Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2023, 07:47 AM

1,327 posts, read 1,669,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
As I understand things, though, the only reason why Carroll had a case was tied to defamation, so if Trump kept his mouth closed, then there would never have been a case, which puts the whole "liability" issue into a different light.
Yes! Once again Trump's big mouth is the source of all failures for Conservatives and Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2023, 08:42 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,041,803 times
Lets just be honest: By today's standards, everyone was guilty of sexual harassment back in the 1990's.

Old 05-10-2023, 11:09 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,184,506 times
And his numbers keep going up which is all that matters. The more people attack Trump, the more his poll numbers rise lmao

So Please keep going after him!

Old 05-10-2023, 12:08 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,092,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Lets just be honest: By today's standards, everyone was guilty of sexual harassment back in the 1990's.
But he said he never even met her (the 1980s photo notwithstanding). He could have said it was consensual but he denied that he was even in the store with her. Maybe his memory is fading or such encounters with strangers were so common he doesn’t remember specific women. I think he lost the case when two friends of hers testified she told them about the encounter when it happened. Why would two women commit perjury and lie about being told about the encounter? I think it’s reasonable that they did meet as she said but the question is whether it was rape, sexual abuse, completely consensual or even just flirting.

Old 05-10-2023, 03:56 PM

1,327 posts, read 1,669,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
And his numbers keep going up which is all that matters. The more people attack Trump, the more his poll numbers rise lmao

This decision is important because his political opponents can now legally describe him as a "sexual predator".

Old 05-10-2023, 04:02 PM

8,697 posts, read 11,091,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
This decision is important because his political opponents can now legally describe him as a "sexual predator".
can we call Biden a pedo?

Old 05-10-2023, 04:42 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,690,850 times
You know, whether you like Trump or dislike Trump, it's something to be proud of that New York is brave enough to persist with cases against a president, and that New Yorkers are brave enough to meet the challenge.

Old 05-10-2023, 04:46 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,690,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Still, sad that people would want to be governed by a convicted criminal. Luckily, it doesn't seem like most New Yorkers think that way. New York is pretty good about ousting elected official accused of misdeeds. And it helps that we're lucky to have so many journalists willing to investigates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Not a fan of Trump but come on now. How many more times is this stuff going to happen? A big time Democrat donor is behind some of this. Does that not raise questions for some of you Trump haters? Trump was a Democrat in the 80's and 90's and then runs for President and all the people he was talked about fondly hate him now. Schumer going on his reality TV show saying good things about him.
I think you'd be hard-pressed to find people in the last couple of decades who spoke fondly of him, especially in New York. There are some people who might flatter him just because he'll respond to that, but that's not the same thing. It's not as if he were Brooke Astor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Who is "Reid Hoffman?" He paid Jean Carrol's considerable legal expenses. Who was on the jury?
Surely you know that Trump himself raises money, far more than EJC, for his legal expenses.

Old 05-10-2023, 05:05 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,661,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post

LOL, that is so true.

I have been working in offices since 1979, and you are so right about that!!

OMG!! When I think of things I have heard and seen in offices, well, there would be a hell of a lot of guilty people.

Back in 2000 we had 2 sisters working in my office, (20 somethings), while walking up the stairs one of the sisters had pinched my tush and said something like, "oh papi chulo" , whatever, just something along those lines....of course it was done in fun, (as we are all friends) and (I am old enough to be her father) but I had to tell her nicely, "girl, you can't do things like that"....

To me, no harm, no foul, I know nothing of a sexual nature was meant as we all kid around, and this was the first office the girl had ever worked in....but in today's era, oh no, there would be a lawsuit....sadly.

that's the only time anything like that had ever happened to me.. (I guess I was sexually harassed, and didn't know it)....there, I told someone, now who gives me 5 million dollars????

Old 05-10-2023, 05:07 PM

11,526 posts, read 6,034,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
But he said he never even met her (the 1980s photo notwithstanding). He could have said it was consensual but he denied that he was even in the store with her. Maybe his memory is fading or such encounters with strangers were so common he doesn’t remember specific women. I think he lost the case when two friends of hers testified she told them about the encounter when it happened. Why would two women commit perjury and lie about being told about the encounter? I think it’s reasonable that they did meet as she said but the question is whether it was rape, sexual abuse, completely consensual or even just flirting.
You mean, like the women who committed perjury in the Kavanaugh hearing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City