Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2014, 03:17 PM

17 posts, read 35,596 times

Advertisements

I got my letter yesterday to report to 180 Livingston street in Brooklyn for pre-interview, and medical examination. My list number is 30XX. Is everyone doing both on the same day, or are some people having to come back for the medical? Additionally, it is mentioned in the letter that if you have/had an out of state driving licence for the last 30 days or more that you are to bring an abstract driving record or something like that. Does TO require this, and if so what is required the three year driving record or the ten year driving record? My current licence is issued through Pennsylvania as I have been living, attending university, working here for a couple of years now.

Thank you in advance for answering,

Pregunta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 04:16 PM

67 posts, read 117,684 times
Its the initial DT 1st, then if everything is in order, you pass your DT, then your get the call back for medical & final processing. The gentleman there was very insightful. Told me that I MUST BE AS ACCURATE & TRUTHFUL on my 21 page booklet. It's worse if they have to pull you out of school due to discrepancies.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:59 PM

98 posts, read 191,211 times
Did they say the would respond if you fail or pass?
And by what means a letter or phone call?

Old 06-13-2014, 09:49 PM

It's by phone call from here on out. No matter what.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:56 PM

11 posts, read 34,100 times
Hey everyone, a quick update on my status. I just finished school car. Im on my way to switching for 3 weeks now. School car was intense, don't take any quiz for granted! Pay attention to the TSS's, they are all knowledgeable. Don't wait till the last 2 weeks to study signals. Study every signal, everyday if possible. Read the rules, bulletins, and induction books. If the TSS gives HW, DO IT!! Do this and you will pass...

Old 06-15-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANCHO1519 View Post
Hey everyone, a quick update on my status. I just finished school car. Im on my way to switching for 3 weeks now. School car was intense, don't take any quiz for granted! Pay attention to the TSS's, they are all knowledgeable. Don't wait till the last 2 weeks to study signals. Study every signal, everyday if possible. Read the rules, bulletins, and induction books. If the TSS gives HW, DO IT!! Do this and you will pass...
Good advice. Cant wait for my call. Once I finally get a start date, I'm going to have to go back in time and get my mind ready, considering I havent been in a classroom in 20 years. Truthfully, been preparing for this since I got my score back in 2010.

Old 06-16-2014, 11:08 AM

98 posts, read 191,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANCHO1519 View Post
chancho how many questions was the signal test and was it hard?

Old 06-17-2014, 08:08 AM

220 posts, read 220,725 times
Hey everyone I was arrested 14 years ago from post office for misdeamenor charge ....being it's a federal case should I report it and will it effect my train operator status.......I do hold a twic card and haz mat endorcement both checked out by the fbi

Old 06-17-2014, 08:34 AM

220 posts, read 220,725 times
Hello

Old 06-17-2014, 08:13 PM

It is definitely a must to disclose it. They ask if you have ever been arrested, charged & convicted of a crime. Period. Didn't matter what it is/was, it's asked.They even want to know if you have outstanding moving traffic violations, suspensions. Unpaid parking tickets that directly affect you. It must be told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City