Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 05:10 PM

39 posts, read 65,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Charge View Post
A3 just means you can only drive municipal (i.e. Sanitation) vehicles or school buses, completely accepted for this job. If you know your orientation is Thursday, shouldn't the information you ask for be on the same letter that told you when your orientation is. You do need your call letter when you go for orientation.

They mailed my letter to the wrong address, Sanitation H.R. sent out a new letter this past tuesday to my new address. I havent recieved it yet. I only know my orientation is thursday because the H.R. woman looked me up and told me so.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:44 PM

146 posts, read 280,658 times
128* here and still no letter i will let you guys know if i receive anything this week

Old 08-08-2011, 10:23 AM

146 posts, read 280,658 times
ok i got an update for everyone...I just called DSNY HR and the lady said they sent out letters into the 1700's and she said i should be goin for aug 22 around there with my list # 128* and if i dont receive my letter by the end of this week to call back,so for everyone waiting with a list # close to mine check your mail cause you should have something so post it up here for all of us to see GOOD LUCK to all just made my day

Old 08-08-2011, 01:41 PM

51 posts, read 101,512 times
Hey guys a quick update. A friend of mine was in orientation today he said 30 people showed and half of that had no permit. The lowest number was 777 and the highest was 870.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:47 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,061,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egotrip View Post
Hey guys a quick update. A friend of mine was in orientation today he said 30 people showed and half of that had no permit. The lowest number was 777 and the highest was 870.
Hard to believe that people with low list numbers like that still don't have their stuff together after all this time. Thanks for the update.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:55 PM

245 posts, read 385,986 times
Hey everyone, Ive been reading this blog for a while not but never posted anything until now. I just got off the phone with HR and the guy said I should be recieving my info in the mail at the end of the month or by next month. My list # is 182*. So if this is true this list is moving. Good Luck everyone

Old 08-08-2011, 02:29 PM

176 posts, read 374,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Hard to believe that people with low list numbers like that still don't have their stuff together after all this time. Thanks for the update.
I'm surprised myself. Having your permit at Pre- Orien. is a plus. Without it, your not able to go through their CDL course & it just pushes you further back when it comes to filling those classes. Remember ladies & gents, the CDL class is 1st come, 1st served basis.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:27 PM

41 posts, read 72,909 times
Default a few quick questions...

Hello everyone...

I have a few quick questions for those of you who have been called from test 6063 recently or those of you on the job already...

When we go down for pre-employment processing, are we required to be in business attire?

Is this step an all day affair? Is it just paper work that we will be filling out?

How long after this date does it take to be appointed?

If we already have our CDL what is the process if we don't have to take the CDL class? (I already have my CDL having worked for the MTA)

Are there any women on the job?

What is the process once you're hired?

Thank you in advance for any information that can shed some light upon this situation.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:04 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris905 View Post
Hello everyone...

I have a few quick questions for those of you who have been called from test 6063 recently or those of you on the job already...

When we go down for pre-employment processing, are we required to be in business attire?

Is this step an all day affair? Is it just paper work that we will be filling out?

If we already have our CDL what is the process if we don't have to take the CDL class? (I already have my CDL having worked for the MTA)

Thank you in advance for any information that can shed some light upon this situation.
Do not come to pre-employment in business attire. You will be uncomfortable and look stupid. Dress regular. If you have a cdl your in good shape and probably be in the next class. There are women on the job.If you are pretty you will get away with a lot. If you are not pretty and nice you will get away with a lot. That is all I remember hope it helped.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:13 PM

51 posts, read 101,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris905 View Post
Hello everyone...

Hey Kris, I'm going to attempt to answer some of your questions but before I do know that I'm not on the job but I'm close hopefully September close. As far as the pre-orientation you do not have to dress up. In pre orientation you are required to bring in documents that are specified on the letter they send to your home. While they check your documents they give you information on job salary benefits and promotional opportunites. you may ask questions at this time. After that you receive your paperwork for the next step which is the medical. You are looking at spending approximately 4 hours there possibly leaving there around 12:30.

As far as getting appointed, once your medical and paperwork is in order it's a waiting game depending on your list number and how many they need for upcoming classes. Could be a couple of weeks or a couple of years.

There are women on the job. I believe after you get hired their is 4 weeks of training and then some on the job training then you get your garage. I hope this helps. What is your list #?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.