Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 07:26 PM

101 posts, read 162,966 times

Advertisements

My parents will visit me from China next week. What kind of things do I need to take them to see in NYC? I am thinking of Empire State Building, Liberty Goddess, Chinatown, Chinese Consulate, bull statue in Wall Street. That's enough?

Also, what are some good Chinese restaurants in NYC I can take my parents to eat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 07:29 PM

224 posts, read 957,576 times
Perhaps you could get your answers by Googling New York City. I'll bet the house there are pages and pages of stuff to see in NYC.

Try Chinatown in downtown lower Manhatten. Chinatown and Little Italy kind of about with each other. Also try the Upper East Side, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Station, the Bronx Zoo, Broadway and the theater district, Harlem, Guggenheim Museum, Museum of Modern Art, Haden Planetarium, Museum of Natural History.......

Old 09-15-2008, 07:43 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,576,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saobi View Post
My parents will visit me from China next week. What kind of things do I need to take them to see in NYC? I am thinking of Empire State Building, Liberty Goddess, Chinatown, Chinese Consulate, bull statue in Wall Street. That's enough?

Also, what are some good Chinese restaurants in NYC I can take my parents to eat?
Empire State recommended. A city tour on one of the double decker buses is also great. Can't tell you a whole lot about the Chinese Consulate - actually in all my lengthy years in the city, I never knew that that was also a point of interest to tourists. Chinese restaurants are pretty much everywhere. I guess it depends on the cuisine they might like - Cantoneses? Hunan? Szechaun?

Welcome to Mom and Pop to the Big Apple.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:08 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,948,630 times
I highly recommend the Metropolitan Museum of Art, as well as the Museum of Modern Art. There's nothing like them in China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City