Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 11:52 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,162,859 times

Advertisements

third & long nyc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,912 times
I just had it in NYC this weekend at a Pub one block outside Washington Square by NYU...sorry don't remeber the name of the pub, but it featured beers from around the world, and had a ton of college age "kids". The pear cider was divine! yum!

Old 10-11-2011, 01:24 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,592,416 times
The original name is perry, not pear cider. Perhaps some internet searching might show you a perry vendor.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM

57 posts, read 132,147 times
Kopperberg also do a mixed fruit flavor and also strawberry and lime. They are much better than the pear. Well they have them in the UK. They are very popular.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,815 times
You can find it in Brooklyn at a beer warehouse (can't remember the name) but it's somewhere in Bushwick/Bedstuy. Might be able to find it at the Beer wholesale spot on Meeker in Williamsburg as well. It's getting more popular in Brooklyn so some bars may be carrying it as well. It's really good.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,760 times
I had my first Kopparberg's Pear Cider this past weekend at Five Napkin Burger on 9th Avenue at 44th Street. It was deliciously tasty, particularly for someone like me who doesn't love beer and prefers sweet tasting beverages. The only problem was that a 500 ml bottle cost $12, plus a $2 tip, a price I can't see paying regularly.

I have begun trying to find a retail establishment in Manhattan where I can buy a few bottles of this stuff. That's how I came across this blog request and am responding. I did find several e-tailers who'll ship the bottles to your home, but the combined cost of the beverage and the delivery deterred me from acting on it. Another site I came across showed that Duane Reade Drug Stores in several locations in Manhattan carry this brand. But, when I visited my neighborhood Duane Reade (which was listed as carrying it on that website), the manager told me the info was inaccurate and the store had never carried that product.

Finally, I have submitted a direct request on Kopparberger's own website in which I asked for the names of any retail outlets in Manhattan (e.g. Zabar's, Fairway, etc.) where I might purchase this beverage at a non-marked-up price. We'll see if I get a helpful reply, but I'm at the same place that Mookie3333 was when she started this string of messages.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:53 AM

1 posts, read 3,704 times
Default Ashton's Bar and Grill in midtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie3333 View Post
I am looking for an import Cider called: Kopparberg's Pear Cider, an import from Sweden. Does anyone know where this can be found in the city? I made a bet with a friend, saying that New York is such a great city, and anything can be found here! Now I hope I can keep my word? I've checked quite a few places and none have it. Thanks in advance!
- It's served at Ashton's in midtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: