Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 11:34 AM

45 posts, read 6,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Boy , a big F to MTA and this city that lets em come up with this *. This congestion pricing Monster was created by greed and bad policy. Paying too many people to think up this * . While the 4 other boros could keep being worker bee slaves to the gobermint.

Let Uber/lift ,citi bike, bus and bike lanes, and the rest of the nonsense get approved and applauded. These are the vicious smoke and mirrors created years ago to * Joe Public and his fam!!!

And the MT *A gets to call the shots????? Hows about stop paying people to think, place an extra tax on Uber CitiBike Amazon blue vans ? * them and the hole they came out of!!!

Convinience (to make people lazy and give in) is the kool aid being offered. Lets get back to the good old days where you must go out and buy stuff, walking.

Cant really blame people concealing their plates, or going unlicensed electric.
The city literally let 100K+ Uber/Lyfts infest the city daily annd take business away from the MTA and then they claim we have too much congestion so we need a tax. No one sees the game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2024, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Part of the thing that I don't hear people discussing is what this will mean beyond Manhattan. Government getting a taste of a new revenue stream is only going to think about how to further grow that source. "Congestion pricing" will be coming to an outer borough near you in the coming years. Mark my words.
This is virtually a certainty.

Old 05-03-2024, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Since most people believe that congestion pricing is not being implemented to solve traffic issues, this brings a question to mind

What are some ways that NYC can actually reduce congestion in heavily vehicular trafficked areas, cheaply?
Properly rework traffic patterns and improve infrastructure across NYC. It would be a huge undertaking that would span upwards of a decade if done without the usual NYC union drag out a job 5x and that is why the **** for brains we have as so called leaders don’t even want to begin to discuss it.

Instead the **** for brains we have working for the city are literally dropping stop signs and stop lights on every corner.

I’m not lying when I say that the city is actively making traffic worse and more dangerous by complicating patterns all across the city.

The first 3 months of 2024 have seen the most pedestrian deaths since 2014.

Old 05-03-2024, 11:55 AM

34,135 posts, read 47,363,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJewNYC View Post
Properly rework traffic patterns and improve infrastructure across NYC. It would be a huge undertaking that would span upwards of a decade if done without the usual NYC union drag out a job 5x and that is why the **** for brains we have as so called leaders don’t even want to begin to discuss it.

Instead the **** for brains we have working for the city are literally dropping stop signs and stop lights on every corner.

I’m not lying when I say that the city is actively making traffic worse and more dangerous by complicating patterns all across the city.

The first 3 months of 2024 have seen the most pedestrian deaths since 2014.
Explain it to me like I'm in kindergarten. What does reworking traffic patterns consist of?

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-03-2024, 12:56 PM

35,182 posts, read 17,102,781 times
Quote:
Explain it to me like I'm in kindergarten. What does reworking traffic patterns consist of?
Well for starters restore many of the lanes that have been excised for bike and bus lanes, and removed obstructing planters from blocks like 43rd Street. To some extent this traffic nightmare appears to be deliberate.

Old 05-03-2024, 12:57 PM

On Wednesday the Town of Hempstead joined the volley of lawsuits aimed at stopping congestion pricing.

Old 05-03-2024, 02:13 PM

34,135 posts, read 47,363,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Well for starters restore many of the lanes that have been excised for bike and bus lanes, and removed obstructing planters from blocks like 43rd Street. To some extent this traffic nightmare appears to be deliberate.
I gave Reps. At least you put some thought.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-03-2024, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I gave Reps. At least you put some thought.
Thanks. As far as 43rd Street goes I had breakfast on that block on my way to Court. I have always wondered who in their right mind would deliberately gel up traffic outside Grand Central Terminal. See Item No. 8 on this OP, Does NYC Mayor and Transportation Dept. deliberately gel up traffic?Is there some mad genius planning, or political correctness at work? Are they creating the "congestion" to justify "congestion pricing", so politicians have more money to spend?

Old 05-03-2024, 05:18 PM

8,700 posts, read 11,099,735 times
Quote:
Limit the Uber cars out there. I noticed Uber vehicles floods NYC streets contributing to congestion. Excess Uber vehicles could be a contributor to their protest of not a livable wage.

At least yellow cabs are limited by the medallians that TLC doles out limit the flood of cabs out there.

Old 05-03-2024, 07:24 PM

14,065 posts, read 13,977,144 times
I heard delivery to Manhattan will cost more business going raise their price to offset the cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City