Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 07:49 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
lol You misunderstood. Whole Foods has a place a few blocks from there, so they're direct competition and cheaper for the lunch crowd. There are just too many options nearby in terms of good food. That whole place needs a revamp in terms of options to distinguish it and I agree with the vendors... They need to get the skells out of there first and foremost.
Place had skells for at least 30 years, that train station was never the best to begin with

I'm familiar with "Fulton Center" since the early 1990s

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2024, 10:22 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
It’s amazing to me that the absolutely worst poster in the NYC forum is actually its moderator and nothing ever gets done about it.
Isn't it, though?

Old 04-01-2024, 10:04 AM

3,183 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Chik-Fil-A would kill in Fulton Center, but they're already killing it in their own space up the block
Years ago when I worked downtown, I would never step foot in CFA. The only ppl that does are the transplants who are still afraid to eat street food or ethnic dives. Why do people come to live in NYC if they are afraid of diversity? I prefer the old Fulton street food instead of so many overpriced and nasty franchise places like Sticky's Chicklen tenders.

Old 04-01-2024, 10:09 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Years ago when I worked downtown, I would never step foot in CFA. The only ppl that does are the transplants who are still afraid to eat street food or ethnic dives. Why do people come to live in NYC if they are afraid of diversity? I prefer the old Fulton street food instead of so many overpriced and nasty franchise places like Sticky's Chicklen tenders.
Chik-Fil-A is new to NYC however, the one closest to my houses is always crowded.

But this is exactly why I'm proposing for an international food court

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-01-2024, 01:05 PM

1,239 posts, read 311,180 times
Quote:
Chik-Fil-A is new to NYC however, the one closest to my houses is always crowded.

But this is exactly why I'm proposing for an international food court
Are you going to subsidize their rent?

Old 04-01-2024, 04:07 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,704,398 times
Quote:
-Southern food
-Puerto Rican food
-Trinidadian food
-Chinese food (real Chinese food)
-Jamaican food
-West African food
-Irish food
-Italian food
-Indian food
Those places operate on too low margins for Fulton center rents.
That whole place sucks. From the layout to the dark lighting, to the anti-homeless barriers with no seats, to the actual homeless and the smells.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City