Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,092 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I live in England and I really want to move to new york, I have a degree in psychology and a masters in health psychology. I would love to move to new york to work, be it for 6 months or a year. Im having trouble finding places to apply to I dont mind what kinda job it is, psychology related would obviously be great but i really dont care! as long as the pay is ok 2 get by on! Can anyone reccomend some recruitment sites? also what kind of visa would I need and how would I obtain one? Any help would be much appreciated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 08:51 PM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupa View Post
Hi everyone! I live in England and I really want to move to new york, I have a degree in psychology and a masters in health psychology. I would love to move to new york to work, be it for 6 months or a year. Im having trouble finding places to apply to I dont mind what kinda job it is, psychology related would obviously be great but i really dont care! as long as the pay is ok 2 get by on! Can anyone reccomend some recruitment sites? also what kind of visa would I need and how would I obtain one? Any help would be much appreciated...
Rupa, I think you should first focus on the visa issue. I suggest you contact a U.S. Consulate in England regarding this matter. Clearly state there that you'd like to work/live in the USA before embarking on job hunting.

Best.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:16 PM

749 posts, read 2,455,505 times
Not to rain on your parade, but it's next to impossible to get sponsored for a work visa in NYC right now. The labor pool is already full of overqualified Americans and companies have their pick of top talent. To get sponsored here you have to prove you can do a job that no other American who wants the job can do - that's pretty tough in this job market.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:48 PM

4 posts, read 8,162 times
befriend
befriend
Rupa, I know its been a while but did you ever move to NYC as Im in exactly the same position. Just graduated Criminology/Psychology and want to move desperately to NYC...
Can you guide me, if you got through.

Cheers

Old 05-12-2011, 12:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,863 times
Hi Juds

Did u go to NYC in the end? Would like some advice....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City