revenue stream though. Take a look at NYC tax receipts and see where they come from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City