Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:00 PM

242 posts, read 1,184,792 times

Advertisements

I dont know much about the Ingersoll Houses themselves, but I recently moved to Fort Greene and I find it to be a great neighborhood. I regularly walk my dog in and around the park alone at 10-12 pm and have never had any issues at all (I'm an early 20s white female). Plus pretty much anything you need can be found on Myrtle ave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 10:38 AM

423 posts, read 1,281,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knh39 View Post
I dont know much about the Ingersoll Houses themselves, but I recently moved to Fort Greene and I find it to be a great neighborhood. I regularly walk my dog in and around the park alone at 10-12 pm and have never had any issues at all (I'm an early 20s white female). Plus pretty much anything you need can be found on Myrtle ave.
I know people that have been robbed at gunpoint in daylight at the park near the projects...

Old 01-09-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andez View Post
I know people that have been robbed at gunpoint in daylight at the park near the projects...

Near Fort Greene park? Recently? The neighborhood has changed a ton in recent years from what I hear.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:51 PM

This article is interesting. The interactive map lets you zoom in on exactly where each robbery occurred. Click on the green spot things and it details the crime. Most of them seem relatively minor to me.
Crime Map 2009: Robberies - The Local – Fort-Greene Blog - NYTimes.com

Old 01-09-2010, 01:47 PM

423 posts, read 1,281,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knh39 View Post
Near Fort Greene park? Recently? The neighborhood has changed a ton in recent years from what I hear.
Yep, I used to go to Brooklyn Technical High School and I know of 5 students that were robbed at gunpoint at the park. I know of many others that were robbed in the area around the school. Then again, as someone told me it's probably because of the amount of high school students in the area at around 3pm - 4 pm that these robberies happen often.

Oh yeah, this was just last year (2009). The reason they don't show up on the map is because they most likely didn't report the robberies.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 AM

98 posts, read 391,122 times
i as have been given ingersoll as a choice did any of you pick this complex?

Old 01-24-2011, 05:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,343 times
i chose ingersoll houses when i recieved my listing i know when i went past the area it didnt look to bad on myrtle but im from no where near fort greene and im kind of scared because i recently heard that ingersoll houses are currently being renovated and there were alot of drug deals going on in the vacant apartments in the buildings so i was kind of dissapointed when i learned this information. Also im worried because i have a daughter who is 2 years old . Does anyone know someone or maybe live around the area who could give me advice ???

Old 01-27-2011, 11:43 AM

98 posts, read 391,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymel View Post
i chose ingersoll houses when i recieved my listing i know when i went past the area it didnt look to bad on myrtle but im from no where near fort greene and im kind of scared because i recently heard that ingersoll houses are currently being renovated and there were alot of drug deals going on in the vacant apartments in the buildings so i was kind of dissapointed when i learned this information. Also im worried because i have a daughter who is 2 years old . Does anyone know someone or maybe live around the area who could give me advice ???
I have picked ingersoll as well i went off the advice of people that currently live or near the area... First off u are right downtown brooklyn, Every store u can think of is down there, target, pathmark, oldnavy, childrens place, about a 4 blocks walk. every train 2,3,4,5,A,B,C,D,F,R,N there is Macy's 2 blocks down as well as many other stores. there is brooklyn hospital, LIU
(i went there) and they just open Pier 6 a awesome park for the kids my daughters loves the water park, schools in area i heard are great. When i went to check the area people said good morning and it is a pretty mixed area. The only down thing was i saw only one store right across the street other than that u will be walking about 3 blocks to the nearest store which sucks. I called yestarday and ingersoll had just received my app so i am almost on my way to apt. When did u send in your Listing? Hope the info helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: