Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 06:40 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,944,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKirby View Post
Great point Miles! The Chinese and other Asians have begun to take over Toronto, Vancouver, San Francisco Bay area, Los angeles, Houston, and pretty much all of Orange County, CA. Looks like they're trying to take over North Queens right now, lol. Thats like the top 5 metros in N. america.
I do believe Miles was being sarcastic....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 07:37 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
I do believe Miles was being sarcastic....
Indeed I was, Viralmd. I thought that it was evident, but apparently not so for at least one poster - thanks for clarifying it for him/her..

Old 01-20-2009, 09:23 PM

466 posts, read 1,625,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Indeed I was, Viralmd. I thought that it was evident, but apparently not so for at least one poster - thanks for clarifying it for him/her..
you may be sarcastic, but it will be true my friend, we'll see, we'll see.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:42 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:
you may be sarcastic, but it will be true my friend, we'll see, we'll see.
I think, SuperKirby, that if immigrants from a certain area come here and begin to open shops that cater to people from that area and they continue speaking the language of their homeland while on "our" soil, you are going to see it as "taking over." Others may see it simply for what it is: immigrants coming to this country to live, work, enjoy and prosper.

What country did your ancestors come from? Or are you Native American?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:51 PM

657 posts, read 1,632,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I think, SuperKirby, that if immigrants from a certain area come here and begin to open shops that cater to people from that area and they continue speaking the language of their homeland while on "our" soil, you are going to see it as "taking over." Others may see it simply for what it is: immigrants coming to this country to live, work, enjoy and prosper.

Couldn't of said it better.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:

France actually, but my friends and I live in a Chinese area so we always joke around about them taking over the world! lol.
If it does happen, we wont see it in our lifetime though.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:

Well put.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Great point Miles! The Chinese and other Asians have begun to take over Toronto, Vancouver, San Francisco Bay area, Los angeles, Houston, and pretty much all of Orange County, CA. Looks like they're trying to take over North Queens right now, lol. Thats like the top 5 metros in N. america.
What's your definition of "taking over?" Last time I checked those referenced areas were still predominantly white.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
What's your definition of "taking over?" Last time I checked those referenced areas were still predominantly white.
the last time i checked (back in 1800's) San Francisco and California was predominantly white. they takin over slowly.

the only thing missing from the Asians, are numbers! the more they come, the more they will take over! they are already the richest people in the US! ahh!

Asian American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-05-2009, 11:46 PM

ya know i don't mean any of this literally, im just having fun with stereotypes and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City