Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2023, 05:42 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,193,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Still, sad that people would want to be governed by a convicted criminal. Luckily, it doesn't seem like most New Yorkers think that way. New York is pretty good about ousting elected official accused of misdeeds. And it helps that we're lucky to have so many journalists willing to investigates.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find people in the last couple of decades who spoke fondly of him, especially in New York. There are some people who might flatter him just because he'll respond to that, but that's not the same thing. It's not as if he were Brooke Astor.

Surely you know that Trump himself raises money, far more than EJC, for his legal expenses.
Hopefully NYC learned its lesson and will vote for Trump!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2023, 06:18 PM

6,697 posts, read 6,068,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

LOL, that is so true.

I have been working in offices since 1979, and you are so right about that!!

OMG!! When I think of things I have heard and seen in offices, well, there would be a hell of a lot of guilty people.

Back in 2000 we had 2 sisters working in my office, (20 somethings), while walking up the stairs one of the sisters had pinched my tush and said something like, "oh papi chulo" , whatever, just something along those lines....of course it was done in fun, (as we are all friends) and (I am old enough to be her father) but I had to tell her nicely, "girl, you can't do things like that"....

To me, no harm, no foul, I know nothing of a sexual nature was meant as we all kid around, and this was the first office the girl had ever worked in....but in today's era, oh no, there would be a lawsuit....sadly.

that's the only time anything like that had ever happened to me.. (I guess I was sexually harassed, and didn't know it)....there, I told someone, now who gives me 5 million dollars????
Omg your experience sounds awful lol

Back in late 1990s early 2000, one of my male bosses used to compliment me on looks all the time while he constantly talked about his dates in explicit ways, another one constantly put his hands on my shoulders and once offered to spoon feed me, and someone else told me that instead of giving me a college recommendation that instead I should pursue the love of a rich man.

Old 05-10-2023, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
But he said he never even met her (the 1980s photo notwithstanding). He could have said it was consensual but he denied that he was even in the store with her. Maybe his memory is fading or such encounters with strangers were so common he doesn’t remember specific women. I think he lost the case when two friends of hers testified she told them about the encounter when it happened. Why would two women commit perjury and lie about being told about the encounter? I think it’s reasonable that they did meet as she said but the question is whether it was rape, sexual abuse, completely consensual or even just flirting.
She should be heard but I also think she’s being used to grasp political strings. Many of these anti Trump people are capable of lying to achieve the goal of not having Trump as president. They would absolutely go nuts if he’s elected again. I mean when I say that they will go nuts if Trump is elected again it’s because they will go NUTS - worse than Neely on the train who was subdued by the marine!

Old 05-10-2023, 07:00 PM

41 posts, read 19,328 times
I figured she made false claims from the get go but once I saw her recent photo showboating “this is the exact outfit I wore at the Bergdorf dressing room that day” I knew undoubtedly she was just a scraggly old hag who was selected to become involved in another political scandal against Trump.

It is like Trump is the new Hitler. 50 years from now what Trump actually did in his life will look completely different than what the history books will tell everyone. Trump might become the next most evil man in history.

Old 05-10-2023, 07:31 PM

30,705 posts, read 18,349,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonBklyn View Post
I figured she made false claims from the get go but once I saw her recent photo showboating “this is the exact outfit I wore at the Bergdorf dressing room that day” I knew undoubtedly she was just a scraggly old hag who was selected to become involved in another political scandal against Trump.

It is like Trump is the new Hitler. 50 years from now what Trump actually did in his life will look completely different than what the history books will tell everyone. Trump might become the next most evil man in history.
Well, if people (somewhat dubiously) say that this civil verdict means that the jury believes that Trump assaulted Carroll, it also means that the jury did not believe that Trump raped Carroll as they explicitly found against that claim by Carroll. I write dubiously as the belief or disbelief are explicitly tied to defamation; without the defamation angle, there is no independent claim of assault, etc. here.

Old 05-10-2023, 08:14 PM

41 posts, read 19,328 times
So this claim was from the 1980’s and then she decidedly kept her Monica Lewibski dress and story and then waited 40+ Years to bring the incident to light? Meanwhile look at how obviously Trumps political opponents have been suing him. Cmon.

And honestly Trump has always been in his own affluent world of dating. He has always been ultra rich and connected. It’s barely the same thing as most people,

I do not have all the facts or anything but my gut says this is a total lie.

Old 05-10-2023, 08:39 PM

34,169 posts, read 47,434,105 times
I don't believe it

He can just buy women like Stormy and avoid all this, so why would he touch her

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-10-2023, 09:53 PM

Also - this Jean person is not the best looking girl and Trump the narcissist/misogynist has to have women with extreme beauty and or exotic looks. This woman meets none of those criteria.

Old 05-11-2023, 07:17 AM

18,497 posts, read 31,713,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Omg your experience sounds awful lol

Back in late 1990s early 2000, one of my male bosses used to compliment me on looks all the time while he constantly talked about his dates in explicit ways, another one constantly put his hands on my shoulders and once offered to spoon feed me, and someone else told me that instead of giving me a college recommendation that instead I should pursue the love of a rich man.

and yet, somehow, some way I was still able to function and continue on with life, have healthy relationships and so on and so on......go figure who woulda thought

Old 05-11-2023, 07:28 AM

25,405 posts, read 37,165,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
to bad it wasn’t a criminal case
Too bad it wasn't a CAPITAL criminal case.

P.S. It is IMPOSSIBLE to defame Donald Trump in the same way it is impossible to defame Adolph Hitler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City