Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2009, 12:48 PM

372 posts, read 830,215 times

Advertisements

tony rodriquez said AWOL and APP are not to be used like water anymore....more then one AWOL and its goes to oath and they will terminate you APP they want real proof and for instance no child care they will call your spouse and do some digging around he said...gotta love when he talks about how good the job used to be 25 years ago and how he says we are ruining the job....

Old 07-28-2009, 05:20 PM

200 posts, read 576,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
tony rodriquez said AWOL and APP are not to be used like water anymore....more then one AWOL and its goes to oath and they will terminate you APP they want real proof and for instance no child care they will call your spouse and do some digging around he said...gotta love when he talks about how good the job used to be 25 years ago and how he says we are ruining the job....
He is right about the job being ruined.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:52 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack199 View Post
i took the last sanitation test, i scored a100, my number is 3240. i took my physical. how loong will it take to get hired? does anyone have an answer for me???? i also took the bus operator exam. my number is 3400, does anyone know if they move pretty quick
You took exam #8006 last year right? that is a much shorter list than dsny, just 3,757 passed the B/O exam last year. More people failed then passed it,you just barely made it. They are halfway through the exam before ours (#5025). They should start from our list next spring. In your case you are looking at a 2-3 yr wait at the very least.

On average they go through 300-400 list numbers to get 1 class(105).

Old 07-28-2009, 06:18 PM

156 posts, read 370,185 times
junior guys stay INFORMED and PREPARED...we've all seen the changes to the job even in our short time OTJ, and there have been rumblings for a while now that Fiscal Year 2011 is what we REALLY need to worry about...Bloomberg will buy his re-election in November, and then there will be a $5 billion budget hole to fill by July 1st, 2010..."noticeable service cuts" has been thrown around...not only that, but once Bloomberg gets 4 more years, that's when the Tier 5 battle vs. the unions will really begin...fresh off re-election, and facing a $5 billion budget deficit, Bloomberg will definitely go to war for pension reform...remember, Bloomberg has laid off sanitation workers before in an economic climate that wasn't as bad as what we face now...hopefully we'll make it through this as we have so far, but be prepared early for anything

here's the article from 2 weeks ago, I've posted this in this thread before...

As $5 billion budget deficit looms, Mayor Bloomberg will have to yell, Cut!

and this is a new article is from today...

MAYOR BLOOMBERG AND BILL THOMPSON AGREE THAT $5B BUDGET GAP WILL BE HARD TO CLOSE - New York Post

The mayor conceded what Thompson and other fiscal monitors have been warning for months: that the $5 billion-plus budget gap projected for the next fiscal year will be particularly difficult to close.
With past surpluses depleted, the comptroller said the most likely options included "noticeable service cuts or tax increases."

Old 07-28-2009, 09:32 PM

2 posts, read 10,542 times
I took test 6063 and scored 103.5 and my list # is 1465, I have a prior felony conviction and was wondering if that would automatically disqualify me from the dsny, Can somebody with some knowledge or an individual with a similar experience reply and let me know. thank you

Old 07-28-2009, 09:42 PM

243 posts, read 682,030 times
no problem as long as you paid your debt to society and you have the papers to prove it your good to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanchez523 View Post
I took test 6063 and scored 103.5 and my list # is 1465, I have a prior felony conviction and was wondering if that would automatically disqualify me from the dsny, Can somebody with some knowledge or an individual with a similar experience reply and let me know. thank you

Last edited by nomad397; 07-28-2009 at 11:00 PM..

Old 07-28-2009, 09:49 PM

335 posts, read 747,853 times
Quote:
Your good. As long as you have the papers proving that you paid your debt to society in whatever form that it comes in (jail time, fine, probation..etc).

Old 07-28-2009, 09:50 PM

335 posts, read 747,853 times
Quote:
wow i have the same score but my list number is 552.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:06 PM

2 posts, read 10,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad397 View Post
no problem as long as you paid your debt to societt and yu have the papers to prove it your good to go.
thanks for the positive info, i've been a little worried about it. I asked a few people and have gotten mixed responses so i appreciate the info. what steps do you think i should take from here on so i can speed up the process if/when they decide to call me. ive allready tooken my physical test but do not cdl permit i hope to get that in the next couple of months. And regarding the 5 points for nyc residency i checked off when i took the test. i was actually an inmate of the state when i took the test i was on work release , the only documents i have stating i was a resident at the time of the test was my discharge papers from prison . do you think those papers are valid and if they are?, would it be bright to bring up the fact that i was in prison during the time the test was issued?

Old 07-28-2009, 11:02 PM

243 posts, read 682,030 times
i'm sure that will be fine. if you really want to know just call dcas 212-669-7000 or 212-669-1357 i forgot which one

Quote:
thanks for the positive info, i've been a little worried about it. I asked a few people and have gotten mixed responses so i appreciate the info. what steps do you think i should take from here on so i can speed up the process if/when they decide to call me. ive allready tooken my physical test but do not cdl permit i hope to get that in the next couple of months. And regarding the 5 points for nyc residency i checked off when i took the test. i was actually an inmate of the state when i took the test i was on work release , the only documents i have stating i was a resident at the time of the test was my discharge papers from prison . do you think those papers are valid and if they are?, would it be bright to bring up the fact that i was in prison during the time the test was issued?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City